Rethink some guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheBerch

08-11-2009

Just throwing this out there, and I may or may not speak for alot of people, but here it goes anyway. First off this is not a guide, so I apologize for ruining the flow in this section. Anyway, onto my point. I think everyone should remove the whole "Rune" / "Masteries" from their guides. The only reason I say this is because most people I dont think take the time to make a page for several of their favorite different heros. Maybe I am wrong, but I would like to bet the average person is only going to have 2 pages, IF THAT. As with masteries, I would stake my beta key on the fact that people are not going to arrange their masteries on certain heros they feel like playing for the day.

So with that being said, I think it would be a good idea not to include the usage of runes or masteries in future guides, just simply because most people are not goona take the time to redo runes / masteries just to try a guide / strat out on a certain hero. It is far easier to simply list what skills / items to get as you progress througout the game. And maybe include as to what items / skills / levels you should have or be within a certain time frame. Or something along that line.

Im not raging or upset at any one, so I hope it does not read that way. I am only offering this as a suggestion so that some of the guides appease to the masses a little more.

If you agree let me know, if you do not agree, let me know as well.

Windzy

08-11-2009

It may not be probable but it helps the reader to be able to understand what build you are using. It is up to them if they wanna try exactly what we are doing but as a guide writer for amumu i think it helps give them a decent perspective on things

TheBerch

08-11-2009

true, im just lending my opinion. I feel that if you write a guide, make it more basic, and much easier to follow. Those wanting a more complex guide should ask the writer for one, or ask friends for certain things like that. But I agree, like I said, this is just a suggestion.

Windzy

08-11-2009

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I was stating mine. And in my opinion if someone is going to look up a guide they want every detail otherwise whats the point in looking at a guide?

beek

08-11-2009

I change my runes and masteries when I swap heroes all the time.

Anyone trying to be the best knows that the little differences do matter.

Just skip the detailed sections of guides if they don't appeal to you.

Windzy

08-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by beek View Post
I change my runes and masteries when I swap heroes all the time.

Anyone trying to be the best knows that the little differences do matter.

Just skip the detailed sections of guides if they don't appeal to you.
Thank you I couldnt quite grasp how to say it.

BL4zD

08-11-2009

It seems counter-intuitive to request that guides be *less* informative.

Threads

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-11-2009

masteries will eventually be viable in the guides.

rune rigging takes a long time in the real world.
we have a GIMME RUNES button.
out of beta, there wont be one.

runes that best help your cause on the other hand...

Floatzel

08-11-2009

I think that suggesting that guides have less information is stupid.

Jpeg

08-11-2009

i also adjust my masteries/runes for new heroes. and find that infomation usefull