Make ARAM Map & Modifications

Yes. 61 72.62%
No. 23 27.38%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

A.R.A.M. (All Random All Middle) Why not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperChoob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2010

I personally dislike ARAM because certain champions are just close to worthless while others completely broken.

Vantwan

12-22-2010

I never knew that Riot balanced their champions around Twisted Treeline.

wait a second..

Radish

12-22-2010

i'd rather have riot working on whatever they should be working on than this

pengo

12-31-2010

There are some simple ways this could be accomplished with minimal effort and I certainly hope the dev team decides to put a small amount of time into the ARAM mode. ARAM is the ONLY sub-gametype for LoL out there, and it already has standardized rules and a big following. There are always ARAM custom games running, sometimes up to about 10 filling up at the same time. I'd imagine this amounts to several hundred people playing ARAM at most times, possibly even reaching 1000+ players during peak hours.

The easiest way to create an ARAM map would be to just disable the creeps from spawning in top and bottom lanes, and remove the jungle creeps. I take it this would be fairly easy and would be HUGELY appreciated by the ARAM community as this would solve most of the issues with the few people who try to cheat or don't know the rules. However, if more work wanted to be put into it...

Some thoughts on ways to create it:
#1 All random, with a ban round that allows players to remove some choices from the random selection. This allows the community to balance its own games while the dev team can just make the ARAM map once and let us play. We're smart, we'll figure out if a new hero is OP and they'll get banned.

#2 MAP: Just one lane. Perhaps put walls just a few steps out of the mid lane so people can't go in the bushes even by accident. The mentioned practice map is a great option. This is the main way people purposefully (or unknowingly for foreign language speakers) ruin ARAM games--farming top or bottom lane. Also, having waves of creeps from top or bottom is arguably not fair and whether or not to defend your top/bot inhibitor is something of a gray area.

#3 Remove the items that are banned by the standard aram rules from the buy screen. everyone agrees on these: guardian angel and items that receive stacks like mejai's, leviathan, sword of the occult are always banned. Warmogs armor/bloodthirster/similar items are always okay.

#4 Disable fortify. Usually this is not an issue, but if a team were to cheat and all pick fortify, there would be basically no way they could lose.

#5 I'm not sure if it is feasible to make it impossible to walk back or to "b", or if this would require too much work by the devs. Honestly I'd just be happy with a map without top and bottom lane creeps. However, this would be a nice feature.

Here are the standard ARAM rules for reference. 99% of players agree on these
-mid lane only
-no going in the bush or jungle
-no snowball items (mejai's, leviathan, etc)
-no guardian angel
-no returning to the fountain ever (via "b" OR walking back)
-no fortify
-buy only after dying

suiciding on a tower is okay (and is a great strategy to deny gold and get to go back and buy).

Xalemus

12-31-2010

Add a few more Towers on the original Tutorial map, and it will be all random all mid, as there will be no jungles, bushes, or sidelanes.

AnyOtherEnemy

12-31-2010

because it's not a good game. the game is almost always a roflstomp of one team over the other based on who has the best poke/push/heal team composition. there really isn't a "game" to it. it's a crapshoot. if you like gambling try playing cards.

pengo

01-01-2011

not at all true. it does happen, but then again stomps happen in matchmaking too when teams don't work well together.

I've had some great aram games and there is a reason a lot of people play the game type. allowing players a ban round would also help balance the game (blitzcrank would get taken out etc).

Ricardo L H

01-01-2011

Quote:
A.R.A.M. (All Random All Middle) Why not?
Oh! finally I understand what does ARAM stands for...

JunSupport

01-01-2011

Wrong.

Simply state: ARAM is a place for chaotic fun. Balancing will not be done for this map.
That'd be all that's necessary for your point to become null and void.