2% Experience quints

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gatsu

Master Recruiter

12-27-2009

just wondering if these were any good? they are very pricey and become useless endgame but do the early/mid game extra levels help? 3 of these would be 6%, how noticeable would that be on a solo mid player?

SomeoneRandom

12-27-2009

Exp quints = bad l2p

Afraa

12-27-2009

might be usefull on a jungler like warwick or maybe zilean for like 20%xp bonus stacked but other then those two not sure it would realy be worth it. guess if you had a good farmer and grabbed catlyst right off the bat. those are the only situations i can think of and even then there pretty **** expensive to try it without knowing any of those will work well or well enough to justify it

Shatterlight

12-28-2009

Zilean's passive XP bonus is 8%, and to my knowledge doesn't even work on himself. At least, it doesn't show the buff and my lanemate always dings slightly earlier :P

Threads

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-28-2009

exp buffers are epic.

extensively tested in closed beta.
for that reason the exp buffs from the utility tree were nerfed (used to hit 8% now only 4%)

Xeatoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2009

Get it and the exp buff from masteries
Hit level 2 and charge the enemy with 2 skills while they have only 1

You'd be surprised how easy it is to kill someone with say, shaco with shiv and deceive when they have only 1 skill to defend/attack you with

Krom

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threads View Post
exp buffers are epic.

extensively tested in closed beta.
for that reason the exp buffs from the utility tree were nerfed (used to hit 8% now only 4%)
This.

inept

12-28-2009

exclusively a jungler's quint as that is the only time the exp boost is noticable enough. with all 3 quints + mastery and maybe even a zileas buff you will be the same level as your carry, if not higher if done correctly.

whomaster

12-28-2009

Actually I am usually right on our solo/carry when i jungle and I only use the percent gain from the utility tree.

Slide

12-28-2009

I main Sivir and my buddy mains Zilean.

I generally Solo mid and more often then not we get out team to do dragon first.

EXP quints are full of win for me. 19% bonus EXP (only 17% for me as Im not 30 yet) plus an early dragon (levels you to 2 with the exp buff) and then soloing a lane gives you a HUGE level advantage on the enemy.

With a team gank on mid after dragon before laning, I find I am usually level 4 when the enemy solo is level 1. At that point its GG. Boomerang blade will almost one shot someone at that point.

My point being of course that when used properlly in your strategy, they are incredibly effective, just like everything else. It all depends on what your strat is.

I will say though that if you are soloing, and dont need something else, they can help win the solo VS solo mid lane fight. Getting to level up first can give you a huge advantage if you can take it!