Raplesyrup's guide to Shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raplesyrup1

12-27-2009

1.) Abilities

Deceive
Shaco instantly stealths for 4 seconds, and teleports to target nearby location. If he attacks while stealthed, the attack is guaranteed to crit for a bonus 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130% damage.

Jack in the Box

Shaco creates a Jack in the Box at the target location. It will Stealth after 2 seconds, and pop out when an enemy comes near, fearing nearby enemies for 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 seconds attacking them. It deals 25 (+0.35 per ability power) damage, and lasts 90 seconds while stealthed or 5 seconds while firing.

Two-Poison Shiv
Passive: While Two-Shiv Poison is ready to cast: Shaco's attacks poison his target, reducing their movement speed and chance to hit by 20 / 22.5 / 25 / 27.5 / 30% for 2 seconds.
Active: Deals half weapon damage +40 / 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 (+1 per ability power) Damage to target enemy, and poisons them for 3 seconds.

Hallucinate
Shaco creates an illusion of himself nearby, which deals 75% damage and receives 200 / 165 / 130%. On Death, the illusion deals 300 / 450 / 600 (+1 per ability power) magic damage to nearby enemies. Lasts up to 30 seconds.

2) How to level your abilities

1. JITB
2. Deceive
3. Two Shiv Poison
6. Hallucinate

Then: Two Shiv Poison > Deceive > JITB > Hallucinate

Here's why... JITB at 1 so you can do golem at the beginning if youre able to. Deceive at 2 because its a great escape mechanism, and Hallucinate at 6 because its good for escaping and towers. Other than that, TSP takes precedence because its great for harassing enemy champions, and deceive, because crits are good.

3) How to play

Early Game: Last hit creeps, throw daggers at enemy champions, gank if possible, dont die.

Mid Game: Still last hitting creeps, throw daggers at enemy champions until they are weak enough to get ganked. Still not dying. Set up ganks on people.
How to gank them mid game: When they are weakened from your dagger throwing, Deceive to them, hit them, apply summoner spell to them, throw dagger at them.

Late Game: This is generally when nobody goes anywhere alone. Your job in teamfights is to kill the carries, and kill anyone who tries to run away. When a teamfight is initiated, hallucinate, toss a JITB in the middle of it, and then kill the carry.
If nothing interesting is happening, push some tower, as it is very hard for the opposing team to set up a gank on you.

Items:
Meki Pendant + 2 health pots (375 or something)
Meki -> Philosophers stone (720)
Sheen
Boots (I use swiftness or mercury personally, but use whichever you like)
Pickaxe (975) / BF Sword (1850) / Cloak of Agility (880) in any particular order
All of that --> Infinity edge (375)
Zeal (1195)
Cloak of Agility (880)
Dagger thing (420)
All of that into Phantom Dancer (900)
----------
Now comes whatever you feel suits the situation
I recommend
Black Cleaver / Bloodthirster / Last Whisper / Trinity Force

Sheen's effect ups the damage of Two Shiv Poison (I think)

Summoner Spells
:

Teleport
Ignite/Exhaust

Mastery

9/0/21 or 21/0/9 (I use 9/0/21)

Runes:
Red - Crit damage
Yellow - Crit damage
Blue - CD reduc

Tips

Running Away: If you use deceive to run away, deceive sideways or diagonally or behind the enemy champion. not just straight in the direction you were going. Most people don't expect you to deceive towards their base, so you can get into the woods and recall. Drop a JITB before you recall. If they still are close when you are about to come out of stealth, drop a JITB and keep running.

Checking Baron: Be above Baron and drop a JITB into the baron place.

Killing Neutral Creeps: Drop a JITB, hallucinate, kill.

Oracle's Elixir: People don't usually pick this up just for Shaco, since hes not a full stealth character like Eve or Twitch, but if they do, it makes it harder to run away. Take note of this.

Lane Partners: People who don't suck are nice. People with harassing shots are nice. People with stuns are nice. People who suck are not nice.

Solo Laning: Avoid it. If youre stuck with it, level JITB more and pray that the other solo laner is not good.

Anyways, i wrote this at 3:30 am without actually having LoL open, so if there's anything wrong with it, say so.
Leave feedback.
Some credit to whoever it was i copypasted the abilities thing from.

Joebags

12-28-2009

I guess this guide is meant for people who have never played with/as/against shaco before because I learned absolutely nothing from this guide. This is exactly how every non-AP shaco plays.

Raplesyrup1

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebags View Post
I guess this guide is meant for people who have never played with/as/against shaco before because I learned absolutely nothing from this guide. This is exactly how every non-AP shaco plays.
That's generally who guides are meant for, yes. Plus, everyone plays it a little differently.

sheepsheep

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebags View Post
This is exactly how every non-AP shaco plays.
So I guess the intended effect was achieved?

MrFreddy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

Yup, it's solid. I use Flash/Teleport for my ablities, since Teleport is invaluable for setting up a Jitb nest(if you're not getting the golem), keep your level high, and backdooring. Flash because it essentially ensures you can wander around with almost no chance of a successful gank being launched upon you.

Couple other differences that I use is often I get Boots of Speed then Sheen, since the speed can be quite helpful early-mid if you aren't making much cash. Another interesting item for a tankish heavy team is a Last Whisper right before the IE, helps a lot with tanks and towers, and reduces the need for a PD later. Also, after the IE I often pick up a Bloodthirster before Phantom(especially if I bought a Last Whisper since the attack speed won't be needed as much), because then I can solo creep waves while gaining health. If the game lasted that long, I often need to work on backdooring/pushing, thus the need to be able to solo creep waves without losing health. Zeal>Bloodthirster works too.

I also tend to level Decieve first, which relies on ganks more than laning. Mostly just depends on your playing style.

robbins

12-29-2009

Build:

Madred's Razors (start with armor + health pots)
Vampiric Scepter (you can hit the jungle and start ganking now)
Berserker Greaves (even with a lot of CC you can still get away with deceive so no need for mercurys)
Malady
Infinity Edge (get BF sword first)
Finish Madred's Bloodrazor and go solo baron.
Get warmogs or banshees if you are having problem surviving.
The Bloodthirster
The Black Cleaver

No need for meki pendant or philo stone as you will get the golem buff + you will have lifesteal anyway.

Note that Madreds Bloodrazor and Malady proc from your clone as well. So these items are basically made for shaco and should be in every shaco build.

I use cleanse + ignite as my summoner spells.

Runes:
Armor penetration in red and quints, HP per level in yellows, mana regen per level in blue.
Critical damage runes would be a great choice as well. I have armor penetration because it works for all physical carries.

Raplesyrup1

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFreddy View Post
Yup, it's solid. I use Flash/Teleport for my ablities, since Teleport is invaluable for setting up a Jitb nest(if you're not getting the golem), keep your level high, and backdooring. Flash because it essentially ensures you can wander around with almost no chance of a successful gank being launched upon you.

Couple other differences that I use is often I get Boots of Speed then Sheen, since the speed can be quite helpful early-mid if you aren't making much cash. Another interesting item for a tankish heavy team is a Last Whisper right before the IE, helps a lot with tanks and towers, and reduces the need for a PD later. Also, after the IE I often pick up a Bloodthirster before Phantom(especially if I bought a Last Whisper since the attack speed won't be needed as much), because then I can solo creep waves while gaining health. If the game lasted that long, I often need to work on backdooring/pushing, thus the need to be able to solo creep waves without losing health. Zeal>Bloodthirster works too.

I also tend to level Decieve first, which relies on ganks more than laning. Mostly just depends on your playing style.
I agree, Teleport is a great ability no matter what champ is used. Flash i think is overkill, and in the way you are using it, as a gank escape, I feel like cleanse would be better. Also, I usually get the boots and the sheen at the same time. I definitely pick up the Last Whisper if there is a tank heavy team, otherwise the Black CLeaver usually serves enough armor pen for me. Definitely will try the Bloodthirster though.

Raplesyrup1

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbins View Post
Build:

Madred's Razors (start with armor + health pots)
Vampiric Scepter (you can hit the jungle and start ganking now)
Berserker Greaves (even with a lot of CC you can still get away with deceive so no need for mercurys)
Malady
Infinity Edge (get BF sword first)
Finish Madred's Bloodrazor and go solo baron.
Get warmogs or banshees if you are having problem surviving.
The Bloodthirster
The Black Cleaver

No need for meki pendant or philo stone as you will get the golem buff + you will have lifesteal anyway.

Note that Madreds Bloodrazor and Malady proc from your clone as well. So these items are basically made for shaco and should be in every shaco build.

I use cleanse + ignite as my summoner spells.

Runes:
Armor penetration in red and quints, HP per level in yellows, mana regen per level in blue.
Critical damage runes would be a great choice as well. I have armor penetration because it works for all physical carries.
Interesting Jungle build, although everything in the jungle is easy for Shaco to kill after level 6 so i find that the only thing this build provides is the ability to kill Baron later on. However, I would rather gank their team early on in the game instead of be able to solo baron. I do know that the Madred's Bloodrazor and Malady proc from the clone, but they do not necessarily need to be in every shaco build. Madred's bloodrazor only really helps with baron and high health champions. However, high health champions most likely also have armor, and therefore the Last Whisper is better and cheaper.

MrFreddy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raplesyrup1 View Post
I agree, Teleport is a great ability no matter what champ is used. Flash i think is overkill, and in the way you are using it, as a gank escape, I feel like cleanse would be better. Also, I usually get the boots and the sheen at the same time. I definitely pick up the Last Whisper if there is a tank heavy team, otherwise the Black CLeaver usually serves enough armor pen for me. Definitely will try the Bloodthirster though.
Aya, Cleanse would be similar for how I generally use it, I just feel that since you can also use it for chasing/going through walls Flash has more uses. Also allows you to Deceive into anywhere without having to worry about the cd on Deceive to escape. Plus I'm just partial to being able to insta-Tele for some reason =P

robbins

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raplesyrup1 View Post
Interesting Jungle build, although everything in the jungle is easy for Shaco to kill after level 6 so i find that the only thing this build provides is the ability to kill Baron later on.
If you leave a lane after level 6 all this means is that you left your teammate with 2 equally leveled enemies that will harass a lot. The point of jungling is to have 2 solo lanes and gain more xp. If you dont jungle from first levels might as well not jungle at all. This build is all about ganking, killing early on once you get golemn + lizard.

Quote:
Madred's bloodrazor only really helps with baron and high health champions. However, high health champions most likely also have armor, and therefore the Last Whisper is better and cheaper.
I have 30 Armor Pen from runes so I focus on increasing damage.
Imagine a champion with 2k health (pretty common, i think?).
this is how madreds work:
3% of 2k = 60. 60x2 = +120dmg (this is with your clone).
Add 35dmg and you get 155 additional damage. Thats more than 2 Bloodthirsters.
I gues it helps more than just killing Baron, doesnt it?