Search Engine - Access Denied? Why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrLucid72

12-22-2010

why

Lucid Dreaming

12-22-2010

Implementing search is very hard despite the fact that it's a default feature of vBulletin

In the meantime: site:leagueoflegends.com [keywords]

MrLucid72

12-22-2010

I don't understand how it is hard if it's a built-in feature, that I am aware of as well. In fact, search used to work great! Unless you were being sarcastic =P

Bump for dev response?

PROTECT MY BALLS

12-22-2010

Been like that since Season 1 came about, Devs know about it but aren't saying anything. Let's hope one of the 'unexpected' changes of 2011 is proper forum features.

Riffraffselbow

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linidar View Post
I don't understand how it is hard if it's a built-in feature, that I am aware of as well. In fact, search used to work great! Unless you were being sarcastic =P

Bump for dev response?
See attached.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
vbulletin is NOT made for the number of concurrent users/posts we have. We've already had to make significant modifications just to keep it online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
In order to return search to the forums, we're actually going to be writing something based on an existing vbulletin addon that complete revamps the vbulletin search system
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=127868

Unfortunately we can't use the existing addon - because it's not compatible with our version of vbulletin, and porting over all of our scale mods would be a massive undertaking
Tamat says it will be back by the end of the month, though I don't know how the Summoners Code fog will affect that push.