Only going to make fantasy champions..? Why not other time periods..?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotSoLegendary

12-22-2010

I sense CoD fan

Digivolve

12-22-2010

I like the idea but if it was time based in a fantasy world wouldn't it just be time based fantasy characters?

Id like to see LoL's version of a dinosaur

o wait cho-gath

Shaella

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everborn View Post
Well I mean they kinda half do it..so why not just go through with the whole thing? Tris has a gun..blitz is a robot..Corki..MF.. So there is a few heros that stray away from fantasy stuff so why not?
Because Tristiana is a yordle commando carrying around a cannon, Blitz is a robot from Zaun and the only of his kind, Miss Fortune is a pirate with flintlock pistols, and Corki has an odd steampunk helicopter from Piltover, which has a steampunk theme anyways.

Everborn

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digivolve View Post
I like the idea but if it was time based in a fantasy world wouldn't it just be time based fantasy characters?

Id like to see LoL's version of a dinosaur

o wait cho-gath
Maybe make a map with a future setting?

Zenbear

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everborn View Post
I dont see it as the same, thats a bit different..that has alot of story line in the game and that just wouldnt fit. there isnt to much story to this game..it would work & fit I think. Each champion has there own story in this game & its just a pvp.
You need to actually read the lore

Shaella

12-22-2010

I hate people who don't listen to reason and just list off reasons their ideas are OMG GREAT in a disgustingly masturbatory way.

blakMike

12-22-2010

this... is a fantasy game...

Everborn

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenbear View Post
You need to actually read the lore
Very few people actually care/read/listen to the story. the game isnt built around story & I think it would work just fine. It's that type of game that makes it work.

DrLivingstone

12-22-2010

None of the champs out so far have modern day weapons which is fine.. Since LoL takes place in a different world were technology advances diffrently. I do however believe they need a Mech/robo-suit champion with multiple weapons. Maybe Stanwick Pididdly the guy who fixed Urgot?

Everborn

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingstone View Post
None of the champs out so far have modern day weapons which is fine.. Since LoL takes place in a different world were technology advances diffrently. I do however believe they need a Mech champion with multiple weapons. Maybe Stanwick Pididdly the guy who fixed Urgot?
A mech would be awesome