Broken Scaling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

I'm not perfectly sure, but it feels like scaling is broken.

We had Zilean Eve Gang Shaco and Cho.

They had Twitch Ashe Trist Cho Yi

We start the game. We're doing great, twitch is down 0-3, top lane is dominating, and bottom lane is doing very well for being an Eve/Zil combo.

At the 25 min mark, lane phase ends.

Their down in lives, meaning gold, and levels. And yet their winning. Every fight.

We would down two of them for all of us, or none of them for all.

We would win team battles, yes. And then we would push. How far did we get until they respawned and pushed us back? one tower once, nowhere all other times.

They eventually pushed and won, but it made me wonder.

If we were both doing pretty much the same thing in teamfights, and we had an advantage, how does their team of mostly carries start magically winning everything?

Axecution

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

Why were you losing?

1) You had a Zilean on your team.
2) They had a lot of range on your guys.
3) 2 stealthers pretty much begs the enemy to get an oracles which exposes Eve (making her easy to take down) and the Shaco's JITBs.

MEMEME670

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axecution View Post
Why were you losing?

1) You had a Zilean on your team.
This says Zilean needs a buff
Quote:
2) They had a lot of range on your guys.
90% of teambattles happened at melee range

Quote:
3) 2 stealthers pretty much begs the enemy to get an oracles which exposes Eve (making her easy to take down) and the Shaco's JITBs.
They did nothing strategic like that. Most teambattles were simply them walking in, rolling over us, and keep going.

Chillspawn

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
This says Zilean needs a buff

90% of teambattles happened at melee range

They did nothing strategic like that. Most teambattles were simply them walking in, rolling over us, and keep going.

Zilean is getting a buff.
They damage you at range before you get to melee range, thus having the advantage.

Maybe they had better coordination in teamfights.. Focus fire the DPS, focus Zilean last.

MEMEME670

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillspawn View Post
Zilean is getting a buff.
They damage you at range before you get to melee range, thus having the advantage.
I've seen Zileans buff, and the multiplicative e is nice, and so is lower CD on w, yeah.

Some teamfights we were facing them at our tower and losing horribly...but this was probably after they had won a bunch and outgeared + exp us.

This thread seems to say ranged dps = win.

Chillspawn

12-27-2009

It all depends on how the people were built.. If Shaco was AP, hes useless in teamfights, if Gangplank was built completely in -cooldown(don,t lagh, I've seen someone go full cooldown, 0 crit chance), hes useless, etc..

MEMEME670

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillspawn View Post
It all depends on how the people were built.. If Shaco was AP, hes useless in teamfights, if Gangplank was built completely in -cooldown(don,t lagh, I've seen someone go full cooldown, 0 crit chance), hes useless, etc..
I saw gang take out 1/4 / 1/5 of trist hp with parrley mid game, so he was prolly crit chance+damage.

Shaco was doing insane damage, but i doubt he was AP.

EDIT: Nobody seems to have given a reason why when we were outgearing them and higher level, they could win teamfights easily.

If its range, then that screams imba

Basilisk9466

12-28-2009

Team of carries tbh. I've been in similar games where we've taken out most of their towers, regularly ganking them, then oops! They hit some sweet spot, and steamroll us with ease. Let's take a look.

Twitch is (depending on who you listen to) downright OP or borderline. You need to know how he works, but I know someone who does very little as Twitch for the first half, then abruptly starts getting triple kills.

Ashe I don't have much respect for, TBH, but the whole inbuilt slow thing, and her ult, makes her a huge pain in the rear for chasing and as a 'support DPS'. In a team without casters, that's pretty important.

Tristana is one of my mains, and late-game, she's an absolute horror. It catches you by surprise, because mid-game she kind of sucks, but get a couple of expensive items and suddenly, she's eating your face.

Yi is extremely popular to whine about, and people do have a point - if he knows what he's doing, he can spit out a lot of damage.

Cho, if he's smart and his enemies are distracted, is probably the highest (burst) damage tank out there, and Feast is a huge nuke.

So that's two insane damage ranged carries, one support, one high speed DPS melee, and a heavy burst damage tank. On your side, Eve is downright useless in a team battle, Shaco isn't much better, Zilean rocks for drawn-out engagements but not a heavy damage slugfest... which leaves Gang and Cho, who both rock, but are left a bit unsupported. Gang tends to be rather squishy, and Cho can only do so much by himself, and not much against that kind of damage.

It was just an unfortunate matchup. That said, perhaps this should be a lesson to try and plug holes in your team? You had only one ranged (a support caster!), two stealthies (which works, but Shaco/Eve isn't the best combo IMO) and a total of four melee. That's never good, I always try to get a three/two split on ranged and melee. Full melee can work, but you need heavy tanks and/or healers. A team of Malphite/Rammus/Alistar/Cho/Nunu might work.

GNOY

12-28-2009

Nothing to say about untill we see replay and final stats screen. This thread is pointless. Maybe their Cho'Gath did his work as a tank better than yours. Maybe you couldnt push with 4 melee and Zilean vs ranged (which is very much probable). Maybe your team focused their tank instead of others.