Tanky Top Laners

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redneck Willy

08-14-2013

So i like to play malphite top lane, but i heard in ranked hes banned a lot. So i want to know of other tanky top laners, that can do a good bit of damage like malphite. And if you know could you put down the runes.
Thanks for all the help!

PopsickIe

08-14-2013

Malphite is banned most commonly for his ultimate. Awesome champ and I think I have a 100% win rate with him in ranked.

Other tanky tops include but are not limited to:
Renekton, Vladimir, Ryze, Garen(solo queue beast), trundle, udyr, Zac, cho'gath(my personal favorite), Darius, Galio, J4, Jax, lee sin, rumble, Volibear, Vi and ww. I'm sure I missed one or two but to be fair you can build Vayne as a tank and put her *** up there.

Runes vary from champ to champ and playstyle too...

KccO Flux

08-14-2013

Anybody can list out a bunch of tanky champs and throw them on top lane, and anyone can win with them, in my opinion i would not throw Ryze up there. It all depends on your own play style and rhythm, you could play Lee Sin top but never have a good time as you did with Malphite, so do not just throw away Mal, not all bans are definite and if you ban correctly you can play him. Just play around in normals and see who works imo. Think more team composition when you go into ranked games, less your own pleasure and fun.

Nanners , see you on the Fields.

dopuche

08-14-2013

Malphite isn't as common of a ban/pick as he used to be.