Do not end your game with the following in your inventory!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morzas

12-28-2009

You are missing the main purpose of the following items if you have any of them in your inventory at the end of the game:

Philosopher's Stone
Avarice Blade
Heart of Gold
Kage's Lucky Pick
Doran's Blade (although this one's going to be changed later and will not have 1 gold per 10 anymore)

Why? It's because these items have a very specific purpose. Their stats are weaker than their more expensive counterparts, but they make up for this by being an investment, a trade-off if you will. You suffer their weaker stats in the mid-game, sell them end-game once you've profited off of them and buy better end-game gear than people who didn't buy them. However, if you never actually sell them, then you're wasting them.

So please, people, if you're going to buy a Philo stone over a Catalyst, don't end the game with it in your inventory. That item's purpose is to help you early game, then to be sold late game for something more appropriate for endgame fights, like an Elixir of Fortitude or bits and pieces of Guardian Angel. If you end the game with Philosopher's Stone in your inventory, even if you won, you didn't abuse that item's full potential.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2009

-Not used Exilir

JunkRamen

12-28-2009

What if the game ends because of how leet my stats were from using those items?

Morzas

12-28-2009

It could have ended quicker if you sold them. Elixir of Agility + Cloak of Agility gives you more crit chance than two Avarice Blades, a Blasting Wand and an Elixir of Brilliance is better than two Kage's Lucky Picks, etc. There's no reason to have those items in your inventory late game, late game defined as when the game ceases to be League of Legends anymore and becomes Defense of the Baron.

Puff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2009

Lets see, if I hard carry into 3 avarices, own a **** ton, eventually go back boots and BF sword, im at 5 slots.

I own some more, go back by my inf edge and zeal, own more, upgrade zeal to phantom. and win.

Hmmmmm. 3 avarices, boots, phantom.

I couldnt have sold them to get anything earlier, or I would be gimping my CS and pure ownage.

While your argument is sound, it is wrong.

Krath4

12-28-2009

I reject your opinion and substitute my own, TC.

I will use Philo Stone all game for the HP and Mana regen and there is nothing you can do to stop me!

EchoRex

12-28-2009

This thread is assuming the game lasts beyond 30min I guess?

BarbeqdBrwniez

12-28-2009

This is only if you can replace them with better things. If you end the game with a philo stone, boots of something, and two high end items, then the philo stone is fine and it is good that you kept it, however if you have a philo stone, boots, and FOUR high end items, then sell that philo stone and get some elixers!

What you say is only applicable in certain situations.

Bait

12-28-2009

assuming the game lasts over an hour... aka hell.

Morzas

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbeqdBrwniez View Post
This is only if you can replace them with better things. If you end the game with a philo stone, boots of something, and two high end items, then the philo stone is fine and it is good that you kept it, however if you have a philo stone, boots, and FOUR high end items, then sell that philo stone and get some elixers!

What you say is only applicable in certain situations.
If you end the game with that Philosopher's Stone, you could have sold it and gotten Elixir of Fortitude + Elixir of Agility/Brilliance and made your endgame more favorable.