Tips on playing Kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnholyPrint

01-02-2010

Just two things. If you blink to wall/impassable terrain, you will be forwarded to nearest regular terrain in the direction you were blinking in (or backwards if its closer), use this to your advantage.
When defending tower, and some meele coming to cast spell on you, try to hit him with Null Sphere just in the moment he wanted to cast, and if you are lucky, he will instead make a few steps towards you, with the tower hitting him.

kijik

01-02-2010

Rylai's is cute and all, but it's rather expensive for what ap it does give, and the slow isn't really necessary since in higher elo everyone will have a stun or slow, and kassadin's job, especially in a higher level game where staying as a rather soft caster means death, is to pinpoint and eliminate their softest backline hero, and get out, or to finish off runners, not to mention in a team situation force pulse is up every time it's off cooldown, and the cooldown is what 6 seconds for a 2-3 second slow?(haven't played in a while, memory is rather rusty atm) it's plenty of slowing power especially considering you're burst based, honestly what's the point of rylai's? giving null sphere a slow? that's fine and dandy and all, but all that really does is give you more time to auto attack, which kass doesn't exactly do well with an ap build, it's much better to just get more efficient ap items that either have a base item that provides a **** good effect(like RoA), are incredibly efficient in terms of ap per gold if you're able to snowball effectively(mejai's), or have a very powerful side effect(Void staff/Deathfire grasp) I've considered rylai's as a final item after frozen heart if I don't have mejai's due to the game not seeming like it's going my way, but that's purely as icing on the cake, and usually because in a game where I can't snowball out of control it's because I'm getting bursted before I can rift walk out.

Another thing I wanted to comment on, I'm sick, and tired of seeing people saying to get tear of the goddess on kassadin, those that do it are absolutely BEGGING to have an organized team demolish you in a fight, high mana pool is cute and all, but RoA gives you just enough, and that's all you need, Tear/Archangel's are a very large waste of gold for kass, it gives a limited amount of ap for the price(hell you don't even get any AP out of it until you get the archangels) it also requires you to get another "base" type item when you should already have catalyst(catalyst and tear together are only acceptable on about 3 champs in my mind, anivia, karthus, and possibly veigar depending on the build, these heroes are meant to stick around and spam spells, kassadin, is an assassin, plain and pure, he's meant to get in, kill a softy, and gtfo)

Another issue I find with tear of the goddess is that it takes away a strong warning system for kassadin, you low on mana? get out. This warning system is vital for kassadin players, as it will(eventually at least) teach you to conserve your mana or at the very least use it to maximum effect. Remember, you, are, an, assassin. Twitch doesn't spend much mana in a fight even though he could with spamming expunge every time it's up, but he doesn't because he's meant to drop his spells to finish, this idea is the same with kassadin, with less auto attacking.

Besides that, if your team isn't giving you golem(unless there's an anivia/taric/karthus around, then it's debatable) they're doing it wrong, golem solves ALL of your mana problems entirely when used intelligently, not to mention it solves any cooldown reduction issues(before late game at the least, with my build you hit the cap once you get frozen heart)

Back to the rylai's argument, as an added statement, from reading what I've said above, you, as the reader, should come to understand one very solid thing, you are not meant to stay in the line of fire, and rylai's is primarily useful to casters for the large health bonus it grants while still giving a bit of AP, you don't need that as kassadin, again, RoA, and you, are, set.

Rawr, praying I can get my gaming router back online soon so I can see you on the battlefield

Kelin

01-02-2010

Kjiik, as I tend to play only physical lately I just spend my time merely theocrafting.

The big issue with my caster champions is the rune set up. In a drunken state I combined all my AP runes (don't log in if you are drunken and you are trying to figure out what to do!!!) so now i need to collect new runes.

Reds are obvious: Magic penetration.
Yellows are hard: Health/level? Mana regen even? Flat HP? Dodge runes viable?
Blues: AP/level? CDR/level? The flat AP runes which I used to have are worthless after some evaluation.
Quenteces: Flat HP? CDR/level? AP/level? (Fortitude is my choice now)

All I can comment on: Flat AP on both quents and blue (3*4.5 and 9*0.9) is not worth it. Boost early game is not enough and late game it's nothing compared to what you get on your items (about the same amount of AP as 2 stacks on your mejai lol).

Think with me, CDR is good because the items with CDR on it aren't that viable (frozen heart is the only exception but is very late game and there tons of reasons to postpone it in favor of AP). AP/level will give you a nice boost when you get zhonya and might give you that edge late game to actually be able to finish off that carry?

JunkRamen

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
The lack of Rylai's in this thread disturbs me. How do people not get this on Kass? It's such a boss item.
Snare component is too expensive and more mana is good, would rather have another RoA or just buy 1 health item + 1 AP item =\

DAVIDKIMXD

08-14-2013

Farm as much as you can till level 6 and try not to die till you reach it. after reaching level 6 recall and start your build yours is actually pretty good. after level 6 its actually good for kassadin to roam whenever you can just help out your team a little easy to roam with his ult. The best combo for kass is ult q than e if you can then run away i usually only use his q to farm. hope this helps?

Madraac

08-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVIDKIMXD View Post
Farm as much as you can till level 6 and try not to die till you reach it. after reaching level 6 recall and start your build yours is actually pretty good. after level 6 its actually good for kassadin to roam whenever you can just help out your team a little easy to roam with his ult. The best combo for kass is ult q than e if you can then run away i usually only use his q to farm. hope this helps?
I am sure it would have helped.... if you responded 3 - 4 YEARS earlier!!!!