Best/Worst heroes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DualCollision

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylar View Post
I think Warwick is getting a raw deal in this thread, and it comes down to team boosting vs kill stats.

I've been playing a lot of Warwick recently, because he wins games for the team.

Everyone wants to play the carry these days, so a lot of times I end up taking Cho to tank for the team, or Annie for magic damage/stun, but if we have those bases covered I'll generally take Warwick.

I cannot remember the last game I played where we did not have at least 2 or 3 carries on the team, and usually there is a pissfest over who gets to solo. If we have our other bases covered, I take warwick, and two people can solo, because I can exist purely off jungling into the mid game. I often do not kill a lane mob till level 6 or 7, and that is just mopping up after a gank.

Two carries with solo fed exp and coin = team win.

And while I'm usually a level or two below the solo laners, I keep up with the rest.

Benefits of Warwick:

Two carries solo = win.

I kill the dragon every time it's up, which helps the whole team and feeds those carries just that much more.

I provide stun to let those carries gank their lanes, which feeds them even further still.

I provide attack speed for turret drops and group fights.

I disable the enemy's main DPS in a group fight with my ult.

I can chase and snare the wounded for my team to finish them off.

I keep the enemy from getting jungle buffs, and generally leave wards in my wake all over their side of the map for intel.

These are not glamorous tasks, they do not make my stats all shiny and pretty with huge kill/death rates.

I suicide alot... but my team gets 3 kills or an ace because of it.

I may be a bit underleveled mid game, but we have an extra carry 3 levels above the enemy teams in trade.

I may "waste lot of time beating on the dragon", enjoy the gold and exp, you got it too.

Warwick wins games.

He just does not get credit for it, because everything he does makes the others on his team shine that much brighter, which is how he wins games...

I totally Agree, I use to play Kayle and Sion all the time, But ever since I've started playing Warwick, I've won every game but my first, granted i'd usually take a friend or 2 with me. But it Definitely helps having 2 soloers who are around lvl 7 by the time you reach 6, on top of that, I usually got enough gold. On top the fact that if your a good warwick, you can solo dragon for team around lvl 5ish. I've never tried 4, but i'd rather not haha. and killing the dragon at that level can make a difference over time.

Cresh

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualCollision View Post
I totally Agree, I use to play Kayle and Sion all the time, But ever since I've started playing Warwick, I've won every game but my first, granted i'd usually take a friend or 2 with me. But it Definitely helps having 2 soloers who are around lvl 7 by the time you reach 6, on top of that, I usually got enough gold. On top the fact that if your a good warwick, you can solo dragon for team around lvl 5ish. I've never tried 4, but i'd rather not haha. and killing the dragon at that level can make a difference over time.
Warwick is, by design, a solo character. In lower brackets you will get kills with his ultimate, but later on you become, at best, a minor threat.

It is nice to have a jungler on your team, assuming your team can handle it. If, however, you force the person you would have been laning with the be harassed entirely, gaining no gold and possibly getting killed because of it, then you hurt your team.

There are plenty of other heros who can jungle (including killing dragon) that early on. Some dont even need madreds to do it (Nidalee and Mundo are great examples of people who offer more than warwick to the team, but can still do an early dragon).

Warwick gets the "raw deal" because he just doesnt offer what other champions can. Trynd / Yi / And Jax all outshine him.

FABIOForever

12-30-2009

Warwick isn't even the best jungler. Again it boils down to "whatever Warwick can do, someone else can do better." For solo jungling + popping out for ganks, Fiddlesticks is so much better. Better damage, better regen, better farming, better CC.

The worst is when I see Warwick's hogging the golem buff. What in the world does he need that for? Faster cooldown isn't going to improve you, and out of all the heroes that use mana he's probably the LEAST mana dependant character in the game.

Pen15Mightier

12-30-2009

Not enough votes for Nunu. A well placed/timed Ult is absolutely CRUSHING to the enemy team. All that's left is for one carry to mop up the aftermath.

He can build like a tank, or like a caster and still be just as devastating. He can jungle after an unfortunate incident where half your team goes down without taking any out in return, he can solo dragon at lvl 7 just like most other carries if you built him right (takes a little longer than most carries, but doable).

He provides excellent slows for the enemy team, in both ATK speed and MOVE speed. He's usually hard as hell to take down, and even if they can stop his Ult, he usually has a Banshee's Veil or a Kayle backing him up.

I usually build him for Tank/AP with CD reduction as a side effect. Getting a Haunting Guise/Codex/Boots of Penetration/Rod of the Ages/Abyssal Scepter/Banshee''s Veil/Nashor's Tooth. You go from minor annoyance to major threat. You can use either Cleanse/Kayle's Ult/Morgana's Black Shield/Banshee's Veil to ensure the ult goes off, and Flash to get in the right place to lay it down. While it's channeling you cause havoc in their team, usually splitting them up, almost always catching someone in it. Whoever moves closer to the team gets wrecked, if they try to focus you, they get wrecked by everyone else with their decreased DPS.

He's absolutely gamebreaking in the right hands. The buff to his Ult just made it all that much more delicious.

ichi the killer

12-30-2009

The top 3 most powerful heroes:
-Yi (crazy dmg, broken ult and back door power FTW)
-Cho'Gath (AoE disabler, silence, heal, tank & mage, good passive! what else can you want?)
-Twisted Fate (map control/awareness, stun, crazy range, his own teleport on 90 sec CD)

The top 3 most USEFUL heroes on a team:
-alistar aka minotaur (heal, stun , -dmg% ult -->great pushing ability)
-kayle (paired with a DPS carry, her ult is crazy!!!)
-zilean (same as kayle, passive xp boost)

The top 3 worst heroes:
-Evelynn (useless in a team, mana sink, squishy, her passive and ult need to be reworked)
-Jax (Yi is just better at everything Jax does except maybe dodge)
-Warwick (good jungler but they are better junglers... Yet again there are better DPS than him)

Malleus Deum

12-30-2009

top three worst heimer, jana, jax
my favorite (i play lots of tanks) singe, amumu, alistar (only if used right and paired with flash) annie, malphite. none of these char are terribly op in everyones hands although my first game as singed last night i had an insane amount of assists but hey i just read his skills tossback enemy into my team ulti and run out = win 4v5 after that.

Statticus

12-30-2009

Top 3 Best:
Twitch - nerf him!
Teemo - Map control, and dying to poison is not fun.
Tristana - Raw damage output and tactical flexibility

Top 3 Useful:
Malphite - Great initiator, can tank and deal some DPS too
Zilean - That rez is a life saver, time bomb's great for harassing
Singed - Terrible to kill, can separate you from your team

Top 3 Worst:
Eve - If you mess up early game, you're practically worthless
Ashe - well, only because a lot of bad players pick her
Jax - hasn't been dominating games lately

John Q Public

12-30-2009

i gotta say, for all those people crying about twitch's ultimate, just don't stand in a straight line. i've ran circles around twitch and made him waste his entire ultimate without getting hit once. He's also a very slow hero so chances are if u just run away, u just made him waste like half his mana. you can also just focus him down. TF's gold card always hits you and not even banshee's veil can protect you from it (though apparently that's a glitch?). That being said, both heros are def overpowering if played right. I'll also put shaco and yi on there because unless you're feeding with those heroes, they're overpowered too.

Most useful? depends on the match

worst?

I gotta say, i've seen some pretty awesome heimerdingers but he is still one of the most worthless heroes i've ever seen. I've also never seen a good corki, unless my team just never gives him a chance or something. I'll also put twitch on here because he's so **** slow, dies in 2 hits and i've only seen 2 good players.

JunkRamen

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQP122 View Post
i gotta say, for all those people crying about twitch's ultimate, just don't stand in a straight line. i've ran circles around twitch and made him waste his entire ultimate without getting hit once. He's also a very slow hero so chances are if u just run away, u just made him waste like half his mana. you can also just focus him down. TF's gold card always hits you and not even banshee's veil can protect you from it (though apparently that's a glitch?). That being said, both heros are def overpowering if played right. I'll also put shaco and yi on there because unless you're feeding with those heroes, they're overpowered too.
Yeah, just "don't stand in a line" in a team fight in the game's currently narrow maps, good one. Just run circles around Twitch, it's not like he has a snare or gets fire buff or has teammates or anything. And also, Twitch is not slow. If you think he's slow, you forgot to buy boots. 310 is about average. "Slow" would be Anivia, Fiddlesticks, Annie, and other casters.

John Q Public

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
Yeah, just "don't stand in a line" in a team fight in the game's currently narrow maps, good one. Just run circles around Twitch, it's not like he has a snare or gets fire buff or has teammates or anything. And also, Twitch is not slow. If you think he's slow, you forgot to buy boots. 310 is about average. "Slow" would be Anivia, Fiddlesticks, Annie, and other casters.
lol the lane's wide enough for all 10 heros to stand in a line spanning across it and if you're getting snared so much, maybe u shouldn't headbutt their CC team and pick them off one by one via ambush. and like i said, just focus him. he dies in 3 hits. and he's still super slow.