Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Video] Supplementary Anivia Guide (inc. Advanced tech)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Extraxi

01-12-2010

Yeah, I've only been averaging about 300 AP lately which explains my lack of burst potential. Of course, I'm not level 30 so I don't have a full runebook and my masteries don't bring my CD's down to 15% yet. But it was only recently that I've been discovering the usefulness of Mejai's as a substantial boost to AP. Playing Anivia, I noticed I've been getting dozens of assists per game. Long story short, I use Mejai's now. :P

So all that being said, it's a good video you have put together. Yours (and there's another one somewhere too) is good to watch if I'm feeling a little rusty or if I haven't played in a while.

Also, what's your (or actually, any Anivia player reading this) opinion on the best ending item? I typically go Zhonya's, but now I'm debating Lich Bane. Ani's autoattack is pitiful, so adding an extra 400+ damage into her burst via autoattack damage seems better than boosting her AP alone. And Bane is cheaper too.

Epistemic

Recruiter

01-12-2010

I like how you burst, it's similar to how I do it. Anivia was the first char I picked up; I logged in, did the tutorial, then said "Hey this char looks cool". She is still my fav char, unfortunately I don't main her anymore (hardly even play her T_T ). I'd like to play with you sometime, I'll add you in-game.

Imasock

01-19-2010

Edited rune information, changed some thoughts in the new FB range increase, changed more item build information.

Shiyuka

01-20-2010

this is my 2nd time to see a pro play Anivia like god. Respect with ur talent

Trux 42

01-20-2010

After laning against a brutal Anivia and Kat earlier today then seeing this thread, I was inspired. Had a blast playing Anivia just now and considering maining her.

Could someone point me in the right direction to find out the details of her passive? it's rather vague and leaguecraft doesn't shed much more light either.

Thoughts on lich bane? Stacking RoA (2/3)?

I don't quite understand the purpose of archangels in the offensive build, what I mean to say is, I didn't feel the need for it after the RoA. Mid-late if I needed mana, clarity was up the majority of the time and I was frequently picking up golem buff. Most base returns were due to low hp or for a buy - overextending due to god complex

I opted for lich bane followed by zhonya's after RoA+boots, however that game made me realise that soulstealer kicks ass for Anivia, so I'll definitely be grabbing that during/after RoA quite often now.

I found it really hard to effectively wall people given her move speed. Chasing felt like lugging a boulder up a hill, but after watching the vid again, that's mostly due to lack of opening with ult. On the plus side, my play style with most champions is to hide at the side or behind (brush in jungle etc) and it's a way to play Anivia that really shines I found, where I've found it not to be as effective with a lot of other champs.

I'm considering dropping ignite for flash, ghost or teleport. More a playstyle thing and I'm not exactly at an ELO where maximising DPS for a kill is thought about (read: very rare, good tight aggressives)

Mad props for sharing this info. Also, you are a sock

emmkaygee

01-20-2010

anivia's passive i believe has a 5 minute cd. basically what it does is when you die, you turn into an egg that sits on the ground. ppl can kill it, but if they fail to after 6 seconds you come back alive with w/e health the egg is left with.

archangels might not seem as necessary for an anivia anymore especially since they reduced the mana cost on the ult (i dont use archangels myself) in fact, i usually don't pack a clarity with me anymore, opting instead to go for the exhaust and flash. this means, however, that golem is that much more amazing for me.

going more than one RoA is definitely viable, getting more tanky and more mana, but personally I think it doesn't let you pack enough punching power with your burst. i usually just get 1 roa and from there get better mag pen and ap.

i dont like lich bane on anivia because anivia's auto attack is so weak that i think it's better money spent on more ap. like a mejai's if you're doing well, or a deathfire grasp for another tasty burst spell.

exhaust i've found to very useful, if you can manage your mana without a clarity. basically it allows you to have better escape function since the enemy can't hit you with their regular attacks and it slows them. The slow is also better than any of anivia's own slows, so if a physical dps jumps you, you can throw down your ult, exhaust, then proceed to fb, wall, ff, fb and hopefully all that stun/exhaust will keep them in your ulti the whole time - even if they're running.

MBirk

01-20-2010

Lichbane is exceptionally good on anivia.

Due to the amount of aoe she has, you will get tons of assists. This means, your mejais will scale up fast. (Not including any kills.) Also, with flash/ghostwalk,egg, wall,snares, you shouldn't be dieing much or at all. so you dont loose your charges.
As, the op noted, 300-400ap on Anvia is easy. 400+ isn't that absurd given her god mode farming capabilities either.

A 400 ap anivia, then can add 500 damage to her burst just from autoattack. And likely another 500 when they are trying to run away and you tag them with another auto attack.

You have the lb proc on call as well. Wall, FF, and storm all can be cast without a target around.
A 400 ap anivia thus has 133dps more on towers then a non LB Anivia, which would have to rely on a 101 damage every 1.3seconds. or 73dps. 200dps vs towers compared to 73 is huge.

And it gives some more movement, which is nice.

Imasock

01-20-2010

Quote:
Trux 42:
Thoughts on lich bane? Stacking RoA (2/3)?

I don't quite understand the purpose of archangels in the offensive build, what I mean to say is, I didn't feel the need for it after the RoA. Mid-late if I needed mana, clarity was up the majority of the time and I was frequently picking up golem buff. Most base returns were due to low hp or for a buy - overextending due to god complex

I opted for lich bane followed by zhonya's after RoA+boots, however that game made me realise that soulstealer kicks ass for Anivia, so I'll definitely be grabbing that during/after RoA quite often now.

Well, Lich Bane is good for late-game, such as after you get RoA, Arch, Sorc Boots, and Zhonya's. At that point, you're packing around 400ap, and Lich Bane will add 100% AP as physical damage in the next auto attack, meaning you'll be tapping towers for 300 damage each hit, minimum. You just have to cast a spell after each ability to proc the effect again, which isn't hard considering she's got fast cooldown skills. It's actually viable to backdoor as Anivia as long as you've got a few minions or a lot of HP to do so.

I've never stacked RoA, because I felt I could use the money well elsewhere, and the AP build after that seems too slow. Also, it would take a long time for the second RoA to stack to its full potential, making it somewhat of a waste on time and gold, but I guess that depends on how long the game will last.

Archangel's is a viable offensive item because it gives AP, mana regen, and mana. It also gives you 4 more mana every time you use a skill, not exceeding 2 casts in like 4 seconds or something. With Anivia's skills, you gain mana quite quickly since you cast them very often. Also, with Archangel's, 2% max mana = AP, so usually every item after Archangel's gives more max mana (Zhonya's, Lich Bane, Frozen Heart for tanks, etc), and thus, more AP (not a lot, but enough to make every purchase afterwards stack to 20-40 more AP). More AP is always welcome, especially if it comes in addition to an item already really good. Archangel's will also stack an additional 600 mana using the 4 mana increases on spell casts, effectively making it 1000 mana.

As far as Mejai's goes, if you can successfully max out Mejai's and get RoA, Archangel's, and Zhonya's, you're looking at ~700 AP. Lich Bane after this is ridiculous, you can hit towers for ~500-600, not to mention casting FF+FB (Auto-attack) Storm + Wall (Auto Attack) and FB again (auto attack), most champs should be dead with ease, even tanks. 700AP effectively triples FF and FB's damage, (175+350)*2, since spell power scales at a 50% rate with regard to Anivia's AP. I've gotten close to 30 kills in a game in this manner. The key is staying alive for Mejai's to stack up.

Movement speed is also a problem for Anivia, but if you spec into the movement speed increase mastery and get lich bane, she has 370 move speed after Sorc Boots, and then 390 after Lich Bane, which is not half bad.

Quote:
emmkaygee:

i dont like lich bane on anivia because anivia's auto attack is so weak that i think it's better money spent on more ap. like a mejai's if you're doing well, or a deathfire grasp for another tasty burst spell.

The thing is, Lich Bane is really only a late-game item for Anivia, most of the time I don't even bother getting it, since I hardly ever pass Zhonya's before the game is either decided or they surrender. The positives about it are it increases EVERYTHING Anivia needs. Mana, AP, Move speed, and then it beefs her physical to 2-3x what it was before, making her long-range auto-attacks that much more deadly. A well placed wall + Lich Bane proc for the inevitable incoming auto-attack on the fleeing enemy is great.

Silverstab

06-09-2010

Hey there , I just want to thank you for amazing guide and videos that made me better at playing this awesome champ.

Btw, Any thoughts at the egg having negative armor and magic resistance values early game?

and , despite the alleged icewall fix, i noticed Yi bot walking through it. Does the wall counts as a "slow effect" that his ulti negates?

Once again, thanks for amazing guide =) almost 130 wins with Anivia and counting (a lot less lost )