Hero Lineup

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jedo

12-28-2009

I've recently started playing more premade normal games with some friends and I was wondering if any of you would like to share your opinions on synergic heroes that me and my friends could try out as a lineup when playing. ^^

Suggestions and their respective reasons are welcome!

thanks in advance

Shatterlight

12-28-2009

I was doing some premades a few nights ago, and I really liked playing Zilean. I was able to bring our physical carries back to life if they went to far, and speedboost them out of fights (or so they could catch their prey). I'd imagine he works well with any carries, but we were rocking with Twitch and Katarina.

He also has strong harassing power earlygame, making you peoples favorite lanemate, AND he gives an additional 8% experience to your entire team (except yourself, I believe). This gives your guys an advantage on pushing the enemy out of the lane. You should have a 40% lead on the enemy by level 6 if you havn't left the lane, meaning the team can pop out ultimates quickly and pull off some ganks.

I know it really isn't what you asked for, but I just feel he is a great support hero who works well with most teams.

Also, don't forget Blitzcrank has an instantkill skillshot you can use to initiate teamfights. Great way to turn a 5v5 into a 4v5 before the battle even begins.

Judah the Lion

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khimaera View Post
I was doing some premades a few nights ago, and I really liked playing Zilean. I was able to bring our physical carries back to life if they went to far, and speedboost them out of fights (or so they could catch their prey). I'd imagine he works well with any carries, but we were rocking with Twitch and Katarina.

He also has strong harassing power earlygame, making you peoples favorite lanemate, AND he gives an additional 8% experience to your entire team (except yourself, I believe). This gives your guys an advantage on pushing the enemy out of the lane. You should have a 40% lead on the enemy by level 6 if you havn't left the lane, meaning the team can pop out ultimates quickly and pull off some ganks.

I know it really isn't what you asked for, but I just feel he is a great support hero who works well with most teams.

Also, don't forget Blitzcrank has an instantkill skillshot you can use to initiate teamfights. Great way to turn a 5v5 into a 4v5 before the battle even begins.
You do get the buff yourself.

Shatterlight

12-28-2009

Oh ya? Great to know, wondered because it doesn't show up on the buff bar.

Basilisk9466

12-28-2009

Plan your lanes. Regardless of how good a lineup is lategame, if they can't synergise properly in the laning stage, you won't get to the lategame. For example, a lane of two tanks against anyone even slightly good at harassing will be murdered.

Always try to have at least one ranged in each lane - some melees can sub in due to abilities (Nunu with iceblast spam and consume, Yi due to alpha strike, Kayle due to temporary ranged ability), but in general you'll just get harassed too badly with no real counter.

After that, consider your CC. Morgana and Ryze in the same lane will be hell to escape from with two snares, but maybe just one combined with some DPS would be better? Frees up the other to help out in another lane, and doesn't rely so much on mana-hungry burst. Don't forget that anyone can take Exhaust for CC.

Get a decent split of magic and damage. Anything else runs into the problem of easy MR/armour stacking, and runs into other issues; a caster heavy team will do horrible things in a team battle, but if you don't wipe them out instantly, you're in for a lot of pain while your CDs go down. A full DPS team risks losing people to nukes without being able to respond in kind.

The team I run alongside a lot varies a bit, but Twitch/Yi/Nunu/Tristana/Eve isn't unusual. Two slows (I don't count rocket jump), a stun, a nice blend of casters and damage, and a couple of assassins to make the enemy jumpy. Main weakness is lack of a true tank, but Nunu can sub in if well supported.