[Guide] Sivir, The Battle Mistress

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonkeyBalls

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
Haha. I don't think Sivir going solo mid is really a great idea. She supports others so well, so you want at least 1 other person at your level or higher. having a level 11 Sivir, and everyone else level 9 will hurt your ability to crush.
Hmmm...I think pushing mid with a level 11-12 and 4 level 8-9 works. Maybe it is too soft? What do people think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocky Snacks View Post
Except Sivir farms well enough to the point where even if she had to share a lane she'd outlevel the enemy team eventually anyway.
No, she won't outlevel anyone. She will outgold her opponents though, but at the cost of starving her lane partner.

Pocky Snacks

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls
Hmmm...I think pushing mid with a level 11-12 and 4 level 8-9 works. Maybe it is too soft? What do people think?
Pushing mid with that setup doesn't hurt. It's a good idea if it can be pulled off.

Quote:
No, she won't outlevel anyone. She will outgold her opponents though, but at the cost of starving her lane partner.
Your partner's doing something wrong if you can starve him or her of gold in early and mid-game. Realistically, at level 11 you'll have 5 points in Boomerang Blade, 2 in On the Hunt, 1 in Spell Shield, and 3 in Ricochet; not nearly enough to starve your laning partner of the gold they need. If your laning partner sucks to the point where you did starve them, then the gold is obviously going to the right person because you'll be offering the rest of the team (who presumably does not suck) superior support.

Either way, the point is to force the other team into changing their tactics. Whatever lane you're in, if the enemy tower is suffering, the enemy needs to either react or lose their tower. If they send reinforcements from other lanes, that's a team advantage so long as they don't shut down the activities going on in your lane (a la gank).

numbernine

02-27-2010

spell shield also is really good against teemo's shrooms so if you know where they are approx / you have a ward then just pop shield on and run on it and its gone

tehmonk

02-28-2010

imo philo stone is unnecessary given her ability to kill every last creep in a wave. more prudent to get her a chalice early so she can keep ricochet up for harass/farming and the occasional crossblade. also promote/rally is ok, but again unnecessary given her ability to run down a tower without any outside assistance. my recommendation is for exhaust teleport for mobility and to be more effective at chasing/ganking. otherwise, i agree completely with your reasoning for skill build and other items. i'd also like to add that bloodthirster or when necessary, a warmog's (in very rare situations when your team lacks a tank and survivability), since she can fill them up with little effort.

my 2c. good guide.

Swift Ghost

03-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Singe
  • Throw - From Lollerman: "same dilema as Alistar"
I jsut tested it. On NUMEROUS occasions I FULLY blocked the fling. =] He got reli annoyed

Mokoton

05-13-2010

Hi guys...
Sorry but i can't find this rune Greater Mark of Haste....

obsidiankatana

06-26-2010

Summoner skill - Promote? What?

LyraOrpheo

06-26-2010

Promote was an old summoner spell that was removed. Look at the guide's date, it's relatively old >_>

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2010

N
I
C
E

G
R
A
V
E
D
I
G
G
I
N
G

No really, nice.

xAvenged

08-13-2010

What are greater marks of haste?