Anyone else smellin Anivia Nerf

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LMFAO IM FAKER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Nope.
Wow really?

scotth266

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keywing View Post
She's ridiculously easy to counter...
Yeah she hurts like hell if she can land her spells and trap if she can land her wall but you know how you can fix that?
Not feeding her....
Bull****.

I went Sivir, got matched up against an Anivia in mid lane. Since I know Anivia relies on her icicle spike to do damage, I leveled my spell shield to counter it, used it to block a LOT of the **** things, and still got pushed out of lane eventually thanks to the sheer number of the *******s she could pump out.

Anivia has been one of the best mages in terms of sheer damage output for a while now, which only makes her recent buffs all the more mystifying. Just because someone is not being played doesn't mean that champ needs to be buffed. Hell, Corki was good stuff for several patches, and Riot just kept pumping him up until the community finally caught on and called him OP. Anivia's finally been noticed again: hopefully she'll get hit by the nerf bat and sink back into obscurity.

Gazow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

theyre too busy nerfing mord, because at the devs level of play they get stomped by him, and no one has the ability to play anivia well

Bronzz

12-21-2010

Quote:
Nope.
refer to my post please

Edit: Prove to me how my reasoning is not completely logical

Quintessence

12-21-2010

Well then I guess it is time to ride the anivia gravy train of EZ-mode wins.

KillinUrDoodz

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotth266 View Post
Bull****.

I went Sivir, got matched up against an Anivia in mid lane. Since I know Anivia relies on her icicle spike to do damage, I leveled my spell shield to counter it, used it to block a LOT of the **** things, and still got pushed out of lane eventually thanks to the sheer number of the *******s she could pump out.

Anivia has been one of the best mages in terms of sheer damage output for a while now, which only makes her recent buffs all the more mystifying. Just because someone is not being played doesn't mean that champ needs to be buffed. Hell, Corki was good stuff for several patches, and Riot just kept pumping him up until the community finally caught on and called him OP. Anivia's finally been noticed again: hopefully she'll get hit by the nerf bat and sink back into obscurity.
No, Anivia relies on a skillshot on a 10+ second cooldown at level 1 (which it will be until her icicle is maxed) to harass in lane. Dodge the snowball, and if it really is hard for you start with boots.

Bizaroid

12-21-2010

Quote:
Bull****.

How is this even possible? She would be out of mana if she were harassing you that much, unless every she hit you almost every single time. Also you do realize you can counter harass with boomerang and bouncing blade off her minions?

Bronzz

12-21-2010

If you cannot outlane as anivia, as sivir let alone, you are just bad.

However, he teamfight capablities are completely OP

Free Elo

12-21-2010

Quote:
Bull****.

A good player thats playing Anivia will get 2 hits off their Q, still alowing to proc the frost and allowing frostbite to deal double damage. Dodge>Spell shield. Or save spell shield for the frostbite

EIometer

12-21-2010

Quote:
Nope.
Thank you good sir. You're looking mighty fine today, if I might add.