Raplesyrup's guide to Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raplesyrup1

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbins View Post
I have 30 Armor Pen from runes so I focus on increasing damage.
Imagine a champion with 2k health (pretty common, i think?).
this is how madreds work:
3% of 2k = 60. 60x2 = +120dmg (this is with your clone).
Add 35dmg and you get 155 additional damage. Thats more than 2 Bloodthirsters.
I gues it helps more than just killing Baron, doesnt it?
Wrong. First problem is that Bloodthirster is anywhere between 60 and 100 damage, so two bloodthirsters is anywhere between 120 and 200 damage. Second problem is that you factored in the increase in clone damage when calculating for Bloodrazor, but not for Bloodthirster. Third problem is that you did not factor in crits. My crits do 300% normal (50% runes 50% IE) damage, so that extra 100 from a bloodthirster would translate into 300 every crit. The 3% from Madreds, however, does not crit. With deceive, that extra crit damage shoots up like 130%, making it an extra 400 damage. Then factor in Backstab, and you're looking at much more damage coming from one Bloodthirster than from Madred's.

Raplesyrup1

01-07-2010

I've generally stopped picking up the PD and instead take a black cleaver or last whisper after IE.

T0ggle

01-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebags View Post
I guess this guide is meant for people who have never played with/as/against shaco before because I learned absolutely nothing from this guide. This is exactly how every non-AP shaco plays.
I don't want to be mean, but really I agree with you.
The only difference is that this has a little detail in it, and looks like it has a professional layout. unlike other guides i've read were stuff is all over the place with little detail and childish words.

Engarde

Adjudicator

01-07-2010

It may be worth noting, that rather than a philosophers stone, you could go for a catalyst. Fills the same role, in bursts when you level up as opposed to per / 5. I personaly never buy philosophers stones, I always get a catalyst instead, I just find it much more effective. Plus, it builds into a banshee veil later in the game, so that might stop that one stun or silence hitting you and getting you killed.

Blodhren

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engarde View Post
It may be worth noting, that rather than a philosophers stone, you could go for a catalyst. Fills the same role, in bursts when you level up as opposed to per / 5. I personaly never buy philosophers stones, I always get a catalyst instead, I just find it much more effective. Plus, it builds into a banshee veil later in the game, so that might stop that one stun or silence hitting you and getting you killed.
Interesting idea. ^^