[Guide] Sivir, The Battle Mistress

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Awesome

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNadir View Post
I know for a fact that it doesn't save you from timekeepr bombs, whether you're targetted or just nearby. I think the comment about AE spells is right. It has to be direct target spells.
To stop Timekeeper's bombs, you have to put the shield up before the bomb's on you--by the time you see the bomb, you've technically already been "hit" by the spell--just not damaged yet. Same applies to Karthus's ultimate.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Awesome View Post
To stop Timekeeper's bombs, you have to put the shield up before the bomb's on you--by the time you see the bomb, you've technically already been "hit" by the spell--just not damaged yet. Same applies to Karthus's ultimate.
I don't believe it stops the damage from the bomb, though. I'm pretty sure it just eats the shield and does nothing. I know for a fact it doesn't work for Karthus's ult, though. It eats the charge and does damage. I had this happen earlier, and I got out with 17 HP XD

Doctor Awesome

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
I don't believe it stops the damage from the bomb, though. I'm pretty sure it just eats the shield and does nothing. I know for a fact it doesn't work for Karthus's ult, though. It eats the charge and does damage. I had this happen earlier, and I got out with 17 HP XD
Yeah, that's the intended effect--you cast shield, Zil casts bomb, shield disappears, bomb never happens.

As for Karthus's ult... I guess it really is foolproof. I guess I'm equal parts relieved and terrified

Lollerman

08-10-2009

I'm under the impression that it simply doesn't work on ults.

All the "single target" stuff works; tried it on all the bots, and it blocks Nunu's ice bolts/Yi's alpha strike/Ryze's root/Soraka's... erm... yeah she never does anything.

I know it blocks Annie's fireball and Veigar's Q, I would imagine that it blocks Kas's Q (the silence ball).

Let's improve this guide, here's a list of attacks I believe spell shield works against (that hasn't already been mentioned):

Zilean:
- Time Warp

Warwick:
- Hungering Strike

Alistar:
- Headbutt (I doubt this, but it's a single target spell, you may not take damage from it, but you'll probably still get knocked back? As the skill is called spell shield, I had mind that it didn't work on "physical" stuff, but technically all skills are "spells", and if alpha strike works, then this could work too. Worth testing)

Fiddlesticks:
- Terrify
- Dark Wind (if selected first)
- Fearmonger

Kayle:
- Reckoning

Ryze:
- That thunder thingy, Q was it?
- Rune Prison (as mentioned, however, I can't be sure if Ryze doesn't cast prison on you because you have spell shield, and there's no way to test this with bots (you can't see a rune being cast; if you can see it, you've been hit) so I should probably test this out even more... worth testing too)

Singe:
- Throw (same dilema as Alistar)

Teemo:
- his Q poison dart nuke thingy

Jax:
- Leap Strike (a la Singe/Ali's problem, although, it'll most likely only nullify damage; Jax will still jump up to you, which makes the shield essentially useless anyway, sort of.)

Sion:
- Cryptic Gaze

Evelynn:
- Ravage
- Shadow Walk and Hate Spike: worth noting is that Shadow Walk's attack (which procs a stun) may count as a skill, and Hate Spike doesn't work like a conventional AoE, so shield may work here too. More importantly, however, is how impractical it is to use a 8 second spell shield against Evelynn as a whole... (Still worth testing IMO: especially considering the potential behind being able to stop stun)

Twitch:
- Poison/Expunge: they either both work, or nothing works. Really worth testing.

Amumu:
- Bandage Toss (another "nullify damage, but don't know if it stops attack entirely" dilema... would be amazing if it cancels the bandage entirely.)

Looks like we've got homework to do.

Edit: I keep leaving out Anivia and Rammus because they're not on the "feature" page... but spell shield wouldn't have anything on Rammus, and any of Annivia's cookie cutter point-and-click single target spells should be blocked.

Vukasa

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
From what I've seen all weapon specials (i.e. life steal, slow, Madred's, etc.) only affect the regular attack. It seems like the additional attacks from Ricochet are treated more like an ability than an attack.
Sorry i worded my question to vaguely. I didnt mean will a ricochet proc madred razor. I know already that it wont. I meant if you have 120 dmg, hit a creep and the 500+ dmg procs for a total of 620 on creep 1, will the next hit land for 620-(620*.23)? and continue on hitting like that.

Strange Fluids

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukasa View Post
Sorry i worded my question to vaguely. I didnt mean will a ricochet proc madred razor. I know already that it wont. I meant if you have 120 dmg, hit a creep and the 500+ dmg procs for a total of 620 on creep 1, will the next hit land for 620-(620*.23)? and continue on hitting like that.
Pretty sure weapon effects are calculated separately. I've never tried it with Madred's but other effects will not carry over so I'm assuming damage done will be 120 - (120 * 0.23). If I remember correctly, this is how criticals work as well, though I could be mistaken on that...

Vukasa

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Pretty sure weapon effects are calculated separately. I've never tried it with Madred's but other effects will not carry over so I'm assuming damage done will be 120 - (120 * 0.23). If I remember correctly, this is how criticals work as well, though I could be mistaken on that...
I see... I do know that madreds stacks over your standard atks and that you can crit off it for massive dmg but if it just uses base damage in the calculations then it would by pass all of that. I may test it, just to be sure.

ZSabre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-10-2009

I can confirm that madred's does NOT carry over to ricochet. It is still my primary item because it will pretty much kill 1 creep while harassing the others with your damage that you would've done if you didn't get the +500 damage from madred's proc.

Strange Fluids

08-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukasa View Post
I see... I do know that madreds stacks over your standard atks and that you can crit off it for massive dmg but if it just uses base damage in the calculations then it would by pass all of that. I may test it, just to be sure.
Just finished testing and Madred's does not jump from creep to creep with Ricochet, I've also confirmed that criticals are main attack only.

Delta

08-11-2009

Quote:
This is the only skill Sivir has that is affected by Ability Power. So, ignore AP completely when choosing items as it will not help you in the least. Spiral Blade is great for added pressure on heroes in a lane but should be used sparingly! Blowing 80 to 140 mana on a Spiral Blade should not be something anyone does lightly as it will severely gimp your staying power - the single most important consideration for our hero: the longer she's in her lane the better she'll farm.
I slightly disagree with this, there is no one way to play sivir. Someone focusing on AP can still maintain the lane pushing power of sivir (in fact perhaps even more power) plus your blade will hit for some where around 600-700 damage (ability boots/2x lucky picks/soulstealer/brilliance potion).

1234567 ... 9