What the hell is wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Giga Kirei

12-28-2009

Hi everyone I wanted to ask a quick question about my "Favorite" Heroes Fiddlesticks and Sivir. Im playing this game now like 2-3 Day and i just dont understand how it comes that other players who got the same equipment do 3x the damage i do?
Is that normal or am i just not good enough with my heroes?

Thanks for the help

hz0ijXGF8qeI0CRT

12-28-2009

Never played Sivir so I can't say.. But I'm experiencing the same troubles with Fiddlesticks.. mind you I probably haven't played him for 100 matches or so, but whenever I ulted in I felt like I wasn't doing any damage.

So I turned to other characters, and decided I'd revisit them when my skill has improved..

Kragorn

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevanX View Post
Hi everyone I wanted to ask a quick question about my "Favorite" Heroes Fiddlesticks and Sivir. Im playing this game now like 2-3 Day and i just dont understand how it comes that other players who got the same equipment do 3x the damage i do?
Is that normal or am i just not good enough with my heroes?

Thanks for the help
What do you mean? Do you mean that there's another Fiddle/Sivir on the other team killing you? Or is it other champions? How do you know they are doing 3x more damage? I assume it's because you are dying quickly.

One thing I would note is the levels of you versus your opponents. If you end up underleveled due to a poor early game, you might be level 9 and your opponent is level 11. Sivir could be even higher. It makes a huge difference.

coty

12-28-2009

It is not terribly balanced when you have not been playing too long and you face opponents with full rune pages and more points in their masteries.

A level 30 player (and lower level players to a lesser degree) will do way more dmg to you, take way less, or have way faster cooldowns and better mana regen because of masteries - not to mention runes).

Don't expect to take down enemy players as fast as other ppl who play your same champs just yet. Just focus on staying alive and working with your team, and with more levels you will catch up.

Amphiprison

12-28-2009

When a Fiddlesticks or Sivir wipes the floor with you, LOOK AT THEIR ITEMS. You can learn rune builds and mastery builds from forum guides, but the items you buy in the game matter more than either. Chances are, they're getting AP (for Fiddle) or +damage (for Sivir) items that you might not be investing in. Some of the more expensive ones are harder to earn as a starting player, since the temptation is to just buy the cheapest items possible to get an early advantage. But try one game where you just suck it up and save for a BF Sword as Sivir or an Abyssal Scepter as Fiddle and see what a difference it makes!

Krosan

12-28-2009

Masteries and runes don't matter as much as you seem to think, though they're nice. Really, the biggest change on summoner levelup is getting more new spells, because the higher-level spells (especially Flash!) are pretty nice. The others are just a small edge. Besides, I believe the matchmaking system takes level into account and tries, if possible, to avoid matching low-level summoners with high-level summoner games.

Looking at your item builds now...

Yeah, you don't go for much magic pen with Fiddle. AP is the only way Crowstorm really scales well for single-target damage, and it's decent for Drain and Crowstorm, but really, the Rod of Ages is all you need. I'd pass up the Tomes and go for a void staff, abyssal rod, something like that. I see a couple weird bits, like... stark's fervor? Zeal? Phage? Trying out new builds, I'm sure, but pass that **** up. You have no business autoattacking anything unless you have a meat wall in front of you and your skills are on CD, and that money could have been spent on AP or magic penetration. Rod of Ages and its health boost is good for Fiddlesticks, but you really only need enough to stay alive; Banshee's Veil, I see you've bought a few times, is also an acceptable choice. Look into other magic penetration items, though. If you're not doing much damage, someone's probably stacked magic resist on you, and penetration will do a lot more for you than AP will in that case.

When you warp through the jungle wall into a teamfight with Crowstorm, that should be the end of it. Either they scatter, focusfire you, or die; since Crowstorm doesn't require channeling once it goes off, you're free to Terrify, Dark Wind, and start Draining, which should help your survivability.

Here's another Fiddletip: your neutral monster kills stats are pathetic. Fiddlesticks is a tremendously efficient jungler. Whenever I have a moment, I'll slip into one of the weaker creep spawns and drop a Dark Wind. One dark wind at ability level 4 or 5 will usually wipe out wolves, wraiths, or regular golems with one shot, and that's free XP and gold for Fiddlesticks. If you have the time, it's pathetically easy to use Drain to solo lizard, golem, or (if it works on the dragon, I think it does) you can solo dragon. Learn when you can do it; missing a teamfight to kill a creep will get you yelled at, but sneaking around the jungle eating creeps for breakfast will keep the enemy team on their toes, because nobody's going to know when Fiddlesticks is going to blast out of the jungle with Crowstorm and instagib the squishies.

Fiddle is also pretty good if he's ambushed, since he has Terrify and Dark Wind to disable his attackers. If you have enough AP and magic pen going around, you can also sometimes just eat your would-be ambusher; people sometimes underestimate the DPS on Drain.

Vermifax

12-28-2009

How did you see his item build?

Mr Spatula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermifax View Post
How did you see his item build?
I think he's referring to hitting TAB during the game, showing k/d/a + items.

Krosan

12-28-2009

Actually, I loaded up the client and did a lookup on the OP's name. Shows you their masteries and stuff, as well as their recent games; I just scrolled through some of those and noticed games where he'd bought things like stark's fervor on Fiddlesticks.

But for ingame purposes, yeah, you can also bring up the ingame menu and look someone up that way. If you REALLY want to, you can look them up in the client after the game and check out their summoner page.