Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Discussion] Alternative Katarina Builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoxly

12-28-2009

So I have been playin the classic damage Kat 2x BF 2x BLoodthirster, Phage, w/e combo, and AP is just outdated, so is there any other Katarina builds? I saw one that had TONS of HP and TONS of Armor, like tankish, and they pwned like crazy?

Quiksmith

12-29-2009

Best builds around include a warmogs, magic pen boots, and bloodthirster spam.

Anajansi

12-29-2009

Yeah, I just came up with a very strange tank Kat build that was pretty crazy but worked surprisingly well. It is very situational, though.

Basically, I selected Kat and went to the bathroom really quick. Came back and realized that nobody on our team picked any tank characters... or anything with decent HP, really. The lineup was something along the lines of:

Kat (me)
Twitch
Annie
Karthus
Some other mage-type champion

They had:
Nasus
Nunu
Twitch
Eve
Yi

So, with only 1 stunner (which was deathly afraid of me and wouldn't come anywhere near), I didn't have to worry too much about being interrupted during my ult. If I remember correctly, I had 1 bloodthirster, 1 black cleaver, berserker greaves, 2 warmogs, and 1 giants belt. I had ~4k HP, 220 atk power (not counting bloodthirster charges). Basically, I would just Ki->shunpo into the middle of them and pop my ult while my teammates backed me up.

I believe I had about 12/8/14 by the end of the match. We did, eventually, lose though due to Yi backdooring (I simply couldn't defend EVERYWHERE all at once...).