Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: Visiting Singapore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oddproject

12-21-2010

I'm currently in singapore for a couple weeks and I've got some downtime during the day here and I want to play league of legends. But when I try to log in it says Server Status: BLOCKED. Does the riot servers currently block IPs from singapore/other asian countries due to copyright issues or is this something I can fix? I am about 80% sure that I have played against someone from singapore before but I cannot confirm it.

Zack1996

12-21-2010

All SEA countries have the IPs blocked due to LoL SEA.

oddproject

12-21-2010

Ahh..okay. That's pretty lame. BTW what does SEA stand for? South East Asian is what comes to mind? Is there a reason why they are all banned?

Freakayou

12-21-2010

Glad I seen this thread, headed to Japan tomorrow. I guess no LoL for me for 2 weeks.

Braains

Recruiter

12-21-2010

I think they block the IPs so you don't end up with communication issues/issues with the different character set on a Asian keyboard

LysolCleaner

12-21-2010

Quote:
oddproject:
Ahh..okay. That's pretty lame. BTW what does SEA stand for? South East Asian is what comes to mind? Is there a reason why they are all banned?

it does stand for south east asia =)

zignatur

12-21-2010

Look to Garena for South East Asian League of Legends

prophet of toast

12-21-2010

It might work in Japan. I'm in South Asia (Bangladesh) and it works great. Its just Singapore, etc that is IP blocked.

I can't buy RP over here though, which sucks.