Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best jax player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheIronFist

12-25-2010

Quote:
Shemsu Hor:
just nuke/abuse till u have a kill with your lane partner. build tanky items hes actually very good in team fights because hes not squishy at all
newbs needa stop buying rageblade its bad
Items - gunblade+trinity force+ninja tabi+warmogs+atma's banshee's.

you neeeeeed to build life items on all champions.. defense only gets you so far.
with the items above it takes 12k+ physical dmg to kill u and 13k+ with R on to kill u with magic+ u still hit like a truck and nuke with trinity

Except the problem is if you aren't fed this build is ****. You have no resists until ATMAS. You still get CC'd to death. I do nuke abuse. But I also solo lane and do it very well. I actually win more games then I lose as jax BECAUSE I can carry. But I feel like I am trying TOO HARD. Playing someone like kennen I roll face while jax I can't at all even when fed MUCH MUCH HARDER. I build a fairly tanky jax and when solo laning normally take cleanse to make it even harder to CC me to death. I even get merc treads over ninja tabi so I can have that much more CC reduc if CC is killing me.

My build is questionable at times but this isn't the solution. I just want to talk to a higher level player about HOW you full on carry a team with jax. Because while I can be the main DPSer I never am a full carry like I can be with ashe, MF, kennen, and even xin zhao.

BraveryBeyond

12-25-2010

Quote:
TheIronFist:
Except the problem is if you aren't fed this build is ****. You have no resists until ATMAS. You still get CC'd to death. I do nuke abuse. But I also solo lane and do it very well. I actually win more games then I lose as jax BECAUSE I can carry. But I feel like I am trying TOO HARD. Playing someone like kennen I roll face while jax I can't at all even when fed MUCH MUCH HARDER. I build a fairly tanky jax and when solo laning normally take cleanse to make it even harder to CC me to death. I even get merc treads over ninja tabi so I can have that much more CC reduc if CC is killing me.

My build is questionable at times but this isn't the solution. I just want to talk to a higher level player about HOW you full on carry a team with jax. Because while I can be the main DPSer I never am a full carry like I can be with ashe, MF, kennen, and even xin zhao.

Actually, that build was fairly good. My layout as of right now:

Flat Atk Spd Marks
Flat Dodge Seals
Per Level Magic Resist Glyphs
Dodge Quints

Cripple- 1
Archmage's Savvy- 3
Sorcery- 4
Archaic Knowledge- 1
Resistance- 3
Hardiness- 3
Evasion- 4
Defensive Mastery- 1
Nimbleness- 1
Harden Skin- 1
Veteran's Scars- 4
Ardor- 3
Tenacity- 1

Doran's Shield/Doran's Blade (depends)
Ninja Tabi
Hextech Gunblade
Trinity Force
Atma's Impaler
-Situational Item-

I never need much defense earlier in my games as I skirmish and gank a lot, so I tend to only fight when it's to my advantage. Later when team fights start, I have enough armour and MR to deal with any threat (I've stood in the middle of crowstorm and beat a fiddle to death) that I come across, so I'm not too worried on that front. I go down the defensive tree to give me that extra little boost to defense I need to cover taking all those big damage items and it works out fine. Yeah, I probably die more than most, but I usually end up taking two or three with me, so it works out. I'm not concerned with K: D, only winning.

The key is to build your defense around your pre-game setup and make sure your items do all the carrying.

Sizif

02-04-2011

My score is better than dyrus on EU!And 2 pentas!

Mercurius

02-05-2011

It's Dyrus. It's always been Dyrus.