How do I jungle with WW?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zignatur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2010

I got the basics of killing minion camps, but when it comes to ganking, I usually have trouble.

Last game I played against a Nunu, and he severely crippled my jungle, organized his team and stole a bunch of buffs + dragon.

I felt pretty immobile (maybe because of my lack of MS runes), and when it came time to gank top, I was always at my small golem camp. Also, bot was pushed and I had trouble ganking there.

What do I do to gank properly? The other jungler managed to get at our middle during my first trip back, and from there, we lost the game.

Advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

DrDragun

12-22-2010

I usually take ghost on him due to improved ghost being in row 1 of util tree. Basically pop ghost with red buff on yourself and whack away. Spam Q when you can. Usually I have boots, longsword, and red buff when doing a level 4-5 gank. Some people prefer to start with cloth and a ward but I play aggressively.

Turn off E when you're setting up, if they are already in the red zone, so they don't realize you are nearby. Coordinate a tower dive carefully if you're going to try it with your E on.

ChanceDriven

12-22-2010

Here, I wrote a guide on this a few days ago. Guide

Narnak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2010

There's really not too many quick tips for being good at jungling. It is an important role to the team as a support for all the lanes. Anyone can improve their jungle speed and efficiency (read, staying high health to avoid ganks) by playing practice games since you do not need to play against other champions to practice routes. But the importance of the jungler is to know when they need to save a teammate, when to gank, when to cover the lane so your teammate can blue pill, etc.

Knowing good times to gank requires good map awareness, and teamwork as well (if your teammates push the lane you can't gank...that's their fault). As mentioned Ghost is probably the best summoner spell outside of smite for junglers. They'll have less time to move back before you start attacking them with your lizard buff and allowing your teammates to help finish them off. It is absolutely crucial however that your teammate(s) are ready for you to attack. ping the map or say something, and wait for your teammates to start moving up (or otherwise acknowledge your intentions) before you jump out of the brush.

Also, if you have no gank opportunities, that doesn't mean you can't be useful. You can attempt to counter jungle the other jungler if they have one, or invade their jungle and steal buffs if they don't. Call for a dragon kill, or attempt to ninja solo it, etc. Keep the map warded especially if the enemy team is playing aggressively. Recognizing when they are ganking or going for a buff can provide opportunities to gank/counter-gank.

The best advice I can give is just become very comfortable with your jungle routes to the point where you can spend most of the time watching the lanes and mini-map like a hawk. Do not hesitate to leave a jungle camp to help a teammate or tank advantage of a gank opportunity. The only camps that are worth more than a champion kill are dragon and baron, and those camps generally lead to team fights due to their importance (which is why you and your team should keep dragon warded from 10-30mins and baron warded from 25 minutes onward)

bandoslord

12-22-2010

1.level up your blood scent (as well as your hungering strike)

2. run around in forest killing monsters for buffs

3. when you sense a weakened enemy champ go to the spot where hes at and used infinite duress followed by hungering strike.

Deb

12-22-2010

Level up hunter's call first and get attack speed runes. Level up Hungering strike and when you reach level 4 only focus on blood scent and hungering strike. You should only have 1 point in hunters call until very late game when it's your only choice. Get boots of mobility but start the game out with cloth armor and 5 hp pots. Upgrade cloth armor to wriggle's lantern and just work on your DPS build.

NinetyNineTails

12-22-2010

I'm not convinced that Wriggle's Lantern is at all worth the opportunity cost of not having Madred's Bloodrazors. Hunter's Call and Infinite Duress both leverage the Bloodrazors into being the only damage item WW needs, leaving him free to get the durability items that make it more possible for him to survive teamfights.

Deb

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNineTails View Post
I'm not convinced that Wriggle's Lantern is at all worth the opportunity cost of not having Madred's Bloodrazors. Hunter's Call and Infinite Duress both leverage the Bloodrazors into being the only damage item WW needs, leaving him free to get the durability items that make it more possible for him to survive teamfights.
Get both.

GnomeChomsky

12-22-2010

I'm not sure why you would rank up Hunter's Call last. I usually prioritize Hungering Strike up until 3 and then rank up Call. It goes from 40% to 80% and the CD is substantially reduced. It always does a lot more for jungling speed than hungering strike, but this is amplified once you get your razor... and mid-late game the substantial attack speed is what makes you a threat in conjunction with your Bloodrazor. Hunter's Call is also very cheap mana-wise and ranking it up instead of strike makes you less dependent on blue buff.

I'd also recommend stopping at Razor and Recurve Bow and then building at least one durability item (Spirit Visage, BV, GA are good options) before finishing Bloodrazor. It just costs too much to rush otherwise and you're just not durable enough for your role if you spend your first 4.5kish on Bloodrazor and boots 2. The exception is when you're dominating.

As someone already said you need a lot of AS in your rune page to get the most out of WW. At the least you should have AS marks. Beyond that is preference. AS seals are also good, but generally I'd recommend Ar Pen or Flat AD quints over AS quints (AS quints give twice the value of their respective marks, but Ar Pen or Flat AD quints give around 2.5 times the value). I'd recommend scaling MR blues for durability in team fights.

Eddy01741

12-22-2010

This guide is excellent, long read, but absolutely superb:
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...ck-guide.xhtml

If you don't want to dedicate a runepage to warwick (all alacrity runes), then take HP pots, or take smite.

Quite simply, the most important part about ganking is that you do not waste your ultimate. If the enemy is squishy and below half hp and has flash and you know you will get assistance from laners, then use ulti right away before they can flash, easy kill. But if you want to effectively gank, don't use your ultimate unless you are 99% sure you will get the kill. This applies especially if they have high hp. You run up to them, they are at full HP, they think they have a chance to take you on since the laners aren't particularly strong, So you 1v1 them, as you are dropping in HP, you break out your Q, then your ultimate, and you're back to full HP, and they're either low HP or dead. If not dead yet, finish them off with another Q.