[Guide] Sivir, The Battle Mistress

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elydaor

11-29-2009

I do fairly well with Sivir as she is right now.

P Stone
Ber Boots
Malady
Green Fist Razor
I Edge or Last Whisper( If a tank heavy team)
Frozen Mallet or Banshee( If a magic heavy team)

Once decked out I have yet to meet a champ i couldn't solo

I only have two complaints about Sivir

1) Ricochet blades hitting a hero way behind tower and tower slams on me

2) Spell Shield is less than 50% working chances. I have been grabbed by Blitz with the shield still up after being pulled in. I have been Ice Arrowed with the shield still up after it hits me. I've also been held and ult'd by Ryze all with the shield still up and doing nothing.

Blugyblug

12-04-2009

Brilliant guide.
The BF sword and recurve bow are one of the best items for sivir.
Generally I go Meki Pendant→Chalice
Then Dagger+boots of speed→Beserkers greaves. (get dagger first if you can only afford one)
Now it comes to either BF sword or Recurve bow. Recurve bow helps more with pushing against minons/towers because of better attack speed but use BF sword if you harass alot.

sirjj

12-19-2009

While your bored you can go here i need more friends for more bucks. Free stuff
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Sirjj9050

Ralos

12-25-2009

Guys,
Firstly, thanks for an excellent set of guides and instructions, as a team Sivir is a very useful tool for boosting tower crushing expeditions while still packing a punch. Sorry to kind of thread mine, but since the patch I wasnt sure if anyone has ammended the spell sheild blocks, as far as i can tell it has an increased range of things blocked to inc. ashes ult, lots of vie stuns and hits inc. meteor. I find it is one of the most useful things in team fights, if the opposition has an ashe, be sure to single her out if she is to one side and attempt to get between any other ranged hero (or anyone else behind you) and be ready over E to block her ult.

Just my 2c.
Thanks again for the help/tips. Much appriciated, keep up the good posts all, cya on the battlefield.

Ralos

IS16f17fc15f132f5564d66

01-14-2010

Great guide!!! Your tips helped me a lot to play better and die less!! I have read many oppinions that gave me hell of a lot ideas to try out!!

One thing I like to use is get spell shield near the beginning of the game (just one lvl of it) so you can block an incomming attack and gain that 150Mana boost it gives... I usually keep just enough mana in erly game to throw a shield when the opponent tries to rush me... Not only does it disrupt the effect and nullify the damage, it also gives me enough Mana to hurl a Spiral Blade and begin a counter-attack! If you are kinda low on health, many opponents overlook that ability and even with low HP, they get cocky and go for the kill... I got more than enough early kills thanx to Spell Shield that made me love that skill!!

The only complaint I have about playing Sivir is that, since she's a great team player, when there's teamwork, Sivir works wonders... But many players start depending on Sivir to win the game for them and then the teamwork fails... A very clear example is my last game, in which I took mid alone and had my team push as hard as they can on the sides... Naturaly, I attracted more than one enemy heroes in mid (yeah, spell shield worked wonders!!) and the rest started pushing the sides... But when I first got killed, my team started packing in mid to get the kills and died one after the other, being ganked by enemies that where already there... I urged them to go back to their lanes and that worked for a while longer (I already got Phil, Infinity and Stark's by that time) when the enemies started to push the bottom line... To cut the long story short, I came down from mid and chopped them to piecies... With every enemy dead, we pushed mid and when the enemies respawned, instead of my team pushing forth and do some damage (like before) they all pulled back, had me ganked by the enemies and then they droped my teammates one by one... Enemies pushed mid and got our inhibitor (note that the side towers where still up, exept the first lower one which they pushed earlier -enemies had no towers in lanes-) and when I respawned, had the enemies driven back... I fooled around in creeps to get the last 200 gold I needed to get my second Infinity and then push again when my team did a Surrender vote which was 4 Yes to 1 No (I was the 1 of course)... Seriously, Not just for Sivir but in general, ASK before you Surrender... It wouldn't have bothered me if we did lose the game but that kind of loss just pissed me off... (Sorry for my rumbling, prolly off topic too but I'm still a little pissed atm! :P )

Anyway, cheers!!

~Niph

Slide

01-14-2010

Hey folks,

I saw this guide on the front page and figured id throw some current information in here as the guide is REALLY old.

Item build, the most common and accepted item build for Sivir right now is:

Start with Meki Pendant and 2 Health Pots

Chalice->Boots (your choice but zerkers are generally what you want)->Starks.

At this poinst builds vary but the most effective build for a team buffing Sivir (what shes best at and where she brings the most effectiveness to your team) is:

Aegies->Bloodthirster->Last Whisper

Chalice should be gotten by level 4, Boots and Starks by 11.

Skill build is:

1: Boomerang Blade
2: SpellShield
3: Boomerang Blade
4: Ricochet
5: Boomerang Blade
6: Ult
7: Boomerang Blade
8: Ricochet
9: Boomerang Blade
10-18: Ricochet, then Spellshield. Ult whenever possible.

There are quite a few Sivir threads going over the why of it so I skipped that, but this is currently the "cookie cutter" Sivir build and it is amazing.

Sivirs true power is in her ability to whipe creep waves and buff her teamates. With this build you can often win games with a competant team in less then 20 minutes when you are around 11-14 with a 5 man push down a lane right to the inhib all due to your Ult, starks and you rally.

Most of my games end right before I complete aegis or right after. You push at 11 when you complete starks. If your team doesnt get the inhib, you go back and buy aegies, group up again, and go for it again with another aura. Never underestimate the power sharing an aura with your entire team bings. It is most likely the most powerful tactic in this game.

Cheers!
Quickslide

DonkeyBalls

01-15-2010

Are you joining solo normal games?

Good luck finding players who understand why Sivir should always have mid. Good luck finding players who realize she kills creeps better than Ashe. Good luck getting a team who understands that you will gold-starve anyone you lane with. Good luck finding players who understand that the reason you want to her to get to a high level quickly is not because you will kill a lot of enemy champs. Good luck trying to get everyone together to push mid when you say, "I have Starks + On the Hunt x2, everyone mid!"

People would rather max out their Viegar ability or run around wasting time killing enemies instead of just win the game. It's rediculous. Bitter? YES! xD

Grovel

01-15-2010

Haha Donkeyballs,

Kind of my feeling about playing Sivir. I'm a support guy at heart, but I'm a new player and would just get frustrated trying to convince people to let me have mid and then lose the game because they're all feeding Top/Bottom.

Pocky Snacks

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post

Good luck finding players who understand why Sivir should always have mid. Good luck finding players who realize she kills creeps better than Ashe. Good luck getting a team who understands that you will gold-starve anyone you lane with. Good luck finding players who understand that the reason you want to her to get to a high level quickly is not because you will kill a lot of enemy champs. Good luck trying to get everyone together to push mid when you say, "I have Starks + On the Hunt x2, everyone mid!"

People would rather max out their Viegar ability or run around wasting time killing enemies instead of just win the game. It's rediculous. Bitter? YES! xD
Except Sivir farms well enough to the point where even if she had to share a lane she'd outlevel the enemy team eventually anyway. Just let your "primary" carry do what he wants to do and support him in his efforts of wiping out the enemy team if he's any good at it. Pulling the strings from behind the scenes is what makes Sivir THE Battle Mistress.

MBirk

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post

Haha. I don't think Sivir going solo mid is really a great idea. She supports others so well, so you want at least 1 other person at your level or higher. having a level 11 Sivir, and everyone else level 9 will hurt your ability to crush.

But yeah, I had a game yesterday, we were sitting at the other teams door, I had starks/rally/etc of course. Actually 230 damage with bloodthrister too. And the team would not just push. I burned on the hunt TWICE, once as we got there, expecting them to not stand there outside of turret range like fools, and as we left. We had a rammus and a poppy too. I was facepalming, begging them to engage. haha. They would just repeatedly stall at towers, not pushing at all. Seriously, we were at their entrance for 70seconds that one time, and did zero damage to the tower. Ridiculous. Others they would get ADD and go off farming randomly. When we were winning mind you.