Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Could Tristan win a Gangplank in a 1 vs 1 game solo mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tapp

12-25-2010

Quote:
Kestz:
Gangplank moves slow and is pretty weak. Don't know who'd have a problem beating him.

I usually run Teemo. Toxic Shots. Walk to max range of pirate, shoot him, shoot him again, shoot him again, he walks towards me slowly? shoot, back up, shoot, back up, shoot, chase him, shoot, chase him.

Either gangplank leaves lane, dies, or his friends help and he no longer has a solo lane anymore.

A GP in a 2v1 lane puts his enemy at a great disadvantage with the nerfs to solo lane experience. His deny doesn't completely take away the level advantage but it makes a big difference.

Kestz

12-25-2010

If he buys the deny thing at the start, he's a weak melee with no move speed or range, no escape mechanic and no chase mechanic. Just kill him as ranged, win game.

DAVID SIRLIN

12-25-2010

Quote:
0TsarBomb0:
Except he's probably sitting by his turret and 2-3 levels above you. :/ Carries have the hardest time vs pirate.

DAVID SIRLIN WOULD LIKE TO NOTE THAT PIRATE CANNOT HARASS AND DENY AT THE SAME TIME. IT'S SIMPLY IMPOSSIBLE DUE TO THE MANA COSTS OF HIS RAISE MORALE AND PARRRRLAY COMBINED WITH HIS LOW MANA POOL. UNLESS HE STARTS WITH A REGEN ITEM. IN WHICH CASE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AFRAID OF HIM.

JUST SAYIN'.

yomi

Tinara

12-25-2010

Quote:
Kestz:
Gangplank moves slow and is pretty weak. Don't know who'd have a problem beating him.

I usually run Teemo. Toxic Shots. Walk to max range of pirate, shoot him, shoot him again, shoot him again, he walks towards me slowly? shoot, back up, shoot, back up, shoot, chase him, shoot, chase him.

Either gangplank leaves lane, dies, or his friends help and he no longer has a solo lane anymore.

Gangplank has faster movement speed than most carries.

Kestz

12-25-2010

If gangplank is sitting at his turret denying, he's lvl.1 and you're lvl.4 and you win the game.

He only gets xp killing things and at least the first two waves will run past his turret. He's stuck under turret at lvl.1 with turret getting all the kills? Gangplank lost already.

TrrZ

12-25-2010

Quote:
and got an awesome result:
in a 5 v 4 game where enemy also had 1-15 player

and u were bragging at the end. shame on you

also, this build is meh, and abyssal is even worse

Kestz

12-25-2010

Quote:
Gangplank has faster movement speed than most carries

You clearly don't understand game mechanics. Melee needs a much faster move speed to not get kited to bits.

If Gangplank is 315 and Teemo is 305, I've landed like 3-6 poison shots before he gets his first attack. A single poison attack from Teemo can do 80-120 damage easily. Gangplank is half-dead before he attacks once and has no escape mechanic? Yup.

Gangplank is 10 faster than Teemo. Jax is 10 faster than Gangplank. Yi is 15 faster than Gangplank.
Gangplank is massively slow.

Heliostorm

12-25-2010

Quote:
Kestz:
If gangplank is sitting at his turret denying, he's lvl.1 and you're lvl.4 and you win the game.

He only gets xp killing things and at least the first two waves will run past his turret. He's stuck under turret at lvl.1 with turret getting all the kills? Gangplank lost already.

Who says he has to hide under his turret at level one? Considering that the first wave will be down at least two melee minions, possibly three, the wave will immediately push to his tower, setting up his easy denial and last hitting for the rest of the lane.

Gangplank doesn't need to harass you, he just needs to keep denying until he's 2-3 levels higher than you. Even if you never take a single Parley, as long as he's playing smart and not getting zoned he wins his lane automatically.

TheFistOfAsura

12-25-2010

I don't know if Tristana can win a Gangplank, but I'm sure she can win other fabulous prizes