Duo Queue is the source of the Elo Hell effect

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ayanaftw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

few problems with your logic

1. eve has the highest rating on your team and she did terrible

2. its arguable whether or not their urgot carried them but their anivia has an even better score than urgot. so if anything anivia carried more than urgot

3. had the urgot lost he could have just as easily blamed MM for giving him 2 1400s. (how do you expect 1400s to lane vs 1500s etc)

not saying MM is perfect b/c its not. taking an avg and calling it a day is not a good idea for rating, but i used to think that the team with the least elo deviation will always win against a team with more elo deviation. you're screenshot says otherwise which only means it's all just anecdotal evidence just like my experiences.

so basically all i'm saying is that these times that you lost with a duo q on your team really stand out b/c there's something different about those game. so its easier to blame duo q for the loss than anything else.

Ursalgodon

12-21-2010

This is only one game. Riot doesn't expect all three of the effects to take part in every game. For every game like this, there is another where a duo dominates, the lowest elo player does feed, and the highest elo player can't carry.

Kagetenshi

12-21-2010

You shouldn't be comparing the difference between the two teams, but rather from highest to lowest on the same teams. Also, they should average out to be about equal.

HotShotHUEHUE

12-21-2010

Heres why you lost. Your team is made up of 3 "DPS" and 2 "tanky" characters. 1 DPS = AP (you) 1 DPS = AD (shaco) 1 DPS = weird ghetto hybrid (eve) none of your DPS built any items that support living in a team fight, and 2 / 3 DPS on your team are invis characters which can easiliy be countered by 1 400 gold item.

Your "tank" mord built a sunfire as his only armor and a FON + abysmal (working on it) vs a team that has realistically 1 AP hero that does any damage. Sivir has a madreds + a full AD build which means with that little armor or health, mord wil ldie fast.

Your other tank massed HP and regen and has literally no MR or Armor so he dies fast as well

Their team, has 3 DPS and 2 tanks like you.

Their DPS consists of 1 DPS = pure AD build urgot with banshee to counter you, mord, and ghetto eve, 1 DPS = pure AP with the start of a BV or ROA (health) 1 DPS pure AD with BV to counter you and ghetto eve again.

Their tanks consist of 1 tank ****ty items, FON to counter you, merc treads on him + every champ to counter you.

1 tank mediocre items but has a BF at least again, to counter you the only good player on the team based on the stats of the game.

your team has 2 merc treads vs a mummy ult which is stupid as well.

Your team comp was bad, your players built wrong, you got countered, you lost.

Has nothing to do with numbers.

I could have soloed your team on a 30 minute singed with a 1200 ELO, simply by building a FON + banshee + ROA + swift boots.

Your 2 other DPS had nothing to stay alive vs me, and you had all your DPS in AP, which I would counter with MR, and you have no Mpen.

Alame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyxoan7 View Post
Heres why you lost. Your team is made up of 3 "DPS" and 2 "tanky" characters. 1 DPS = AP (you) 1 DPS = AD (shaco) 1 DPS = weird ghetto hybrid (eve) none of your DPS built any items that support living in a team fight, and 2 / 3 DPS on your team are invis characters which can easiliy be countered by 1 400 gold item.

Your "tank" mord built a sunfire as his only armor and a FON + abysmal (working on it) vs a team that has realistically 1 AP hero that does any damage. Sivir has a madreds + a full AD build which means with that little armor or health, mord wil ldie fast.

Your other tank massed HP and regen and has literally no MR or Armor so he dies fast as well

Their team, has 3 DPS and 2 tanks like you.

Their DPS consists of 1 DPS = pure AD build urgot with banshee to counter you, mord, and ghetto eve, 1 DPS = pure AP with the start of a BV or ROA (health) 1 DPS pure AD with BV to counter you and ghetto eve again.

Their tanks consist of 1 tank ****ty items, FON to counter you, merc treads on him + every champ to counter you.

1 tank mediocre items but has a BF at least again, to counter you the only good player on the team based on the stats of the game.

your team has 2 merc treads vs a mummy ult which is stupid as well.

Your team comp was bad, your players built wrong, you got countered, you lost.

Has nothing to do with numbers.

I could have soloed your team on a 30 minute singed with a 1200 ELO, simply by building a FON + banshee + ROA + swift boots.

Your 2 other DPS had nothing to stay alive vs me, and you had all your DPS in AP, which I would counter with MR, and you have no Mpen.
28 flat + 15% = 0?

You never would've gotten farmed enough to stop me.

But that's besides the point. You pointing out my ally's poor build choices only enforces my point of skill differential.

dgr33n

12-21-2010

lol Alame is the reason I lose whenever I get him on team. Just feed and feed. Dodge this kid imo.