@Riot: Visiting Singapore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oddproject

12-21-2010

I'm currently in singapore for a couple weeks and I've got some downtime during the day here and I want to play league of legends. But when I try to log in it says Server Status: BLOCKED. Does the riot servers currently block IPs from singapore/other asian countries due to copyright issues or is this something I can fix? I am about 80% sure that I have played against someone from singapore before but I cannot confirm it.

Zack1996

12-21-2010

All SEA countries have the IPs blocked due to LoL SEA.

oddproject

12-21-2010

Ahh..okay. That's pretty lame. BTW what does SEA stand for? South East Asian is what comes to mind? Is there a reason why they are all banned?

Freakayou

12-21-2010

Glad I seen this thread, headed to Japan tomorrow. I guess no LoL for me for 2 weeks.

Braains

Recruiter

12-21-2010

I think they block the IPs so you don't end up with communication issues/issues with the different character set on a Asian keyboard

LysolCleaner

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddproject View Post
Ahh..okay. That's pretty lame. BTW what does SEA stand for? South East Asian is what comes to mind? Is there a reason why they are all banned?
it does stand for south east asia =)

zignatur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

Look to Garena for South East Asian League of Legends

prophet of toast

12-21-2010

It might work in Japan. I'm in South Asia (Bangladesh) and it works great. Its just Singapore, etc that is IP blocked.

I can't buy RP over here though, which sucks.