Uh is there anything wrong with my Jax Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AutomobileX

12-22-2010

Skill wise I get alternate between my q w e skills, and get ult whenever I can.
With q and e in priority and w last, since it uses a bit too much mana at the beginning.
Item wise I start with a vampire septre (or something boots) and then get my ninja tabi, then rageblade, then frozen mallet, then upgrade septre to bloodthirster if I'm doing well, otherwise I get atma's impaler.
Is there anything wrong with my build? Are there any situational items? ;$
Thanks!

Harbin

12-22-2010

I'd like to say 'rush wriggle's lantern'.

This has been a 'contribute to carries trying to farm items while being harassed' post.

Ignore your E. One level in it at max. You have surprisingly large burst with Q/W.

R>Q>W>E

Depending on how bad I think the harasses in my lane will be, I either start off with cloth armor and health potions, or longsword with a health potion.

I've been experimenting with completely ditching dodge runes on Jax, and I've gotten a decent amount of procs anyway. I will regularly get the procs I need by minions hitting me, and have been able to do better with an ASPD/Move quints page. I find that move quints are invaluable for just *keeping up* with someone so you don't lose your stacks in case they decide to you know, remove themselves. Counterstrike only lasts for a second. Red helps. You can also build a frozen mallet.

Wriggle's Lantern:
+23 AD
+30 Armor
+14% Lifesteal
Unique Passive:20% chance on attack to deal 500 damage to a minion.
Unique Passive: 3 Minute normal ward.

This gives +69 HP to Jax, and a better way to farm/get buffs very quickly, especially with his aspd ulti/guinsoo's.

Next up is Ninja Tabi and Guinsoo's rageblade.

Guinsoo's gives you some of the best HP/Attack/AP damage in the game, as well as another attackspeed ramper. It's a very good item on jax not just because of the attackspeed, but for the values it offers. With full stacks, it gives you 93 AP, 35 AD, and 32% Aspd.

That's 186+105=291 HP, from an item that already offers incredible values.

You can get a Youmuu's ghostblade if you feel problems with building up your stacks, but that gives you only 90 HP off of it. It also gives you very good CDR/Arpen, and the active removes a lot of the 'ramping up' problems. I prefer to segue directly into my gunblade if I'm not really badly being focused in fights.

Hextech gunblade solves a majority of Jax's problems.

He's still rather squishy, he needs a decent slow (and frozen mallet works fairly well at this) and he could use some more burst/dps. (Frozen mallet doesn't do that.)

Gunblade gives you this HP:
180+150 = 230 HP

Expensive? Yes. Are you farming like a beast with that wriggles? Yes. Good.

Do you now have enough lifesteal to regularly 2v1 people with cleanse/exhaust? Yes. Do you have enough damage to hit people and make them feel PAIN? Yes.

After this, any other items are fairly luxury. You can get a banshee's, that's usually a very good choice. Atma's is as well, but remember to build to counter their most prominent dps.

AND IF THEY HAVE A MORDE FOR GOD'S SAKE BUILD A QSS.

AutomobileX

12-22-2010

The latern is good? Are you sure?
I was thinking getting a septre to farm at the begining, then rushing tabi and rageblade, then getting the gunblade and bloodthirster.
Is that viable? I'm no good at placing wards :$
Also is cleanse/teleport a good combo for Jax?

Harbin

12-22-2010

Cleanse. You need cleanse to keep your stacks.

Your other spell is up to you, although I take Exhaust, because I can use all the slows I can get, plus it prevents them from hurting me if they're autoattackers/more fed than I am for a little bit.

Lantern is very good, plus realize that you can *leap* to your ward, providing a good way to get out of a bad situation without flash, or to get over dragon wall if you need to take dragon stealthily. Or place it outside so you can run easily.

AutomobileX

12-22-2010

Thank you for all your insight (:
If I have a good team I'd consider farming wiggles asap.
I'm still fairly new at last hitting so my farming probably sucks......
anyways is Jax viable in higher tier matches? I kind of want to focus on 1 or 2 carries

Harbin

12-22-2010

Problem with Jax is he reacts badly to CCs. See though, with wriggles, you don't have to worry as much about lasthitting, you can get off lasthits with procs.

I don't know if he's viable in higher tier matches, I've been rather kept down in Elo by people who like to feed a lot/don't know what they're doing, sadly. He has been perfectly viable in the matches I've had with him, though. Mostly because people don't know how to focus, but even in situations where they've focused me, there's another carry who manages to deal damage to them instead.

HardGayMan

12-22-2010

Jax.

Dorans ring
> Tabi
> Guinsoo (you can now jungle like a beast)
> sheen
> Hextech revolver (look at the stats...it is GODLIKE on jax...you leech a LOT...)

Usually now I will get some defense item, or if I am doing very well with a good team I will finish with Rylais or a Trinity force.

You can have some mean survivability with this build, and you will get a TON of multi kills.

Harbin

12-22-2010

You need some sort of regen method in order to jungle effectively, which is why I take wriggles, it lets me sustain myself in and out of the lane. (As well as take dragon.)