Easy to play beginner Hero - Advice needed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

Do not play Yi. I hate when people say that Yi is easy to play, no he isn't. You really need to have a strong understanding of the game mechanics in order to be a good Yi. You really need understand enemy heroes to play a good Yi. You REALLY need to understand how awful the suggested items are and the right build to play a good Yi.

Play a ranged hero. I recommend Sivir.

Raplesyrup1

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezialn View Post
Do not play Yi. I hate when people say that Yi is easy to play, no he isn't. You really need to have a strong understanding of the game mechanics in order to be a good Yi. You really need understand enemy heroes to play a good Yi. You REALLY need to understand how awful the suggested items are and the right build to play a good Yi.

Play a ranged hero. I recommend Sivir.
+1
Yi is easy if youre a decent player, but if not, yi is actually very easy to kill.

Annie is easy, Sivir is good too.

GER Daniel

12-28-2009

ashe and silvi are great.

i will give annie a try next time i can afford her.

Zoob

12-28-2009

I would say sivir for learning the game. Her new shield makes her more forgiving, and you can always efforltlessly push towers while your team is occupied in standoffs, etc, that you wouldn't otherwise be participating in.

Basilisk9466

12-28-2009

Nunu is very nice. Ashe I personally have little respect for, but maybe I just don't see any good ones.

When I was starting out, I tried to go with Cho'gath. Considering my lack of experience, I actually had very few deaths, and that's the thing - played defensively, on low ELO, people tend to run away from him a lot instead of engaging. He's definitely powerful, and gets quite scary after a few feasts (both statwise and literally).

However, there's a very important point here. Cho is easy to learn, but he is not easy to master. Rupture is a pain in the arse to use properly, and it's easy to fall into a downward spiral with him. You'll be an average player at best, because half the time you'll be fighting against Cho's abilities rather than making the most of them. It was only after I started playing my other main, Tristana, that I actually began to win games.

Tristana I like a lot, because she's easy to learn, doesn't have much in the way of awkward tricks, and she scales with skill. A noob can pick up Tristana and do reasonable well, because her skills are pretty self explanatory. An experienced player can pick up Tristana and keep finding new tricks - for example, the average newbie to her will pick up Rapid Fire, figuring that the increased AS will be awesome for killing creeps and champs alike. And it works, kind of. Fast-forward a while, add on some aggression, and you realise that it's a waste of mana when you can max out Explosive Shot, be less of a mana-*****, get an awesome farming ability and a really nasty early-game DoT.

Anecdotes aside, Tristana is my personal recommendation for a starting champ.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-28-2009

Katarina.

Buy sorcerer boots, spam B.F. swords, E -> R. That is your entire strat.

Tpyo

12-28-2009

Nunu, he has a spamable slow, his ult does a ton of damage that many people at lower ELO's won't stop. Hes has a ton of life with the ability to heal for free and his blood boil is amazing as a buff for your carry with a cooldown short enough to be your escape/chase mechanism.

Plus he has a very cheap IP cost.

Don't pick ashe, shes terrible with a vague illusion of being good if she farmed the mid. Two of her abillities are quite good but don't make up for her other two abilities that border on useless. Also you would be expected to carry which is kinda hard when you first start out.