Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Private LoL Tutoring

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaox

12-21-2010

Private lessons from 1970 Solo Que player...

Lessons will help improve what you feel you are weak at. This could include solo mid training, mathcrafting on certain builds, walkthroughs on heroes, and duo queing.

If you are serious about improving your game...

Rate: 20$ an hour through Paypal

F.A.Q's (maybe.. ;x)

"Game tutoring? WTF? srrsly?"
Sure, why not.
I'm certainly not the first to do this, Starcraft 2, Halo both have tutoring. (IdrA charges 150$/hr!)

Think of tennis tutoring, that is a perfectly accepted social norm, right?
As long as you're having fun with League, it's not THAT big of a stretch.

"Can you really teach someone how to be a better player of League of Legends?"
Yes!

I can point out flaws in anyone's gameplay.
I can also teach advanced techniques that you might have never even thought of, and would otherwise have to play a long time to gain through experience.

If you're a novice, I could go over many of the "general knowledge" such as builds, heroes, lanes, items, laning, ganking...
If you're just starting out in Solo Que, I could share many insightful team composition and leadership skills that I was forced to acquire to get to 1970.

"My ego can't handle another player teaching me because it assumes that he/she is better than me!"
Shame! You are a product of the internet... No one can be the good at everything, don't let your ego be fragile, I am better than you at a specific game of a specific genre(probably), theres nothing wrong with this.

"You suck / I hate you / You are trolling / I'm so angry for no reason"
Go punch a baby and let some of that rage out, then think of an argument thats worthwhile.

"You have no credibility!"
Sadly, this is true, I have next to no credibility other than my Solo Que rating.

"The price is too high!"
Send me an e-mail ^^

Theory on Skill usrrs?

General Knowledge - The Mathcraft
Builds, champions, skills, items, runes, masteries, the map, creeps, and even obvious(perhaps not so much) winning/losing conditions.

Awareness - Fight or Flight
Awareness is summed up by -- What can you get away with? And how can you gain an advantage with what you have.

When do you start a fight? The amount of awareness needed to accurately define when starting a fight is enormous, including what levels all heroes in the game are at, where are all the heroes in the game positioned, what are the capabilities of each hero in the game, which is then defined by which items they have, and what skill build they're using.

Last Hitting - The Art
Last hitting is essential.
But there exists situations where its beneficial not to last hit!

Synergy - Insight
This is the part where I believe most Solo Que players fail in grasping.
It's about how heroes work with each other and how heroes work against each other, this element of League of Legends (as a MOBA) is actually quite poor, compared to HoN/Dota, and has much room for improvement (from the playerbase).

The inadequacy in this skillset, I believe, is because during the grind to 30, you never really had to worry about your team's picks, in fact -- most players had a hero they wanted to play in their mind before they qued into normal, at best, blind pick offered a one dimensional strategy level. aka: When I have a jungle, I win more... There should always be a jungle on my team!

A ranked game, draft mode offers a multi-dimensional(I hesitate to say two-dimensional) strategic layer to the pre-game. aka: They picked Amumu jungle, I know that he is forced to start at Blue, we can take advantage of this with x or y, but they picked z, and y is a better choice vs Amumu and z...

nicosharp

12-21-2010

good luck with your endeavor.

Shinôby

12-21-2010

is this guy serious?

Remsiag

Recruiter

12-21-2010

lol...

Eledhan

12-21-2010

I can't tell whether to laugh or cry...

If he's serious, he expects me to trust a junior member of the forums?

If he's not, why even bother?

If it's a scam, I hope Riot bans his account...

Chaox

12-21-2010

Chaox

12-21-2010

Quote:
nicosharp:
good luck with your endeavor.

assuming I'm within my rights to do this?

Crescentstar

12-21-2010

pay 20 bucks so you can google stuff...ok

Greatrabe

12-21-2010

lol try 5$ an hour and someone may consider it, if ur lucky.

phorest

12-21-2010

Why would anyone do this? All the info you need is in these forums and/or on google and you won't be able to teach someone how to last hit or do well in a lane without them having to do it themselves, meaning they get experience through playing which is what they will have done anyway without your "lessons".