How do I play Ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The White Plague

12-30-2013

I feel like I do no damage, especially after playing champions like Vayne.

Ur little sister

12-30-2013

Blue Ezreal is real Ezreal. Hit the Q's.

The Government

12-30-2013

Yep, you just gotta practice landing those skillshots. Vayne AFAIK isn't a skillshot champion, which would explain why you might not be used to it.

Are you having build problems or just play problems?

The White Plague

12-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Government View Post
Yep, you just gotta practice landing those skillshots. Vayne AFAIK isn't a skillshot champion, which would explain why you might not be used to it.

Are you having build problems or just play problems?
I can land the Q's, it just feels like it takes years to kill anyone lategame.

When you play Vayne you can kill a lategame Nasus in like 10 seconds max.

When you play Ez it takes like 4 years.

Rylar D

12-30-2013

You do less single target damage but you have an attack speed buff for allies, an attack speed buff for yourself, and a significant AoE damage ult who's cooldown is lowered by landing Q's.

The trick is entirely in landing Q and building momentum off of that. Try not to hard engage the enemy lane without a fully stacked passive - or keep your passive stacked to ensure that when a hard engage does come you're ready. Until then poke and kite.

Subfuscy

12-30-2013

Tear -> Triforce -> boots of choice -> BT -> LW -> IE -> finish Manamune. If being focused, swap BT or Manamune for GA. Hit Q's and kite.

Cha Cha San

12-30-2013

Ezreal isn't suppose to be have massive damage. Ezreal is a siege adc who is meant to poke the enemies down and kite them.

EUW ForumAcc

12-30-2013

You don't because he was overnerfed after a huge FotM starting with the release of his ultimate skin.

If you "absolutely" must - BT, Triforce, Last whisper, IE in that order. If your comp is exceptional at stalling, you might try AP Ezreal, but he's in a pretty bad shape as well because he needs tons of items to be really good - Tear, Lichbane, Rabadons, Void staff, Tear -> Archangel, Frozen Gauntlet.

And before some smartass comments on it: Lichbane overrides the Frozen Gauntlet procc on the primary target, which causes you to not only deal Lichbane damage on the primary target AND the slow and damage on the area but also to convert the ranged slow field to the melee slow field, which is bigger. If you don't believe it, try it out yourself.

Rock298

12-30-2013

Here's what you do with Ezreal

Right before the fight/as the fight breaks out, you ult. This deals AoE damage, and usually can get your passive to about 4-5 stacks.

Now, you just AA while using Q, W, and E in-between to keep up the stacks.

You want to use your Qs the same way you AA; target the closest safe champ. Seeing as you have extended range on your Q, you can choose your target a little more liberally than your AAs.

W; aim it at your most AA reliant teammate. It's not for direct damage late game, it's for indirect damage (you AS buff a teammate, and they do damage that way).

E; just use this when you need to reposition in a fight.

I can't guarantee you'll do a lot of damage this way, but at least you'll be doing more damage than if you're just pulling off a EQW combo and seeing how much of the enemy's hp bar melts.

Maximum KayIe

12-30-2013

If you just walk up to vayne, q her, and start autoing, she is going to kill you. Actually pretty much anyone in the game is.
Ezreal is all about poking and kiting people. Aa, step, Q, step, Aa, etc. In teamfights he's decent because his w gives a nice AS buff (I usually don't even take a level in it until right after laning), his AOE damage ult that is the same ult that almost every adc besides vayne has, and his e is unreal with regard to positioning and cd time when combined with a barrage of q's. Best in crazy annoying siege comps with champions like lux and nidalee.

It's definitely a trade-off damage-wide as you are almost never going to Crit. Autoattacking as Ezreal is not really that ideal with the long range and short cd of your q. You aren't going to do as much damage as much ADC's but you make up for it in poke and utility.

Also someone said to build manamune. Please do not waste nearly 2 dorans blades' worth of gold on a tear of the goddess to do this; it is a relic of days past when blue ezreal was stronger and Tforce was weaker. You are really aiming to win in the mid-game with ezreal, and if you have a 6 item build, one of them should be G.A. Other than that, here is the recommended build order.
Start DB and health pot.
First back boots and DB.
First full item will be Tforce (for tons of damage) or BT (for sustain and also lots of damage.) Whichever you don't get, you will get next.
For Tforce start Phage, then Sheen.
Like every ADC, your third item is last whisper. Get greaves around this time.
After this I'll take a brutalizer to build into BC because i dig the cdr and shred.
Last item will be GA, BotRK if they stacked a lot of hp/you need more peel, or BT if you want retarded sustain.
GL HF DOBT SELLS YOR BOOT!