Eve is frustrating.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

keftes

Recruiter

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangMe View Post
Lawl that's so old.
What's your point?

Mr Zuko

01-01-2010

IMO:

I do agree with people when they say eve is OP and should be nerfed (With the exception of her being squishy times 5). However, even as a non-eve player, I can say that eve does take skill to use. Obviously an oracle reduces her effectiveness a ton, but if you're a squishy character who can't run away there isn't much of a point. Oracle pots are much more effective on characters such as blitzcrank, singe, and amumu (Mostly the first two). Blitzcrank can just grab the eve and then him and his team just go pawnage on eve. Singe can throw eve back, but that can be risky seeing as eve could be protected (try using flash or ghost to make a quick escape back to your team, or just an escape). And whats better then oracle pots is the vision wards. Place vision wards wisely (preferably in grass) as they can be a huge contribution to a victory.

Also most of that stuff applies to twitch as well. (It does not apply to shaco however...)

Senix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2010

Vision wards affect how much of a range?

Steelrambo

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senix View Post
Vision wards affect how much of a range?
1000 feet, IIRC. What a lot of people don't realize is that a DPS carry (yeah, one of those heroes you see in all your games-- Master Yi, Jax, Katrina, Teemo, Ashe) can take down an Evelynn 1v1. I play a lot of Teemo, and I can confidently say that I don't get killed by an Eve unless BOTH of the following conditions hold true: a) I have less than 50% hp AND b) I do not have an Oracle's Elixir.

Do not ever run away from an Evelynn. Her Hate Spike (that pink swirly thing she spams with a ridiculously low cooldown) randomly targets, so when you're near creeps, she'll hit them as often, if not more often, than she hits you. Her attack is not insanely high, nor is her AS. She relies on her magic more than anything, needs to be melee, and is extremely squishy.

Wards are good in the early-game stage to get kills, as long as you stay within the area, and Oracle's Elixirs are good for late game during team pushes, as they essentially render Evelynn useless. Your team should also focus fire the sh*t out of Evelynn when she pops in order to kill her.

She dominates low ranking PUBs because people don't realize most of the above facts about her, and she rules through fear, like when people run away from her.

Gamecmdr

01-01-2010

nerf! are you kidding?!? ask any high elo or just very good player and they will tell you eve is on the lowest tier of all heros for competative play. i love to player her and am sick of people calling her op just cause i do well. if anything she needs a buff so shes viable at high elo.

get a tank, with an oracle elixer mid-late game, and early game a ward or two will shut don the element of surprise. merc treads and chalice are too very common items that conter eve very well especial merc treads. 40 percent reduction reducs here stun to 1.2 seconds at max level, and the magic resist makes ravage and hate spike not hurt nearly as much.

Chutzpahnaught

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2010

thankfully, as I work my way up in ELO, i see less and less eve's. Not b/c I am worried about seeing her as an enemy, but b/c she is dead weight to my team. She is like twitch, but much ****pier.

For example, I was playing corki. Eve jumps me, I Valkyrie away, phos her, then proceed to destroy her with my bombs in about 3 seconds. And i fly away, having spanked the nugget, at about 20% health.

After that, I proceed to get an oracles and make her life miserable.... poor eve.

Helsieve

01-01-2010

I had a Cho Gath that just finished getting ganked and I was at 1/4 hp, about 1k. I wander through some jungle to get to a brush to recall and an eve jumps me with her stun. Not a noob, she had some decent killrate at the end of game, but if you stay and fight, you will usually kick her ass. I figured I was gonna die so I rupture/screamed/ and feasted. She died and I scampered my big ass home.

The success I usually see with eve is when she jumps wounded champions. If you're a squishy at half health, of course she's gonna kill you, and this is usually when I see a "good" eve. When the enemy team makes her good. Don't wander out alone, don't wander out at half your hp. Rarely will an eve outdamage a dedicated DPS even with the stun/surprise advantage. A tank should be able to just leave if he doesn't/can't kill her, and a support has no reason to be loping around alone.

Edit: That's all assuming you're too poor/die alot/for some reason don't want to buy an oracle elixir.

Genghis John

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxypickles View Post
NEVER FACE AN EVE DIRECTLY
lolwut?

BAHAHAHAHAHA