Private LoL Tutoring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaox

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsK Drone View Post
I can believe you are experienced and can improve almost anyone's game... and good luck if there are people willing to pay that price for you.

I personally wouldn't consider it for a minute at a rate of $20/hr, though. People who would likely then be actively or desiring to become serious in a free game, I don't think many people will find value considering one hour with you gets them more than 1 month of any other online game, and this isn't the sweetest economy for many of us right now.

I think I've seen your name a time or two (or maybe more *shrug*) and can believe your reputable and have great tips to improve almost anyone's gameplay, but many people tend to have more than one style in the actual execution, so I also believe anything taught by another player still takes time to "reinvent" for a way that works for you as a different player, and thus for $20/hr under that assumption it's like renting a fortune cookie dispenser for an hour, but that's just me as I'm not sitting on too much cash lately.

Point I'm trying to suggest from that though, if you were to lower your rates (I still won't have the luxury to pay for a tutoring session, but..) You would likely find many more customers, but if your stacked with tutoring session now I'm just rambling.
Thank you for this.

Clyton

12-21-2010

Just to add my two cents/personal opinion, I respect the guy's decision for offering to tutor people. Everyone should be fine with that, because that's his choice. People can choose to get tutor from him and people can choose not to get tutor from him. That's all there is to it.

Chaox

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0kzlpalo View Post
lol@ the kids in this thread

Chaox is legitely a high ELO player (rank 44) and I'm sure he'll get lots of business.
$20 is standard fair, if not below average for high ELO lessons.

I've seen other top players offer training services for a higher amount.
Good luck, Chaox! Maybe it'd be better for the customers to know what you excel at (laning, jungling, ganking, duo lane, support, etc.)

TIP: bigfatjiji is a Member in the forum ^_^
Hah -- well, one thing I find lacking in many players game is team synergy and counter-picking. Surprisingly, this trend exists even at 1800++ ELO!

Just to show that I would not bull-**** my way through a lesson, I had to define many elements of MOBA games which I took for granted... (Myself also being a top hon/dota player, and achieveing 1970 Solo Que within 3 months of my account hitting 30)

When I started, (Definitions below) I felt like my Last Hitting was A+, General Knowledge was Weak, Awareness A+, and Synergy also Weak.
This carried me to 1800 Solo Que, the amount of games I played since has allowed me to drastically increase my General Knowledge and Synergy, allowing me to hit my current Solo Que rating.

Here are the major attributes that define MOBA players:

General Knowledge - The Mathcraft
Builds, champions, skills, items, runes, masteries, the map, creeps, and even obvious(perhaps not so much) winning/losing conditions.

Awareness - Fight or Flight
Awareness is summed up by -- What can you get away with? And how can you gain an advantage with what you have.

When do you start a fight? The amount of awareness needed to accurately define when starting a fight is enormous, including what levels all heroes in the game are at, where are all the heroes in the game positioned, what are the capabilities of each hero in the game, which is then defined by which items they have, and what skill build they're using.

Last Hitting - The Art
Last hitting is essential.
But there exists situations where its beneficial not to last hit! (Think of some as an excersize! should be easy)

Synergy - Insight
This is the part where I believe most Solo Que players fail in grasping.
It's about how heroes work with each other and how heroes work against each other, this element of League of Legends (as a MOBA) is actually quite poor, compared to HoN/Dota, and has much room for improvement (from the playerbase).

The inadequacy in this skillset, I believe, is because of the grind to 30, you never really had to worry about your team's picks, in fact -- most players had a hero they wanted to play in their mind before they qued into normal, at best, blind pick offered a one dimensional strategy level. aka: When I have a jungle, I win more... There should always be a jungle on my team!
Contrasting to a ranked game, draft mode offers a multi-dimensional(I hesitate to say two-dimensional) strategic layer to the pre-game. aka: They picked Amumu jungle, I know that he is forced to start at Blue, we can take advantage of this with x or y, but they picked z, and y is a better choice vs Amumu and z...

But I digress..

Assuming that each of these 4 points are equal in value, 25% each as a part of a MOBA player of any skill level. I believe most Solo Que players are ONLY well versed in Last Hitting(or the skillset that most of you are complaining I cannot teach), secondly proficient in General Knowledge, followed by Awareness, and lastly Synergy.

Little tips in improving Synergy, I feel, would improve any low-medium ELO player's skill exponentially.

RaginHomoSapien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-21-2010

you should be perfectly in your rights to tutor. Your price might be a little high =)

Chaox

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaginHomoSapien View Post
you should be perfectly in your rights to tutor. Your price might be a little high =)
This seems to be a repeating theme...

BeyondGodlike

12-22-2010

Here's a suggestion for you. How about you charge people $20/h to raise their elo through teamviewer? I'm sure you would get a lengthy amount of customers and make a hefty sum of money while destroying the high elo player base.

Deb

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondGodlike View Post
Here's a suggestion for you. How about you charge people $20/h to raise their elo through teamviewer? I'm sure you would get a lengthy amount of customers and make a hefty sum of money while destroying the high elo player base.
Oh please you can barely play MineSweeper with TeamViewer, rofl.

Anything played on TeamViewer is 10x laggier than playing it on yours.

icursarcasmbtw.

Xtchizobr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2010

oh my god.... he's probably already made a few hundred bucks...

Chaox

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtchizobr View Post
oh my god.... he's probably already made a few hundred bucks...
oh... my... god....