Gangplank Crit Build Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clyton

12-21-2010

Hey, so I just tried out Gangplank today, and after a few couple of wins, I decided to be more observant with the 3rd. And after that 3rd battle, which I have won, I realized that I need a bit more help with the Crit build. In the end, I only got a Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge, Black Cleaver, Blood Thirster and Berserker Greaves (I was gonna get Madred's Bloodrazor, but didn't manage in time before game ended). With maxed parrley, I have only managed a 1.2k - 1.5k crit dmg on champions. However, I have heard rumors that there are builds that can achieve 1.5k + crit dmg with parrley. Any suggestions on how I can improve this? Should I go full crit or just leave this build as it is and have a hybrid of attack sp, AD and a 50%+ crit rate. Thank you.

BeyondGodlike

12-21-2010

Grab 2-3 avarice blades and stack IE.

EDIT: Nice somebody downvoted me... too bad with the item choices listed below you are not going to reach the att needed to do 1.5k+ crits..

If you farmed another BC/IE, you would have been hitting 1.5k+ crits.

Sorry, there's no other way but getting 350+ att.

downvote moar, read the question again, k thanks.

Ichikaze

12-21-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...angplank.xhtml

One of the best guides for GP arround,big kudos to i am walrus for it.An important fact that he notes there is that you cant build GP as a total glass cannon or you will get destroyed before you can output good dmg.

Clyton

12-21-2010

Thanks for the advice, but I have a question. Should a DPS Gangplank still be viable? It was because of the extra attack sp with the build above that I was able to defeat a full AP Evelyn 1v1, even with her ambush/stun advantage, with both of us at probably near max HP, and eliminate super minions in seconds.

KsK Drone

12-21-2010

I think once your hitting well into the 1k's some CDR options can greatly increase your dps and perhaps add a little more survivability (SV), or mana with glacial shroud or one I've found pretty fun is Shurelia's for some health, mp5, cdr, and a fairly short cd burst of speed for your (to be "correct": Team Ops that may occur. And the more fun...) pokes, escapes, invitiates, baits w/e. Though, Shurelia's may not be a very good idea compared to other choices (I'm really not sure for Shurelia's), but it's really fun especially with a Youmuu's for the entrance.

xrats

12-21-2010

Critplank isnt viable.Tankplank is the only way to play.If you go for fast dmg and crit you have so low hp.You ll be targeted and killed asap from the enemy team.Vs low elo enemies critplank might work but almost everything works at low elo right?

Clyton

12-21-2010

I don't usually go tankplank. I go DPS critplank. I know that I'll be targeted first cause I'm basically acting as a successful carry, but Citrus Fruit always helps, assuming my team is still with me and backing me up while they aren't giving the other team a chance to inflict any more CC on me.