[Guide] Sivir, The Battle Mistress

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gunritsu

10-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srcsm View Post
Originally Posted by criptix
i'm not 100% sure, but i think sivirs shield blocks parley from gankplank too

No.
I'm sorry. I think the last patch made Parley "Magic Damage". I can now fully absorb it. Which is awesome!

Cyths

10-10-2009

I have to say, I've been trying Sivir for a bit and she is the queen of winning games. I've been winning games where all my teammates (including me) have under 10 kills apiece by endgame and the opposing team's kills are all in the 20's. I just won a game where the opposing team was all lvl 18's and aside from my Sivir, my team was lvl 14-15. It's all about keeping the pressure on.

I've been prioritizing Ricochet, and my secondary depends who I'm laning against. Spell Shield if it's a caster, otherwise Spiral Blade.

Items I've been successful with:
Philosopher's Stone -> Berserker's Greaves -> Bloodthirster -> Stark's Fervor -> Warmog's Armor -> 2nd Bloodthirster

by then the game should be over, otherwise replace the philospher's stone with another defensive item

Dectilon

10-13-2009

I've been playing AP Sivir recently. Since the blade's damage scales quite well to AP and the range is so great you can safely harass, after just a few levels and items clear an entire lane of minions with a single throw and later on actually hurt enemies really badly. I combine that with cleanse and flash to be able to do some otherwise risky stuff relatively safely.

I go almost completely for AP: AP boots, Zhonya's Ring ('s the name, right) Abyssal Scepter etc. If the going gets rough I get a Banshee's Veil too. It may seem overkill, but that extra spell shield means I can continue to take relative risks safely. I can usually get away even if I'm surprised by like three other players lying in wait.

I tried the bouncing blade build, and it's really good for taking down minions, but the Spiral Blade is almost as good and that can also do considerable damage to enemy heroes without you having to get too close to them. It's of course possible I've just been doing it wrong.

AngryWombat

10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dectilon View Post
I've been playing AP Sivir recently..
I love AP Sivir also, seems like that build is underplayed. You can still push towers, get some early kills, and contribute to team fights. But I love getting kills out of the jungle with spiral blade, so much fun.

AI Assimilator

10-13-2009

AP sivir will do exceptionally well in early to mid game. However even if your spiral blade is doing 1k-1.2k damage to champs (when hitting twice) in mid-late game a crit based sivir will do more when her ult is up every few seconds to non tanks champs and not only 1 champ but possibly 2-3. Yes it does mean getting closer and taking larger risks.

Basically even without AP spiral does some amazing damage if you use it correctly, thus you can use it for early game harassment/farming quite nicely and slowly build items that make richot exceptional and then at some point use richot as the main damage dealer.

Highborne

10-13-2009

I must agree with AI Assimilator.

Going for a more Attack Speed + Damage + Lifesteal build is much stronger in team play and pushing towers, and almost as quick for creep killing.

Plus without an real escape mechanism, sometimes Sivir needs to be able to survive and using higher damage with lifesteal can hold a person for enough time for help to arrive.

mortgar

10-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
From what I've seen all weapon specials (i.e. life steal, slow, Madred's, etc.) only affect the regular attack. It seems like the additional attacks from Ricochet are treated more like an ability than an attack.
1 really interesting thing here: It seems like the additional attacks from Ricochet are treated more like an ability than an attack.
i agree with this entirely, as when 100% dodge was still possible, i was hitting jax on the second hit, but not on the first. I have tested this, and it WORKS. the fact that u deal 25% less dmg isnt that bad, as it has 100% chance to hit. what i wonder though: does magic resist stop its dmg? or does armor do that for you. all in all, its a wonderfull skill and u rly wana exploit it to the fullest.

ps: LOVE ur guide, it made my sivir skills to what it is today (not much though ;D )
Edit: i think the blades even hit when ur blinded. im not sure though, i will test this later today.

Veissdrachen

11-13-2009

Quick Note: Spellshield WILL block the first hit of an AoE ability, which can be enough time to let you escape mostly unscathed.

If you see Gangplank's Cannon circle, Anivia's blizzard circle, or Nasus's AoE, don't be afraid to throw up Spellshield as you start running, it could be enough to make a turnabout and gank them.

Praxi

11-28-2009

I have noticed also that while I'm blinded the blade ricochets are still hitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortgar View Post
1 really interesting thing here: It seems like the additional attacks from Ricochet are treated more like an ability than an attack.
i agree with this entirely, as when 100% dodge was still possible, i was hitting jax on the second hit, but not on the first. I have tested this, and it WORKS. the fact that u deal 25% less dmg isnt that bad, as it has 100% chance to hit. what i wonder though: does magic resist stop its dmg? or does armor do that for you. all in all, its a wonderfull skill and u rly wana exploit it to the fullest.

ps: LOVE ur guide, it made my sivir skills to what it is today (not much though ;D )
Edit: i think the blades even hit when ur blinded. im not sure though, i will test this later today.

Praxi

11-28-2009

Just wanted to comment, because I have been using this guide. I'm a mediocre player, so had to adjust a little bit. Here's what worked for me.

1. ITEMS:

Philosophers Stone
Harmony Chalice
Boots
Mandred's Razer?(the big one, think I got the right name)
Infinity Edge