Quick Udyr Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zanitonium

12-27-2009

Just went 15/0 with this so tell me what you think.

1)Dagger that gives +15% attackspeed + pots
2)Dagger->Zeal
3)Zeal
4)Zerks
5)Bloodthirster (game ended here)
6)Phantom
7)Triforce

runes: All malice

Skillbuild order

Turtle
Bear
Turtle
Tiger
Turtle
Phonenix
Then Alternate Turtle bear till they max switching to tiger next... ignoring phoenoix almost entirely

Summoner skills: Ghost/ Exhaust (seems redundant?) It's not.

Early game went in mid against ashe using turtle everytime she used a spell to harass thus negating it. she pushed forward but was a bit cautious about getting to close. Every chance i could i'd use turtle and get a hit or two on her before she retreated, i could slowly regen health through turtle but she hardly gained any back around level 4 I exhausted + tiger and she went down like paper. went back and got 1 & a half zeals and continued farming mid till I was level 8.

Gank central, he's easy to lore people into the jungle with because they still assume he's weak. Go into lane at half health, see a champ and quickly retreat, they chase, turtle their opening move, bear, tiger, turtle rinse repeat, when they try to run use ghost or exhaust.

Ghost is also good if you try to fade into jungle and you can tell their contemplating chasing you, hit the shrubs ghost + bear right back at them, they can't escape.

Anyways, pretty basic little guide to what i used, not looking for people to use it, just want feedback/critiques.

Myrnodyn

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanitonium View Post
Just went 15/0 with this so tell me what you think.

1)Dagger that gives +15% attackspeed + pots
2)Dagger->Zeal
3)Zeal
4)Zerks
5)Bloodthirster (game ended here)
6)Phantom
7)Triforce

runes: All malice

Skillbuild order

Turtle
Bear
Turtle
Tiger
Turtle
Phonenix
Then Alternate Turtle bear till they max switching to tiger next... ignoring phoenoix almost entirely

Summoner skills: Ghost/ Exhaust (seems redundant?) It's not.

Early game went in mid against ashe using turtle everytime she used a spell to harass thus negating it. she pushed forward but was a bit cautious about getting to close. Every chance i could i'd use turtle and get a hit or two on her before she retreated, i could slowly regen health through turtle but she hardly gained any back around level 4 I exhausted + tiger and she went down like paper. went back and got 1 & a half zeals and continued farming mid till I was level 8.

Gank central, he's easy to lore people into the jungle with because they still assume he's weak. Go into lane at half health, see a champ and quickly retreat, they chase, turtle their opening move, bear, tiger, turtle rinse repeat, when they try to run use ghost or exhaust.

Ghost is also good if you try to fade into jungle and you can tell their contemplating chasing you, hit the shrubs ghost + bear right back at them, they can't escape.

Anyways, pretty basic little guide to what i used, not looking for people to use it, just want feedback/critiques.

first off, you seem to have the right idea, in that attack speed and movement speed definitely seems the way to go, but there ARE some things you'll definatly want in there before you add the damage of bloodthirster.

The main thing I see lacking in your build is an early sheen. why an early sheen? Udyr is at his most effective if he's switching his stances as often as possible. If you do this correctly, sheen WILL proc every three seconds, doubling your base damage for that hit. Add a phage, get a trinity force, and there's not going to be anyone running away from you without help of summoner spells. (phage helps more than you'd think against the likes of ashe and yi.)

In my opininion, some early lifesteal at the start, in the form of vampiric scepter> malady, makes for more survivability, meaning you can leave turtle at level 3, and get that phoenix to five. I'd also get phoenix before tiger, as it gives you a better farming ability, and is more reliable damage, it's passive is also better than tiger. Both of these points are personal preference though, and have to do with playstyle more than anything.

I'd also say Flash works better as a summoner spell instead of ghost. a) it's usable while snared, b) you already have a movement speed buff c) You can skip some terrain with it, as well as walls put up by champ skills d) people don't see flash coming, and as a melee hero, closing that range fast is important. It's also a ****ton of fun imagining the look on the face of that ashe player as you flash out the bushes, and bear right on top of them before they even know what's going on.

Overall, I think the build is a good start, it has all the right items, just in the wrong order. I think if you switch it around, and try giving phoenix a chance it will be a whole lot better.

MazoMackz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2009

question do phantom dancer sack with tri force??

increase MS etc

Myrnodyn

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazoMackz View Post
question do phantom dancer sack with tri force??

increase MS etc
Phantom dancer should stack with tri-force, phantom dancer doesn't even HAVE a unique as far as I know. Phantom dancer also stacks with itself.

zanitonium

12-28-2009

Thanks for the feedback, i'll tweak accordingly.