ADVANCED Kennen tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twilexia

12-25-2010

For the laning phase, you should go W first. you hit creeps 4 times, (try to LH) and then hit your 1v1 opponent, then press W again. You repeat this every time, try to box your opponent out. If they try to last hit make sure to punish them for it.

In the beginning your W cooldown is longer than the duration of the debuff, until you are level 5. (assuming you level up W on levels 1, 4, 5, taking Shruiken and Rush on 2 and 3). So try to get it off before the enemy gets away. Once you hit 5, you can begin chain-stunning them. Mark them once with your auto-attack, and then use W. Don't hit them with Q, just wait. Once your W cooldown refreshes, E up to them and then press W again. That will stun them, at this point you use Shruiken to mark them again. So now they have 1 mark. Retreat and wait, once you get your autoattack charged, autoattack them, press W again, that stuns them again, and then press Q again.

In other words, Chain-mark them so that you can stun them at will. This will do a TON of damage and make them fear you for a long time.

Of course, if you can hit them with your shruiken at level 2, you can basically chain-stun them from level 2, hit shruiken once, charge autoattack, use that, W, then shruiken them again to put another mark on them.

GhostDieM

12-25-2010

@ twilexia, hmm thanks, with your explanation it's clear why my early game isn't that strong. I've been trying to go E>Q>W or Q>E>W not effectively using W's passive. I understand the chain mark principle you are talking about and I guess it's safer to just use E as a gap closer for W instead of trying to hit my enemy directly with it if I have an opponent that will punish me every time I come too close (like the Annie I mentioned). I'm going to try this new strategy, looks like there's even more to Kennen then I thought

ALCie

12-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDieM View Post
@ twilexia, hmm thanks, with your explanation it's clear why my early game isn't that strong. I've been trying to go E>Q>W or Q>E>W not effectively using W's passive. I understand the chain mark principle you are talking about and I guess it's safer to just use E as a gap closer for W instead of trying to hit my enemy directly with it if I have an opponent that will punish me every time I come too close (like the Annie I mentioned). I'm going to try this new strategy, looks like there's even more to Kennen then I thought
You need to use W's passive properly. It's the only way to get 3 quick marks on an opponent early game. W passive + W active + Q is a stun. Use E to help the Q hit via better positioning. Once you get a stun off, auto attack them and back off until you can repeat. Chase them with E if they are about to die.

If the opponent has a stun ready don't go in. Morgana is tough because if shes quick (able to block even ONE mark with her shield, which really isn't hard) you can't do much to her. And using E to reposition yourself could result in a binding in the face. The best way to deal with Morg is to keep harassing, making her exhaust her mana pool. Energy should allow you to continually pressure her.

I have tried leveling W first but it just doesn't work for me. Q has such a quick CD at higher levels and if you can land most of the time it seems like a waste to not max it first. Throwing a Q out every 2 seconds, even blindly, is bound to hit someone.

NeoScout

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2010

kennen is already too annoying early game -_-

Threpe

12-26-2010

A couple of things I don't think have been touched on.

1. 9-21-0 works, but so does 9-0-21. I always go for the latter as I feel that if you're timing and positioning are good survivability is less important. I think it's more or less a toss-up.

2. You DO want to hit with your E when you use it for the energy restore. It's an expensive skill, so it's important to recoup that 40 energy whenever possible.

3. Only get one level in E early. You need to max your damage-dealing skills.

I would never pass up the farming ability that Q gives for W. You can hit minions from something like 1100 range, so it's good when you're having difficulty in lane (which is rare on Kennen but it happens). I don't feel that my harassing ability suffers from this, although I admit that chain-stuns from W are cool as well. It might come down to a difference in playstyle.

I've been experimenting with lots of MPen on Kennen lately since his ratios are so-so. I have MPen quints and marks, energy regen/lvl seals, flat MR glyphs. Health quints are always great. If I go for Haunting Guise I do it earlier rather than later (sorc boots + Haunting Guise =D) for pretty much pure damage to squishies.

thunion

12-26-2010

I would suggest rageblade

GhostDieM

12-26-2010

Thx guys some helpful tips, really appreciate it.

Deth Jester

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDieM View Post
Thx guys some helpful tips, really appreciate it.
Thank you for making the thread, I need tips as well lol.

Seriously check my records as Kennen, not so good.

GhostDieM

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deth Jester View Post
Thank you for making the thread, I need tips as well lol.

Seriously check my records as Kennen, not so good.
You're welcome Also practiced using W's passive this night and it works a lot better. Still lost because of a leaver and a bad game but meh it happens.