ADVANCED Kennen tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostDieM

12-25-2010

Hey guys,

I recently picked up Kennen and I'm doing quite well with him stun locking enemy teams and being able to execute quick combos on a 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 gank situation (both ways).
However I feel he really shines in teamfights but early game I dish out too little damage to actually do much against any but the most squishy of enemys 1 vs 1. When I'm with a lane partner I usually do quite well because we can pull off a quick stun + damage combo and quickly gain the upper hand.
Now my question is if there is any way to change my/Kennen's effectiveness early game 1 vs 1 (mid) or even 2 vs 1 in a side solo-lane.

My current build is:

Boots of swiftness (I like the mobility over magic pen with sorc boots)
Rylai's (great survivability, AP and slows)
Abyss scepter (some MR, magic pen and AP)
Haunting Guise (more survivability, AP and MP)
Zhyona's (for obvious reasons)

My runes are MP marks, energy regen/level seals, CD Red. Glyphs and defensive Quints (flat health, armor and MR). I'm still thinking about changing the quints to maybe MP or all flat health though.

Masteries are 11/19/0 grabbing as much AP/AS/MP as possible and some defense.

Summoner spells are Flash and Ghost.

Thanks in advance, DieM

GhostDieM

12-25-2010

Bump before christmas dinner

McRofls

12-25-2010

Your build is pretty fine. I go about mine a little differently, but your's is still good.

How are you not dominating early game? You probably just need to practice landing your Q. Also remember that you can harass safely by using your W's passive & active.

SySerror

12-25-2010

Also I'd go for 9/21/0 as those points far in the defense tree like ardor and tenacity are great on kennen and prolly not worth those extra 2 in prolly attack speed.

McRofls

12-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SySerror View Post
Also I'd go for 9/21/0 as those points far in the defense tree like ardor and tenacity are great on kennen and prolly not worth those extra 2 in prolly attack speed.
9/21 with a D-shield is where it's at.

CaptainLightEyes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-25-2010

agreed, go for 9/21/0, rush the rylais before finishing boots, you can get by without upgrading boots for a while with his e

hydrogencar

12-25-2010

Remove Haunting Guise. Use tons of Elixirs after Rylais.
There are no advanced tricks, just always think before you act. Is it worth diving/chasing? Am I pushing too hard even though 5 are mia? Do we have enough wards etc.
Sounds pretty obvious I know, but this game is about the decisions you make. Your items/summoner spells etc are right. Now go make the right decisions ingame.

GhostDieM

12-25-2010

Yea I forgot to mention I use Doran's shield as a starting item. I know I'm not using W's passive to full effect yet (still practicing) but is it enough to make such a difference? It's still only 1 mark added. What's the skill order you guys use? I go Q>E>W>E>E>R, maybe it's better to max Q or W first? Thx for the tips so far!

ALCie

12-25-2010

Advanced tips?

Don't use Lightning Rush to position yourself for your ultimate. You won't have enough energy to do much after. Use it to chase and apply another mark.

Smart Cast Q.

Use Lightning rush offensively in the early levels. Use its quick movement to get into position for a Q and an extra mark.

GhostDieM

12-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCie View Post
Advanced tips?

Don't use Lightning Rush to position yourself for your ultimate. You won't have enough energy to do much after. Use it to chase and apply another mark.

Smart Cast Q.

Use Lightning rush offensively in the early levels. Use its quick movement to get into position for a Q and an extra mark.
I usually use flash to ult in and then use W to stun-lock the enemy team and chase anyone down after that with Lightning rush. So far that works great, especially when I play with my pre-made which has a Kayle which can ult me when needed. Lightning Rush in the early levels is actually where my problem lies. I find it's quite a high risk move and doesn't always work out, especially against enemy's with stuns or binds like Annie or Morgana. Maybe E for positioning and then Q is a good option, going to try that more instead of trying to hit them directly with E, thx.