[Guide] Sivir, The Battle Mistress

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qadrak

09-15-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNadir View Post
So maybe I'm a big noob here (no maybe about it), but why not spec some nice mana regen and go heavy on spiral blade for creep army farming?

I've been playing Sivir heavily recently, and Spiral Blade is the first thing I max, because I can cast it quickly and run and still take out an entire creep army (or nearly so) from beginning/mid game on. It also works well as a champion harrassment tool. The only issue I have to worry about is mana regeneration. By level 6-8 or so I'm usually set on that.

So why bother with the multiple richochets when I can oneshot with Spiral Blade? Assuming I'm savvy enough to keep my manapool in check, of course.

Just my 2 cents on this debate-

I've played a lot of Sivir so far, easily my favorite hero. She WINS games, simply put, with or without killing the enemy team.

Of the two abilities, I find Ricochet to have the most viability in fulfilling the goals of Forshadowed's guide here. If you are trying to win more than anything, then Ricochet will quickly be a lane destroying tool, and without having to spend money on mana regen, much past the philosophers stone, which you can get early game anyways. I mean, in all honesty, a meki pendant provides more than enough regen to keep you at full mana as long as you're not expending much more than what is necessary to kill each successive wave of creeps.

But that's just my thoughts on that. Spiraling Blade is still a fantastic ability, and can cause rage quitting if used properly lol.

"Ryzenoob221: whew, almost had me
Qadrak: heh *spiraling blade range abuse out of the jungle*
Ryzenoob221: What the hell? gtfo"

*Ryzenoob221 has left*

The key to playing Sivir, imho, is having bigger balls than anyone else on the battlefield. Once you have your damage item, be it Frozen Maul, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, etc, all you really have to do to dismantle the enemy team, sometimes without them even noticing, is stand and attack. Sure, the case can be made that running around to maximize on Sivir's passive can be made, but when you're moving you're not attacking, and if that's how you play, then forget Ricochet altogether. I have on multiple occasions gotten double and triple kills, simply by standing, and delivering my massive damage in team battles. Often, the flow of the battle moves right past me, and it just makes me laugh, because I tend to think of Sivir as LoL's version of DotA's Gorgon. A passive presence that no one notices, until she is so ungodly farmed beyond everyone else, that she can tear the other team's defenses to pieces in mere seconds.

So easy to abuse, it makes me giddy

Cady

09-22-2009

Hey, i wonder if anyone of you ever tryed to use the item Sheen on Sivir.

It says "every time you use an ability, your next physical attack deal 100% extra base damage". Does Ricochet count as "ability use" each time you attack?

Hope you understand what i mean. :-)

AI Assimilator

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cady View Post
Hey, i wonder if anyone of you ever tryed to use the item Sheen on Sivir.

It says "every time you use an ability, your next physical attack deal 100% extra base damage". Does Ricochet count as "ability use" each time you attack?

Hope you understand what i mean. :-)
tested it a week ago, didnt work with ricochet at all.

Shillen

09-22-2009

For the record spiral blade got heavily nerfed a couple patches ago so I'm not sure if it's worth maxing it first anymore.

boogie

09-23-2009

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but i found it to be pretty funny in game. Take flash as one of your summoner spells, throw your boomerang through an opponent after it travels back through them flash behind them again and BAM you got 3 hits with your lil battarang

Amazing MuhKuh

10-04-2009

Spell shield seems not to affect the movement speed loss of Malphites shard. Blocks the damage, though.

Anyone can confirm this?

criptix

10-04-2009

i'm not 100% sure, but i think sivirs shield blocks parley from gankplank too

Wildstorm

10-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing MuhKuh View Post
Spell shield seems not to affect the movement speed loss of Malphites shard. Blocks the damage, though.

Anyone can confirm this?
maybe malphite had rylai's?

Gunritsu

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie View Post
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this but i found it to be pretty funny in game. Take flash as one of your summoner spells, throw your boomerang through an opponent after it travels back through them flash behind them again and BAM you got 3 hits with your lil battarang
See 6th reply of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing MuhKuh View Post

Anyone can confirm this?
Spell Shield does cancel the damage & the movement loss of his shard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by criptix View Post
i'm not 100% sure, but i think sivirs shield blocks parley from gankplank too
No.

AI Assimilator

10-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
For the record spiral blade got heavily nerfed a couple patches ago so I'm not sure if it's worth maxing it first anymore.
Its base damage is still quite impressive for early game, so taking it just for early game harassment+creeping is worth it.