Buff Ward duration ( ATLEAST FOR PINK WARDS)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TankHunter678

12-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slavik1 View Post
Wards are bringing passive gameplay and are free out of jail card for people with no map awareness :P. Wards should be situational, not a requirement. Nerfed wards are fine, it's better trade off (good players will know where and when to place nerfed wards, not spamming them all over the map) and indirect buff to Clairvoyance, TF, Nidalee etc. Gankers too but aren't they supposed to be strong at their role?

I like Vision Wards too but I'd rather make it 135-140 gold, to promote counter-warding strategy and reward noticing an enemy placing a ward much more.
For people with no map awareness, wards are not a get out of jail card. Even with the ward they still wont notice cause they did not have map awareness in the first place.

DrWhiskersTheCat

12-25-2010

Quote:
Wards are bringing passive gameplay and are free out of jail card for people with no map awareness :P. Wards should be situational, not a requirement. Nerfed wards are fine, it's better trade off (good players will know where and when to place nerfed wards, not spamming them all over the map) and indirect buff to Clairvoyance, TF, Nidalee etc. Gankers too but aren't they supposed to be strong at their role?

I like Vision Wards too but I'd rather make it 135-140 gold, to promote counter-warding strategy and reward noticing an enemy placing a ward much more.
I didn't have read the rest, because that's wrong. I don't want to face check a bush and die. Either do I want to walk 2 feet and ganked by Shaco. Wards are very useful, and can check your jungle or check into the enemies' jungle. Don't jungle wards for being bad because of some 850 ELO player.

JunSupport

12-25-2010

Wards were serving their purpose a little too well, surveillance of the Fog of War.
Be it regular or Vision type, that's what they were doing.
It made it impossible for a losing team to move around, and early game it made bad players too care free.

It did buff up stealth champions a bit indirectly because Vision wards were included.
But, there's no real way to reconicle this.

Though, they COULD put in a potion like Oracle that had a time limit on it.
Mini-oracle: Lasts 5 minutes, effect lost if slain.

Pentarctagon

12-25-2010

also minions should not be able to kill wards...

JunSupport

12-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentarctagon View Post
also minions should not be able to kill wards...
You should not be dropping a ward right in front of minions.

That's just being cocky and pompous.
Riot's trying to get away from that, and make people use their heads more.

Slavik1

12-25-2010

Bush is for people to hide and kill you, not a place where ward is mandatory, or a place you have to check, like there is hidden gold, spawning on every bush check. You don't have to ward enemy buffs. If you decide to do this with current wards, risk the shorter duration but win a buff steal (and a kill) when successful. Anyway nerf to wards was a great move.

Ever heard about Morgana, Lux, Anivia etc.? Ask them to spellcheck bush for you. Let a tank go first. We've all just got used to play with wards all the time because of the Demacian guy, I can understand this well. I say, good players will adapt to the small changes anyway.
Like I've said, wards are now better for good players (and people reading patch notes, you have no idea how many players put a ward in front of me and got it destroyed in a second :P).

@JunSupport: exactly.

Dirtnugget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2010

Nerfing wards was fine, but unintentionally buffing stealth was rough..

Doji

12-25-2010

I think the ward changes were good for the game.

TheUndeadFish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2010

Because a 30 sec duration nerf was such a MASSIVE nerf to invis detect wards >.>

xKoBiEx

Recruiter

12-25-2010

Quote:

Except that only good players place wards in the first place and many still complain about their cost.