Team-fight positioning for carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

himself1892

12-21-2010

What the title says: What is the correct positioning for a DPS carry in a team-fight? I've been playing MF for a while now, yet I can never get a kill, and usually end up going something like 2/3/15. I'm obviously not getting kills, and I think it's because I get shut down in team-fights. So if anyone has any advice, or even better a video, it would be greatly appreciated.

Gato Muerto

12-21-2010

When I was playing her, I would ult far too early. You have to wait until the battle is well and truly enjoined in order to get the full use of it. Stay behind the tank, and try to just use your skills for positioning (double-tap to get the squishies away from behind the tank, and Make it Rain to slow down the opponents in order to get your team into position/swarm. Strike and back up constantly.

FaerellG

12-21-2010

You may not be getting kills by 15 assists with a 2/3 ratio isn't anything to scoff at either.
I would say that's usually just luck of the draw.

Alex Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

If your team is really solid, the ranged carry will end up with more assists than kills. Sure, they do the most damage by far, but most of the time they'll either be kiting an anti-carry, peeling down a tank, or cleaning up. You should be positioned so that no one can get to you without running past 4 other people. MF is a good champion for this because she has some high damage skills with longer ranges. I'm also not saying that you should be locked onto tanks, but you'll likely be in a position where the only person you can safely attack is a tank. The only time you really get to shine is in picking people off like in small team fights, if someone is stunned/positioned poorly, or chasing. Ranged carries aren't nearly as safe and glorious as they once were, but they're still strong.

MF's ult also doesn't do that much damage anymore. If you get 4 people in it, yes it does, but if you only get 2, you're better off auto attacking. MF's ult now is more of a skill that you use to deal damage from a long distance because of its range.