Playing Environment is black / blank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bailon

08-09-2009

Running a Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX 512mb, not overclocked. Core 2 duo, 2 gigs on a vista 64 bit system.

When I load a game everything is fine graphically until I move my cursor to move the screen image (IE walk to a new point, or scroll over to view something) once I do that the game goes black / blank. Objects like the store or a turret still draw and all champions and creeps draw, but effects, and the actual ground / environment do not. I can not see what I cast nor can I actually see where to walk etc etc.

I have tried every vid card driver from 1.56 on thru to 1.9038 or whatever is current, along with 2 beta drivers. No change. Also tried to go backward to DX 9.0C but was unable to get it to work. Am using DX 10 at the moment.

Changing in game video options does nothing, from reso to low-high settings to shadows and windowed mode, nada =/

Any other ideas for me to try?

Thanks.

edited to say the card is a PNY if that matters to anyone.

Bailon

08-09-2009

Hot Update:

Found a Beta driver that has allowed me to play the game on all low settings with shadows off and actually see the game. Don't know how / why, but it is at least something.

Elijah

Adjudicator

08-09-2009

I get a similar problem, I've tried installing the latest drivers for my graphics drivers to no avail.
Except I'm running this on a computer that can barely handle the game on DX9

Ajere

08-10-2009

I was having the same exact problem with my Evga GeForce 8800gts 320mb on vista 32 bit. Downloading the latest 190.38 drivers from Nvidia fixed it for me, but it looks like you already did that. I was advised to avoid 64 bit OS because they have a lot of compatability issues a lot of things aren't able to keep up with them.