Easy to play beginner Hero - Advice needed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GER Daniel

12-27-2009

hi,

I am new to the game.

Can you suggest me an easy to use beginner character?

It should be easy to play, forgiving and not die too fast.

What hero do you recommend to a player who just wants to check out the game and have some fun.

I hope you can give me some advice.

take care

Soga no Tojiko

12-27-2009

easy to play forgiving and not die too fast....i say Yi is for you, he is easy to play, quite forgiving, he isnt a tank, but his ult lets his run away easily, thus if you use it at the right time u can run away or chase running away champions

you could also use Nunu, hes cheap just like Yi, is currently of the free champs, so u can test him too, his ult hurts and is very easy to use.

LyghtCrye

12-27-2009

I vote for Ashe if you like physical attacks, or Veigar if you like magic. Both of them can farm gold easily, can stay at range, and are straight forward to play. I dont like recommending melee characters to new players because it's too easy to die accidentally early game when playing melee if you aren't familiar with your opponents abilities.

AmyOverlord

12-27-2009

^Pretty much.

Personally, Veigar isn't someone I'd recommend for beginners simply because he takes some sort of average skill to play and be viable.

Ashe is good because her slow skills make it easy to run away. Not to mention she's a good killer. Very easy to learn. So is Master Yi.

JunkRamen

12-27-2009

If you're new, don't play a carry. You're screwing your team over that way. Play a tanky caster like Nunu or AP Sion. Start with Sapphire Crystal + 2 hp potions and build it up to Catalyst the Protector the next time you go to your base. From there you want to buy basic Boots of Speed. From there, you can kinda play around with different item builds, but I find for Nunu you want to turn that Catalyst into an RoA then build another Catalyst to make Banshee's Veil.

Kragorn

12-27-2009

Ashu/Nunu for the 450IP heroes. I actually started with Alistair. Tank + self heal + stuns + Ult reduces damage.

GER Daniel

12-27-2009

thanks for all the tips.

i tried ashu and nunu so far. both are great.

i am really having trouble against SHACO.

Trux 42

12-27-2009

I've unlocked and tried everyone (bought the game+bundle). Of all of the champs I found Cho'gath the easiest and he fits your description. Start off with condon's MFing Cho'Gath guide here http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=28942 then decide if you want to grab him or not. Good luck

SubtlePanda

12-27-2009

Yay! Nunu is super easy to learn... and to master as well. Remember to not be afraid to use your ulti even on a 2v1 AND use it when they are close. Keep in mind who on enemy team has flash.

Tips vs. Shaco...

1) do you know what his abilities do?

his deceive spell lets him "flash" or teleport ~500 units of distance (about the size of your thumb distance) away and then stealths him for 4 seconds. he uses this to get behind you and then WHACK, he gets critical damage if he hits you while you are stealth.

if you see the little dust of wind (meaning shaco just used deceive) RUN TO YOUR TOWER. wait for him to show up, and if he shows up behind you, ice blast him with nunu and then he will start running (unless you are low health)

if you ARE low health, get behind your tower and bluepill (or run all the way to your inner tower) he also has a dagger throw which is a ranged nuke that also slows you.

of course you KNOW his ulti creates a double of himself. do realize the fake double will explode and deal 200/300/400 magic damage. the double takes damage more rapidly so if you iceball the wrong one and it suddenly is about to die. RUN. dont let the fake one explode on you.

2) early game NEVER stay low health. if you at around 300 health at level 3-6 and you dont have consume ready, then stay around your tower. wait for minions to come, wait for consume to get ready, and USE IT.

3) call mia when shaco is not there.

4) when you hit level 6, always keep an eye on shaco health. remember your ulti does 625 magic damagae + any ability power you got. (usually should have +10 from doran's ring... doran's ring is a great starting item for nunu, esp. if you are new) shaco's usually are quite fragile and your iceball should be doing around 200 damage by then. try to get 1-2 iceballs on shaco, bring him down to at least 600 health and get him to attack you. (or go initiate a fight by blood boil self, run towards him, iceball, get close, begin ultimate) do realize he can deceive ALMOST out of range so initiating is usually not a good way to hit him.

5) you do NOT need any stealth detection versus shaco. he only has 4 seconds of stealth. if you are playing smart, when he deceives, just run. however, if you think it will give you a good advantage, buy the 150 ward and place about halfway between your tower and their tower. if you DO this, be sure to ice ball the **** out of him when he deceives and is running towards you.

6) beef up and try to pick up cleanse or heal. cleanse often, it's a short CD. i usually get a doran's ring to begin or a sapphire crystal + 2 health pots.

did i forget to mention? DONT FORGET YOU HAVE HEALTH POTS

haha. tl;dr version
play cautious, spam ice balls, ulti whenever he is initiating and you can tank the damage.

Delite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtlePanda View Post
Yay! Nunu is super easy to learn... and to master as well. Remember to not be afraid to use your ulti even on a 2v1 AND use it when they are close. Keep in mind who on enemy team has flash.

Tips vs. Shaco...

1) do you know what his abilities do?

his deceive spell lets him "flash" or teleport ~500 units of distance (about the size of your thumb distance) away and then stealths him for 4 seconds. he uses this to get behind you and then WHACK, he gets critical damage if he hits you while you are stealth.

if you see the little dust of wind (meaning shaco just used deceive) RUN TO YOUR TOWER. wait for him to show up, and if he shows up behind you, ice blast him with nunu and then he will start running (unless you are low health)

if you ARE low health, get behind your tower and bluepill (or run all the way to your inner tower) he also has a dagger throw which is a ranged nuke that also slows you.

of course you KNOW his ulti creates a double of himself. do realize the fake double will explode and deal 200/300/400 magic damage. the double takes damage more rapidly so if you iceball the wrong one and it suddenly is about to die. RUN. dont let the fake one explode on you.

2) early game NEVER stay low health. if you at around 300 health at level 3-6 and you dont have consume ready, then stay around your tower. wait for minions to come, wait for consume to get ready, and USE IT.

3) call mia when shaco is not there.

4) when you hit level 6, always keep an eye on shaco health. remember your ulti does 625 magic damagae + any ability power you got. (usually should have +10 from doran's ring... doran's ring is a great starting item for nunu, esp. if you are new) shaco's usually are quite fragile and your iceball should be doing around 200 damage by then. try to get 1-2 iceballs on shaco, bring him down to at least 600 health and get him to attack you. (or go initiate a fight by blood boil self, run towards him, iceball, get close, begin ultimate) do realize he can deceive ALMOST out of range so initiating is usually not a good way to hit him.

5) you do NOT need any stealth detection versus shaco. he only has 4 seconds of stealth. if you are playing smart, when he deceives, just run. however, if you think it will give you a good advantage, buy the 150 ward and place about halfway between your tower and their tower. if you DO this, be sure to ice ball the **** out of him when he deceives and is running towards you.

6) beef up and try to pick up cleanse or heal. cleanse often, it's a short CD. i usually get a doran's ring to begin or a sapphire crystal + 2 health pots.

did i forget to mention? DONT FORGET YOU HAVE HEALTH POTS

haha. tl;dr version
play cautious, spam ice balls, ulti whenever he is initiating and you can tank the damage.
Uhh.... anything that long isn't very noob friendly. Here's Noobfriendly:

Annie:

1.) Get the Passive Stun Proc
2.) Find an enemy champion and press R -> Q -> W. Collect Gold.
3.) Run away before people find you without having a stun proc up.

That's pretty much it really....

PS Regarding Step 2. Do R first, but you can take a coin, and say Heads = Q, and Tails = W, and flip the coin to see which one you press, cause it really doesn't matter too much if you're quick.