Are You Stuck In 'Elo Hell'? (This Will Help!)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Some Korean

12-29-2012

I started playing League of Legends a little before Nocturne came out. I decided (4 months ago) that I was done with the game and quit. Recently, however, I've found a relative that plays it as well, so I've been playing for the past couple of days.

I used to rage and ask myself why I kept losing games, as my KDR was almost always decent (if not awesome) as a carry and as long as I could tank efficiently as well as support. Heck, I even noticed I could keep up with players around 2k elo. SO WHY WAS I STUCK?

With a fresh mind, I now understand. I knew raging at my teammates wouldn't help before, but I didn't know what else to do at that point. Now I understand. You have to realize playing LoL is like being in an army: When your team makes a decision, you go with them. Unless one person is just trolling or something, just act like a squad and prepare. I've realized that SKILL DOES NOT MATTER AS MUCH AS COOPERATION, and that COOPERATING WITH YOUR TEAM PARTIALLY DETERMINES YOUR SKILLS, as it is a team game. Call me stupid, go ahead...but check this out first:
If you analyze well you should be able to realize that having skills in-game is set in many categories.

Hope I helped, as it helped me. Who knows, posts like this may change season 3's endings....there are people out there who just need to direct a few more key elements into the game (it's scary yet true). My time is almost up: Soon I have to worry about college and actually get some more real hobbies (tbh? Come on...), so no pros for me

Infernal Tiger

12-29-2012

stop talking about elo hell people it dosnt exist

Some Korean

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Tiger View Post
stop talking about elo hell people it dosnt exist
That's kind of what I said. Besides, the system isn't perfect. It would only work with certain patterns. You cannot judge players on a system and suspect it to be perfect. Read my statement first, my title points something out.

SweeneyTodd69

12-29-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...=sweeneytodd69

You might find some of that information relevant to your post here. It is a game of people and hence if you have poor people skillz and poor game mechanics your elo will fall into "ELO Hell" aka Low ELO

tidalxwave

12-30-2012

Elo hell does exist because if you take an objective assessment of personalities across all elo ranges, there is a big difference.

Lower elo players are younger by age, thus more immature. They tend to whine and rage if things don't go their way in champ selection screen. They yell in games when anything goes wrong.

Higher elo players choose their games wisely and prepare for them. In the event that the game doesn't work out as intended, they try to find solutions.

Example: Low elo players will stick to their pre-set build order. Even if the team needs armor, they still go with AD. Older players will be more mature about it and recognize that they need to adjust to the game.

Biggest difference is age. Age with determination will generally determine your floor and ceiling.

tidalxwave

12-30-2012

There are many players in low elo but 95% of all the top players are older than the mean age of ranked players. Top players are in their early 20's (few exceptions below). Low elo = teens.

Salopette

12-31-2012

ELO hell = I TAKE MID OR I FED. Then they take a pre made champ mid no matter what and counter themselves.

Some Korean

01-03-2013

Makes sense.