Regarding kog'maws lategame

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fluffeh

12-23-2010

After finding great success playing kog'maw by rushing madreds then frost hammer i often find myself at a loss of what to buy beyond that point. usally i end up buying malady/wits end/blood thirster, i have not ended a game negative with kogmaw yet but i still feel like im lacking in the damage that other altegaem carrys(liek tristana) have and im not qutie sure what to buy..

Pigmeo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

Get ap so your ult and the rest of your skills hti harder as well xD.

Or some attack speed, dps kog strenght comes from his w skill combined with bloodrazor, with more attackspeed and ap youll increase the amounts of shot you can get in before the skill fades and the % it takes away

Redenbacher

12-23-2010

Also, Magic Penetration. Sorc Shoes and Haunting Guise after Madred's Bloodrazor is typically core for me. This ensures that your 10% per shot is hitting as hard as possible. Late game, enemies will tend to have higher resistances, and this will counter that fairly effectively.

Instead of Bloodthirster, you may want to go for Infinity Edge instead, if you are in fact going for AD. The extra crits will help your damage scale nicely through the game. You could then top it off with Phantom Dancer for even more crits, and attack speed for W.

Otherwise, items such as Nashor's Tooth, and even Zhonya's are great picks after your Frozen Mallet (or Banshee's Veil, or Randuin's Omen). You'd be surprised how much an extra 2-3% per hit can do when you're packing 50 MPen. The CDR on Nashor's is exceptionally nice as your W will be up as often as possible, and the mana regeneration helps with R spam.

I don't recommend Malady because it takes too many hits to stack up the debuff, and while it may be nice for some champions, you want the flat penetration for your R, Q, and E as well.