Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Merry Christmas from a GameStop employee. Also, free LoL stuff.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chained Icarus

12-14-2013

Quote:
!-UPDATE 12/21 12:00 AM-

GIVEAWAY IS OVER. MODS, YOU CAN CLOSE THIS SUCKER DOWN NOW

WINNERS, CONTACT ME IN GAME. I'VE TRIED TO ADD YOU ALL.

First winner: BastionKross.

Second winner: Darth Melkor

Third winner: Draguole (of the flowing locks)

Fourth Winner: Samuel L Jaxx

Note: A few people messaged me via PvP.net asking if they could be entered without publicly sharing their summoner names. I agreed, because I respect privacy. I assigned them random numbers at the end of the posts for such, and we had a few such winners.

Winners Five and Six respectively will have their names with-held for those reasons.

Winners 7 and 8 were people who explicitly said they did not want the RP, so I specifically chose to give it to people I knew were having a rough year. I'll also leave their names out of it for their sake.

Winner Nine: Caeleus

Winner Ten: By proxy of another post, Jumbobeans.

Winner Eleven: OkamiSoul

Winner Twelve (chosen early): KpsWorld

And finally, Winner Thirteen was... Riot Morgageddon. Now, I SEVERELY DOUBT Riot Morgageddon needs the RP. So I had to ask myself, what would Riot Morgageddon want?

Well, I have NO IDEA what Riot Morgageddon would want because I'm not able to read minds. So instead, I'll take the $10 RP card they woulda won and give it to someone I meet in game who seems to be having a rough day. Because I can.

Thank you all for the holiday cheer and I hope you all had a blast! See you next month for my Birthday!

I'll be drawing more throughout the night (so technically, you can still enter).

Please, a VERY SPECIAL THANKS to DreamNing for supplying OVER $120 in RP cards (12 cards) for this. He deserves big thanks!

Quote:
-UPDATE 12/19 7:07 PM-

Let's start this off a little early. Message me in-game (doesn't have to be during a match, I'm just idling in PvP chat right now) and guess my favorite LoL youtuber. After about 20 minutes or so, I'll pick from the people who guessed right and toss one of the codes I already had your way.

Congratulations to InFamousCaTz. S/he's the winner of the little YouTuber contest thingy. My favorite YouTuber, BTW, is VideogameDunkey. Or just Dunkey. Or Dunkman9000.

It's almost that time of year again where my soul gets more crushed in retail than normal. In my quest to be treated as less than human so that families can express how much they tolerate one another with trivial presents, I've decided to share a bit of the holiday bah humbugs with you guys.

So Last year I...

Quote:
FaI1en:
tl;dr
ppl on this site really need to add a summary at the bottom of their essays for lazy ppl like me

...Okay, let me finish first.

Last year I divided up $100 worth of giftcards to select individuals because I'm a masochist and I hate fun. This year I have a woman who insists that she loves me, so I have spent a tad more than I probably should have on her random desires ($25 for a color-changing hippie dragon mount on WoW. Sheesh). So this year, I can't go a Benjamin deep on making your holiday a bit more Legendary (ha!). I can, however, hook up a lucky someone with some RP. Maybe get yourself a Yasuo in time to take out that airborne Santa chucklehead. Or spend it all on ward skins. I'm not your mom, I can't tell you what to do.

How much RP we talking here? Well, it really depends on what my next paycheck looks like. Which happens to be this coming Friday. Unrelated, that's when I'll be giving out the RP.

So it'll either be a single $10, two $10's, or a lucky 25. There's no rhyme or reason behind which, it'll just happen.

By now you're like "So, how do I make your money be my money?"

Simple. No videos to watch, no posts to like, no tumblr fanfics to shift through. Just reply here in this thread with the following:

Something nice. That's it. Post something kind and uplifting to your fellow summoners. Wish 'em a happy holiday. Tell a funny (preferably nice and clean) story. Post a funny (again, preferably nice and clean) picture. Profess your love for the Riot staff. Compliment the 8th poster down on his/her hair. Whatever.

Just a little positive energy during a time where it's so easy to be selfish.

Again, I'll randomly pick however many winners I decide on this coming Friday, and I'll contact 'em in-game to pass along the RP codes.

Minor disclaimer: The cards I buy only work for the NA server that I'm aware of, so... yeah.

Bonus: If a Riot staffer happens to post in this thread, I'll run another giveaway on my Birthday (Januray 25th). Probably a bigger one. Why this bonus? Because I like the Riot staffers. They're good people and they've been to my bar of choice (Battle n Brew). A happy holidays from one of 'em would make my holidays.

Quote:
Riot Morgageddon:
Morgageddon pops in.

I will dare to say something...

Merry Christmas!

And somewhere down the line...

Happy Birthday!

And I will even go as far as to say...

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

Well snap. Bonus 1 unlocked. And within the hour of me posting it, too. Guess ya'll are getting presents on my birthday.

Bonus 2: There was originally no Bonus 2, but since Bonus 1 actually happened so fast... I'll push my luck. If you see me in a game (not just on PvP.net but in an actual game with me), and can quote my favorite LoL youtuber (not saying who it is), I'll (eventually) hook you up with a $10 RP card. The catch? You can only quote one. I'll only take the first quote. Oh, and if you rage at any point in the match, you don't get the RP card.

Happy Holidays, my fellow summoners.

TL;DR:

Post nice things in this thread, have chance to win RP next Friday. Cool? Cool.

Addedd note:

Some people have mentioned my "stories" from before. To avoid confusion, they can be found here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3388454

!!--New Stories available here: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=43877561 --!!
You asked for it, so... There ya go. Merry friggin' Christmas.

I haven't posted any in awhile, but I have a whole book-worth of them, and I will quite possibly post more soon if you would all really enjoy them. As we get closer to Christmas, they only get better.

Tournament

12-14-2013

So i just have 2 post 2 enter?

Chained Icarus

12-14-2013

Quote:
L2 BigBird:
So i just have 2 post 2 enter?

And now you're entered. Man, that was hard work. Perhaps you should grab a Coke and refresh?

--Not endorsed by the Coca-Cola Bottling Co.--

Pro Anïvïa

12-14-2013

RICK.jpg

Tournament

12-14-2013

Quote:
Chained Icarus:
And now you're entered. Man, that was hard work. Perhaps you should grab a Coke and refresh?

--Not endorsed by the Coca-Cola Bottling Co.--

Hahaha made me laugh man and thanks for the entry i hope i win! Merry christmas!

Vanblod

12-14-2013

I love your stories Chained, I got a job at a comic book store around July but lost it due to company restructuring (small businesses can suck sometimes). Still, I'm happy for the amount of awesome nerd **** I learned while I was there. Merry Cristmahannaquanzakah everyone!

YossarianSensei

12-14-2013

Hallo good luck on holidays don't get too drunk? O-o

Draguole

Recruiter

12-14-2013

Happy holidays to you too fellow summoner

Fuzen kuden

12-14-2013

Happy holidays and to all a good potato

"lets face it life is short why spend what little time we have makeing others short time bad when you can spend it makeing them smile and laugh"

Fuzen kuden~

Chained Icarus

12-14-2013

Quote:
Pro Anïvïa:

Quite.

woah.jpg