Best/Worst heroes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izaakku View Post
There are no "best" or "worst" heroes, The champions are only as good as the person playing them is.
this comment is completely wrong and useless. of course there are best and worst heroes. in a game consisty of 40+ champions it would take a miracle to have them ALL completely balanced and equal to one another. there's just no way to test every characters' mathup against every other character especially when your team consists of 5 players each. you're telling me that in a game in which each character has a total of 18 skill levels each with 40 characters that you can balance all 720 different skill levels?

AND if somehow you managed to "balance" all of those skills, now you get to the hard part of throwing in the permutations of them being on specific team combinations and actually working in conjuction with one another. not gonna do the math for you but you're looking at something like 3600^17 different possible ways the game could be played out.

yeah, good luck trying to balance that and tell us that there are no such thing as tiers.

the best you can do is just to keep patching the game whenever overwhelming/underwhelming strategies present themselves and just keep getting closer to truly balancing your game, something that I think riot is truly trying hard to do, so props on that.

but back on topic:

Top 3 most Powerful (I'm assuming you meant straight up killing power):
-Trynd
-Master Yi
-Veigar

Top 3 Usefull (Assuming this means Top 3 highest placed on tier list):
-Twisted Fate
-Malphite
-Sivir

Worst 3 (3 Lowest on tier list)
-Eve
-Heim
-Jax or Warwick

Just my 2 cents. xD

AIM7Sparrow

12-29-2009

Also, I think there should be a top 3 most mindgamezzz characters:

Kassadin wins all three spots, bwaahahaha!

Epic Tacos

12-29-2009

There is such a large consensus on Twitch because of his ridiculous damage output late game. Even a twitch who has not been doing very well all game (perhaps with a record like 4-4 or even slightly negative) can activate spray and pray and rape an entire team on the push for the third tower.

FABIOForever

12-29-2009

I can't believe everyone wanted TF's gold card nerfed while Twitch's ultimate went untouched. Spray & Pray is pretty much where all his brokeness lies. He's already a superb assassin ganker, then they give him an ultimate that turns him into an AoE sniper Master Yi????? o_O

AIM7Sparrow

12-29-2009

I have to disagree with all the twitch posters. I think they're confusing straight up damage output with versatility of damage output. A decked out twitch is never going to beat a decked out master yi or trynd in pure DPS potential. And veigar can hit the realm of 3.5k in 1.6 seconds so he beats them all (but that's kind of unfair since technically he can get like infinite AP lol)

however, yes I do agree that twitch is much more capable of netting kills because of the mechanics of his attacks and skills. he does NOT however qualify for top 3 DPS characters.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-29-2009

Worst right now would probably be,

Heimerdinger, Karthus, Janna, Warwick and Jax.

Although, a really good player could own with any of those heroes.

Not related to how good/strong of a champion they might be, in the not represented category of easiest to suck with, I'd have to say,

Twisted Fate, Heimerdinger and Udyr

Mylar

12-29-2009

I think Warwick is getting a raw deal in this thread, and it comes down to team boosting vs kill stats.

I've been playing a lot of Warwick recently, because he wins games for the team.

Everyone wants to play the carry these days, so a lot of times I end up taking Cho to tank for the team, or Annie for magic damage/stun, but if we have those bases covered I'll generally take Warwick.

I cannot remember the last game I played where we did not have at least 2 or 3 carries on the team, and usually there is a pissfest over who gets to solo. If we have our other bases covered, I take warwick, and two people can solo, because I can exist purely off jungling into the mid game. I often do not kill a lane mob till level 6 or 7, and that is just mopping up after a gank.

Two carries with solo fed exp and coin = team win.

And while I'm usually a level or two below the solo laners, I keep up with the rest.

Benefits of Warwick:

Two carries solo = win.

I kill the dragon every time it's up, which helps the whole team and feeds those carries just that much more.

I provide stun to let those carries gank their lanes, which feeds them even further still.

I provide attack speed for turret drops and group fights.

I disable the enemy's main DPS in a group fight with my ult.

I can chase and snare the wounded for my team to finish them off.

I keep the enemy from getting jungle buffs, and generally leave wards in my wake all over their side of the map for intel.

These are not glamorous tasks, they do not make my stats all shiny and pretty with huge kill/death rates.

I suicide alot... but my team gets 3 kills or an ace because of it.

I may be a bit underleveled mid game, but we have an extra carry 3 levels above the enemy teams in trade.

I may "waste lot of time beating on the dragon", enjoy the gold and exp, you got it too.

Warwick wins games.

He just does not get credit for it, because everything he does makes the others on his team shine that much brighter, which is how he wins games...

unentschieden

12-29-2009

There is some "Flavour of the Month" in here too IŽd say. Champs like Fiddlesticks and Nasus never became bad, they just seem to be less popular (aka OP) right now.

GnomeChomsky

12-29-2009

I've already seen these listed... but the top three in my opinion are (in no order):

Twisted Fate
Twitch
Corki

Twitch/Corki are the best carries it seems... even with your team trying hard to counter them they can get out of control. They are much harder to counter than Yi or Trynd because they don't rely on getting up close and personal and they have ranged AE damage with their ultimates for team fights.

TF's map control is what puts him over the top... combined with a solid AE/harassment move and a good stun.

Cresh

12-29-2009

Best:
Twisted Fate
Corki
Malph

Worst:
Ashe
Heimer
Karthus