[Video] Supplementary Anivia Guide (inc. Advanced tech)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AFKray

01-11-2010

some nice stuff, but your combat sequence deprives you of a frost bite each time, which then leaves you to be running around and not doing damage as displayed in some of those clips.

Imasock

01-11-2010

My sequence is done on purpose for a specific reason. Remove as much HP as possible at once. It makes people run from the battle as fast as possible rather than fight, and then you bring them down while they run.

The only aside from that is the battle with Kat in the beginning, but that was half my fault, half lag. I made the mistake of firing off FF rather than waiting, but the lag also caused some of my mistakes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remni View Post
I'm actually going to be trying to get some vids up through Xfire soon as I can for my own guide. Good vids you have there, but there's quite a bit I would have done different.
The guide is still far from complete, I'm only adding as I go. I'd wager there will be at LEAST one video expanding upon each skill and its applications, at minimum. It won't be finished for quite some time.

AFKray

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imasock View Post
My sequence is done on purpose for a specific reason. Remove as much HP as possible at once. It makes people run from the battle as fast as possible rather than fight, and then you bring them down while they run.

The only aside from that is the battle with Kat in the beginning, but that was half my fault, half lag. I made the mistake of firing off FF rather than waiting, but the lag also caused some of my mistakes as well.

The guide is still far from complete, I'm only adding as I go. I'd wager there will be at LEAST one video expanding upon each skill and its applications, at minimum. It won't be finished for quite some time.
the point is that you are missing out on like even more burst.

Grake

01-11-2010

The indepth guide is nice, but i think if you've played another character well before, you dont need all the pre-match prep against anivia, ect. It's great if you want to be insanely pro, but i think you'll find 95% of the people wont have the time or patience to go through with all that.

Imasock

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grake View Post
95% of the people wont have the time or patience to go through with all that.
Which is why 95% of the Anivias I've faced are terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFKush View Post
the point is that you are missing out on like even more burst.
Burst, to me, is damage done in a second or less. Waiting around for a second FB isn't going to fit the bill.

Extraxi

01-11-2010

While dropping all your damage at once helps for the intimidation factor, as you've mentioned, Anivia also has the advantage of her fairly low cooldowns. While she is built well for bursting, she is also capable of dealing sustained damage by juggling her spells (FF FB GS FB FF un-GS FB repeat, or something along those lines -- obviously turning GS off early if they leave), something most casters cannot do. (I can only think of Ryze off the top of my head.)

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that she's versatile, so you shouldn't limit yourself. You can burst all at once, but of course, that leaves you with at least 6 seconds of doing nothing. (And I understand the mentality behind what you're doing too. GS + FF = stun = more time inside GS = more damage) So if you're caught in a teamfight that lasts longer than 10-15 secs, juggling may be the way to go.

EnronTheGreat

01-12-2010

I like the guide and the videos were great (the music wasn't bad either). Made me try anivia and i had a blast. Thanks for the guide!

Imasock

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extraxi View Post
While dropping all your damage at once helps for the intimidation factor, as you've mentioned, Anivia also has the advantage of her fairly low cooldowns. While she is built well for bursting, she is also capable of dealing sustained damage by juggling her spells (FF FB GS FB FF un-GS FB repeat, or something along those lines -- obviously turning GS off early if they leave), something most casters cannot do. (I can only think of Ryze off the top of my head.)

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that she's versatile, so you shouldn't limit yourself. You can burst all at once, but of course, that leaves you with at least 6 seconds of doing nothing. (And I understand the mentality behind what you're doing too. GS + FF = stun = more time inside GS = more damage) So if you're caught in a teamfight that lasts longer than 10-15 secs, juggling may be the way to go.
That's why this is a supplementary guide, not a full on guide. It's advice, not a mandate as to how she should be played. I realize there's more than one way a champion can be played. I quite frequently end up with 3 second FB casts due to reductions and golem buffs, that's not really a problem.

I know I can deal sustained damage, but you don't need sustained damage when you can get tons of early kills. By 25 minutes I usually have 400+ AP, by 35 I have 700AP. At that point, GS combined with a wall and then FF + FB, combined with my usual M.pen setup is literally enough to 2 shot champs unless they're armored up in m.pen (not often). Sustained damage has its place, but not in my playstyle, it's too easy to bring people down.

Edit - Also, with cooldown mastery spec and runes, I can pull off 5 second FBs right away (though this is pointless, you don't deal sustained damage until lv 6+, tower hugging brings this strategy down and is worthless early on), and after golem buff we're looking at ~2.5 seconds. The problem is, by the time I have enough mana to pull off sustained damage without draining mana too quickly, I've got so much AP it's better to burst and let others do the work after you took them down 3/4 in 1 second, OR you're doing so much damage it's not really anything to worry about, because they'll run or they'll die.

Ixalmaris

01-12-2010

I hope your offer stands for a while.
Anivia was the first character I bought (long long grind) and I really wanted to like her, but I always fell behind the power levels of other casters (Ryze, Veigar) late game so it more and more seemed a waste to use her over them. Especially as Banshees Veil blocks her combo pretty hard.

Currently I don't have time to play much, but I hope that in a week or two I will be able to look through your videos and train those strategies in depth.

A question about your APs. 700 sounds more like an utopic value which you will only get when you are steamrolling the enemy anyway (Full assault build with a fully loaded Soulstealer). Whats your average AP value in normal games?

Imasock

01-12-2010

Average AP on a decent game is around 400 if I don't grab Mejai's. It depends on how well I'm doing and whether or not the other team seems to gank much.