Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

About the lock-in button...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a4mad

12-24-2010

NOTE- this is for normal, not ranked.

I believe that the lock-in button is completely pointless, and should be removed. Why you ask me? well go play a normal game, and watch the insta locked carry/nuke/squishy scream at you to tank. yes i understand that normal games are for fun, but winning is part of having fun, and 4 ranged carrys, or 4 glass cannon melle all lock in screaming at you to be a tank/jungle/nuke/support 95% of the time doesnt lead to fun, it leads to them raging at you for not tanking/ganking/saving there dumb asses enough. Remove this Anti-fun button.i also notice that insta locks suck hard, never help the team, and try to 1v5 the entire enemy team because they think they are the most pro **** for having karate kennen skin. Thank you, and Happy Holidays!

EIometer

Recruiter

12-24-2010

lol@people throwing around the word anti-fun b/c of zileas' thread

The purpose of the button is so people don't have to wait 1 minute while everyone is ready, but there's always 1 person that doesn't press it anyways, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Charcoales

12-24-2010

lock is pretty pointless, those 60 secs should be talking about who to pick etc. Hell 60 secs isn't anywhere close enough time to switch champs/runes/masteries before it runs out in solo queue

Paero

12-24-2010

Reply with

"Normally I would tank but since you instalocked dps, you are probally noob and therefore I will not tank"

then pick revive fortify eve and lock in while calling jungle

DeadXera

12-24-2010

I agree with this somewhat. I think Lock-In should be delayed by 20 seconds at least, so some discussion can be made beforehand.

Analu

12-24-2010

You should be able to switch after you've "locked in". And then, if everyone on both teams has locked in, the game can start like it would have.