Dealing with Anti-Carry as a Carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EmptyHole

12-24-2010

In a recent game I was playing Ashe and the other team had a Akali. Every time we had a teamfight she always went for me and killed me. Eventually, I told my team to focus her so I wouldn't die and could actually help in a team fight. I am wondering if there is a better way to deal with these types of champions than having my team focus them.

Cenerae

12-24-2010

The only possible thing you can do is to keep an eye on your positioning. If you have to delay your committing to the teamfight because Akali kills you when you go in, then do so. Make her pick a different target then enter.

Short of doing that or having your team protect you from her, there's really not much you can do.

Arkives

12-24-2010

Nope, that is pretty much the only way to truly deal w/ an assassin. A team has to be able to protect your carry. Also MR helps too.

Lancefighter

12-24-2010

Dont let akali get into range, mostly. Unfortunately, her ult range is pretty large

Having lots of cc nearby helps, but a lot of that relies on teammates to properly keep their carries safe

Dark Sativa

12-24-2010

don't enter til she blows her load all over someone else. delayed dps is much stronger than dying in 2 seconds.

joshiez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesbane View Post
don't enter til she blows her load all over someone else. delayed dps is much stronger than dying in 2 seconds.
This is a great way of putting it, haha... Once she combos, shoot her face off.

Marius Caesar

12-24-2010

If you're ranged dps... fight in the back?

Nothing more perilous for an Akali than having to ult from the front of the teamfight way to the back. Makes it so much more easier for everyone to focus when she's flying in.

Eliras

12-25-2010

Stun.

Run.

Die.

Those are your choices.

SySerror

12-25-2010

Just ask someone on ur team to save a CC for when she jumps on you. this should give your team enough time to change focus and kill her before she can do much dmg to you.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-25-2010

Well..you're a carry, and the opponent is anti-carry. If anti-carry can't deal with carry, then what's the point of having one?