Only going to make fantasy champions..? Why not other time periods..?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shaella

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everborn View Post
Very few people actually care/read/listen to the story. the game isnt built around story & I think it would work just fine. It's that type of game that makes it work.
So despite Riot trying to build up their lore and generally getting a very positive response, they should decide to take a dump on all that, piss off the people that like it, because we apparently need Modern Warfare 2 in LoL
G.T.F.O.

Shatterlight

12-22-2010

The game DOES have a storyline, REGARDLESS of whether or not YOU PERSONALLY like to read it. Some of us do give half a **** about lore, and just because YOU want to be OMGLOLSNIPZ doesn't mean you have to ruin the setting for the significant portion who DO care. Go play Kog'maw if you want to be a sniper, he fits the playstyle, just not the aesthetic you stereotype a sniper as.

As has been said, there are no futuristic champions in the game right now. There may be futuristic skins, but thats it. Steampunk =/= futuristic. Blitzcrank is put together with magic as much as with technology.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2010

They could just say a space marine was warped in like Nasus was warped from a dimension with an Egypt-esque region. BAM, lore problem solved.

Add Space Marine General
He was fighting a great war in his world
Was warped during a summoning mishap (these seem to happen all the time!)/A wizard did it (such great story telling!)
Space Marine decided to fight for the Institute of War to bring his world's brand of violence to Runeterra
He fit right in

The end. U jelly?

DarkShurelia

Associate Game Designer

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashok View Post
I think the new champ, Caitlyn, is going to be steampunk and have a sniper rifle. Close enough?
Yeah I was gonna say... the new char has a sniper rifle...