Teemo teemo teemo!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

twentytwo

12-27-2009

Hello everyone who reads this thread.

I am fairly new to this game and was wondering if you all could help me with the champion, Teemo. I've been using him lately and like him, but not sure how to use him at his best.

Also, I'm not too familiar with what the metagame is right now and what runes are currently being used, but I'd sure like to find out soon. Could someone tell me the most effective build for Teemo for this meta? I read about some AP and DPS builds, but those posts were dated back in october/september. If there is someone out there who is a Teemo user, please post

Thanks so much.

aanallein

12-27-2009

i like ability power teemo more than dps. I used to play dps teemo mostly but have switched and I think ap offers more burst damage and stronger team play.

I like getting a philosophers stone and 2 lucky picks to begin with then sorcerer boots and abyssal scepter. then i get liche bane and upgrade a lucky pick to a deathfire grasp. hitting people with deathfire, ignite, and blind and then an auto attack is pretty much enough to bring anybody down. if not, they can run on a mushroom and die that way

eventually i get a rylai scepter and then the zhonya's ring.

i think the best runes would be:
blue runes: ability cooldown per level
yellow runes: dodge
red runes: magic penetration
quintescences: either hp, magic pen, or +1 gold per 10 (i try for a gold advantage)

twentytwo

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanallein View Post
i like ability power teemo more than dps. I used to play dps teemo mostly but have switched and I think ap offers more burst damage and stronger team play.

I like getting a philosophers stone and 2 lucky picks to begin with then sorcerer boots and abyssal scepter. then i get liche bane and upgrade a lucky pick to a deathfire grasp. hitting people with deathfire, ignite, and blind and then an auto attack is pretty much enough to bring anybody down. if not, they can run on a mushroom and die that way

eventually i get a rylai scepter and then the zhonya's ring.

i think the best runes would be:
blue runes: ability cooldown per level
yellow runes: dodge
red runes: magic penetration
quintescences: either hp, magic pen, or +1 gold per 10 (i try for a gold advantage)
yeah i've been playing dps because i like speed and damage, but i want to give ap a try as well. what item to do start with normally? could you make me a guide? and how is your record with that teemo build

Dartkun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2009

Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo MUSHROOM MUSHROOM Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo MUSHROOM MUSHROOM Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo BLINDDDDDD BLINDDDDDDD

I mean, for runes. I always went CD reduction for shrooms and mp5 for blindshot abuse.

Build is

Meki Pendant -> Chalice
Boots -> One of the defensive boots
Soulstealer
Rylai's
Lichbane
Zhonya's

keftes

Recruiter

12-28-2009

AP teemo fails in comparison to physical since the recent nerfs.

twentytwo

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartkun View Post
Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo MUSHROOM MUSHROOM Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo MUSHROOM MUSHROOM Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo Teemo BLINDDDDDD BLINDDDDDDD

I mean, for runes. I always went CD reduction for shrooms and mp5 for blindshot abuse.

Build is

Meki Pendant -> Chalice
Boots -> One of the defensive boots
Soulstealer
Rylai's
Lichbane
Zhonya's
sorry this might sound mad noob but what is mp5. is that mana regen?
and should i get cd per level? and mana regen per level?

and which for the color runes (red/blue/yellow)
ex. red- mana regen
blue - cd reduction
etc.

twentytwo

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
AP teemo fails in comparison to physical since the recent nerfs.
do you play teemo?
if so, what would you consider to be a good dps build for this meta?
i dont like it when people just say stuff like that without posting anything "beneficial". no offense.

keftes

Recruiter

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentytwo View Post
do you play teemo?
if so, what would you consider to be a good dps build for this meta?
i dont like it when people just say stuff like that without posting anything "beneficial". no offense.
AP teemo's burst is laughable compared to a physical build. What more do you want to know?

When a yi drops on you as AP you're dead. As physical you can take him to 20% before blind fades.

As AP you will drop a mushroom / blind and attempt to kite him. Yi will then cleanse the mushroom and port on you disabling your run speed. You're then left with autoshoting him for nothing while waiting for your over time (lol) poison to kill him. Your blind should be ready in 4 sec again but by then you will be dead.

P.S: There's no guide for all games - Take a look at your opponents/team and figure out how you're going to play. Generally :
1) Vamp
2) Boots
3) Malady
4) Zeal
5) BF
6) Ph.Dancer + Cleaver

A phage-to-mallet or a veil isnt bad also in between depending on the setup.

aanallein

12-28-2009

you're suggesting you play an ap/dps teemo the same way. obviously a caster character against the strongest melee in the game is going to get destroyed if you go head to head. you play an ap teemo completely differently then you play a dps teemo. it is harder to play but you can get incredibly good scores. you just have to know what you are doing. when people are hitting shrooms for 1k dmg in team battles rather than 650 dmg and you can hit blind shots for 1k and deathfire for 50% of a heroes hp, that is more conducive to team play. a dps teemo is ok but you will get focused hard and you have to stay in the fight longer than an ap teemo has to and so that makes you vulnerable.

i've had to completely change my playstyle but i carry my team in 4 of 5 games.

procpl

12-28-2009

all i do is stack attack dmg,attack speed, crit strike chance.