Garen Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KentTouchThis

12-23-2010

so no wonder why i've been getting pissed lately playing garen...

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

I'd still get a Sunfire on Garen because of its synergy with his spin, but with the changes you're going to have to focus on your damage through items now, and many Garens haven't figured this out yet.

I'd probably try a Merc Treads, Sunfire, Brutalizer, Ghostblade, IE, FoN/BV.

Wisewind

12-23-2010

I've been running Swiftness Boots, Sunfire, Infinity, Atma's, Executioner's as my primary build. Ill buy a Negatron Cape and Merc treads if they have an AP heavy team.

PoohBear26

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Stop building Garen as a tank - he's not a tank. He never was a tank. He never will be a tank. He is tanky DPS. How can you tank with no CC minus a melee-hit silence, and not a single initiation skill? Just hope the enemy sticks around long enough for you to spin around like a fool, yelling out your home town name?

I'd give Brutalizer + Youmuu's + Randuin's or Banshee's, and then some more AD items like infinity edge.

Amazing that Garen actually needs to build for damage to actually deal damage now. Sounds like every other champion I know. Maybe it's time to come out of the bushes?
You don't count his silence as being an effective form of CC? With a movement speed buff and immunity to slowing effects (or 50% reduction), he's very effective in stopping most channeled ults and shutting down casters. One of his abilities also directly stacks MR/Armor and adds a %dmg reduction active. Sounds tanky to me

That's 2/4 abilities that scream tank, which is far more than many other champions people play as tank.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohBear26 View Post
You don't count his silence as being an effective form of CC? With a movement speed buff and immunity to slowing effects (or 50% reduction), he's very effective in stopping most channeled ults and shutting down casters. One of his abilities also directly stacks MR/Armor and adds a %dmg reduction active. Sounds tanky to me

That's 2/4 abilities that scream tank, which is far more than many other champions people play as tank.
A silence that only works in melee and is single target. A silence that has a tendancy to backfire because a minion decided to whack you before you got to your target (just in case you're unware, this is one of his more annoying bugs --- you turn on Decisive Strike, make a beeline towards your intended target, and a minion hits you. Garen, in his infinite stupidity, will turn and pop the minion in the face, wasting the silence). Many champions have a shield that blocks damage of some type.

Garen isn't a tank because he has no initiation skill. The ability to survive is only part of what makes a tank. The other part is the ability to force a fight and back up your team with hard CC. As I said earlier, his one Silence is fairly unreliable and used almost exclusively as a movement buff unless the silence is actually called for (certain Ults, like Malz or Kat, for instance).

Cranox

12-23-2010

I'm new to this...Whant mean: Scaling increased to 100% per second from 70%
Now scales off of only bonus attack damage rather than all attack damage?